• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

"Operation: Just Cause" Pass

Big100HD said:
BrownDevil said:
Big100HD said:
here we go again..... :rolleyes:
[snapback]146832[/snapback]​

hmmmmm whatever could that mean :whistling:

Not intended at you Rob,

but don't you notice something fishy about the last puts & takes?

eleuthardt said:
Takes
A Fuente BTL
Padron Millennium

Puts
Davidoff Millennium Blend Robusto
Diamond Crown Pyramid Maduro
Up in Smoke Toro

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....But it seems private PM's are not working....

eleuthardt You have not responded to at least 3 PM's from people...including myself before you shipped that package.

You went ahead and shipped it and ignored us. Do you really think you are going to get away with it without anyone noticing? I've had my turn already, in this pass, saw that "Padron Millennium" - tried my best to find something in my collection to get it.

The Padron is a true millenium cigar. No longer made. extinct....RARE comes to mind....Value? A whole lot more than MSRP. Same goes for the BTL, still made, but only released ONCE per year.

What makes you think a "Davidoff Millennium Blend Robusto" or a "Diamond Crown Pyramid Maduro" is "EQUAL"? Both of these cigars are still produced and although the MSRP may be somewhat equal, NO WAY does it match in rarity.

Bottom Line....Your Put's and Takes are so far off you must be looking out of your ass when you walk. I wouldn't feel this way or say this but, it's clear your ignoring every attempt to rectify this in a civil manor.

You were asked NOT to ship the package out on Sunday night. At least 3 times. Now it's time for you to answer up!!!!!

Unfortunately, Our Host Alosttexan, let you in the pass. Your ignoring him too. With some mistakes made by him earlier in the pass, by letting things slide and burning some bridges has caused this kind of thing to escalate.

Some look at it as sweet revenge....maybe. We've all had time for a snicker or two. But, does it help the overall board? Not hardly. If this is allowed to slide....I feel it's the begining of the end of future cigar passes.

If I'm way off on my perception of this please let me know....won't be the first time I'm wrong.

****edited to add******

Up in smoke????what is that a play on words?

Up In Smoke
6 x 50 - Natural - Bundle of 25
Price: $36.00

Is this what we're calling adding something to a pass?
[snapback]147118[/snapback]​

Haven't been on in days, but you are mistaken about the pricing of the BTL. I know MSRP of this, and just because it is only produced at the Holidays, does not mean it is worth more than what they sell it for, especially since it is now holiday time. I restate, if you had special rules about the sticks they should have been posted. If you felt somethinbg was worth more than retail, you should have posted, if you thought certain sticks needed to be saved just for you, you should have posted. We are all fellow smokers and are not out to screw anyone of a well deserved smoke.

As far as the Up in Smoke, it is a local shop that I frequent, and they have their own line so I put one in the box. I have a box of these and pass them along quite often as they are too mild for me.

I guess you guys all owe an apology.
popcorn.gif

Serious question here so don't shoot me.
I know general rule of thumb is non-isom for non and isom for isom,
But, since the Anejos are a bit of a rarity, would an Anejo either #46 or 49 be a suitable trade for either the cohiba or hoyo edicion limitada?

Just checking, hopefully Lost can chime in on this one.
thanks all

Eluthart, just out of curiosity, which "Up in Smoke" are you getting the BTL's from? I called them on Monday, and they told me that they hadn't seen any of them this year. No other store had seen them either. Now, i didn't call EVERY store in the DFW area, but I called several that I know are pretty high-end stores, that would have gotten them in, and nobody had them. So exactly how are you getting them for MSRP there when they haven't got any in? I am a bit curious. If I am wrong on this, correct me.

Also, how are you getting the Padron Millenniums for HALF of the going rate when nobody at Up in Smoke has EVER heard about them? I am really curious about this.

Nobody is saying that the cigars that were put into the pass should have come back to me, just that they shouldn't have been taken while putting in cigars worth HALF the value. You are completely missing the point...

ALostTexan

hudsonvalley said:
popcorn.gif

[snapback]147640[/snapback]​

Actually, this isn't true. Eluthart did stop in YESTERDAY and check his PM's, which I tracked, so this story of not being around doesn't really hold up.

I tried to contact him via PM, Email, and Instant Messenger, and he ignored everything...

ALostTexan

ALostTexan said:
hudsonvalley said:
popcorn.gif

[snapback]147640[/snapback]​

Actually, this isn't true. Eluthart did stop in YESTERDAY and check his PM's, which I tracked, so this story of not being around doesn't really hold up.

I tried to contact him via PM, Email, and Instant Messenger, and he ignored everything...

ALostTexan
[snapback]147644[/snapback]​

When one volunteers to be in a pass, one of the expectations is that you see it through from the cigars arriving, until they have left. Eleuthardt's problem was sending the cigars out too fast before anyone could have time to post and ask him to rectify the situation. It sounds to me as if adequate effort was put forward in terms of contacting him before the cigars were sent out. It's his own problem that he did not check to see if anyone else cared. Being gone is no excuse either. If a person can't make the time commitment to be in a pass, then they shouldn't sign up for one-period. Once again, it's not a crime, just very poor pass behavior. If anyone owes an apology. . . . . . . . . .

Although this is clearly different as it looks to me as eleuthardt most certainly screwed your pass on purpose. Where the little things I was talking about in the first part of your pass were deffinately honest judgement errors ( and small in comparison). And I absolutely hate to see either happen to any pass regardless of what the host feels and has said about me personally.

But Tex I have to say this is a prime example of what happens when the snowball starts rolling down hill! Starts off a little thing, then starts building up. Just what I warned you about. This usually happens to some unsuspecting host (or passer that gets his a$$ eaten) a few months down the road in smaller scale because people learning the ropes read an "open, usual rules apply" pass that aloud certain things. I have never seen the same pass and host get to taste the results. I see that you have a very bitter taste now!

It's to bad that this eleuthardt guy isn't intelligent enough to see what he is saying is a crock of sh$t and step up and rectify his blunder (blunder?...yeah right) like a man. But his attitude and evasive actions clearly state his class. Which also marks the end of him here at CP in my eyes. But for you and the passers I hope he does come to his senses.

cohibasurfer said:
Although this is clearly different as it looks to me as eleuthardt most certainly screwed your pass on purpose. Where the little things I was talking about in the first part of your pass were deffinately honest judgement errors ( and small in comparison). And I absolutely hate to see either happen to any pass regardless of what the host feels and has said about me personally.

But Tex I have to say this is a prime example of what happens when the snowball starts rolling down hill! Starts off a little thing, then starts building up. Just what I warned you about. This usually happens to some unsuspecting host (or passer that gets his a$$ eaten) a few months down the road in smaller scale because people learning the ropes read an "open, usual rules apply" pass that aloud certain things. I have never seen the same pass and host get to taste the results. I see that you have a very bitter taste now!

It's to bad that this eleuthardt guy isn't intelligent enough to see what he is saying is a crock of sh$t and step up and rectify his blunder (blunder?...yeah right) like a man. But his attitude and evasive actions clearly state his class. Which also marks the end of him here at CP in my eyes. But for you and the passers I hope he does come to his senses.
[snapback]147665[/snapback]​

Bravo Mike! BRAVO!!!

The guy makes me all squishy inside! :love:

Well it's starting to get late on the east coast, so I am just putting a preliminary P/T list (for real this time)

Please keep in mind I am posting this list for general opinion from the group, or an overruling decision made by our host.

Puts:
Arturo Fuente Anejo #49 (see note below on top take)
PAN 1964 Monarca
LFD Double Lingero Chisel

Takes:
Either the Cohiba or Hoyo Edicion Limitada (AGAIN, KEEP IN MIND, this is NOT going out like this, I merely asked the question about this since the anejos are on the rare side, and am waiting for an opinion)
Opus X XXX I've never seen the XXX in my local shops, so looking online, I found them within 1 dollar value of eachother, again, opinions will determine choice)
Torano Reserva Selecta Robusto

I have to run out for an hour or so, so hopefully I will get some feedback. I learn something new every day so if any of my P/Ts are WAY out there, forgive me and don't crucify me for asking. Hey at least I asked first right??

Many thanks!
Robert :thumbs:

EDIT:

I see 3 of you fellas in here right now....someone say something :whistling:

eleuthardt you know where you can stick it! :angry: I hope you like the trust that you just destroyed with everyone. The rarity in the BTL is the maduro and natural wrapper. I'm not even going into the Millennium! Hell going rate for one of those is $35! Again I say you are through with CP in my eyes :angry2:

Post a name and address on this clown for documentation purposes. This may very well be his last pass here.

eleuthardt said:
Big100HD said:
BrownDevil said:
Big100HD said:
here we go again..... :rolleyes:
[snapback]146832[/snapback]​

hmmmmm whatever could that mean :whistling:

Not intended at you Rob,

but don't you notice something fishy about the last puts & takes?

eleuthardt said:
Takes
A Fuente BTL
Padron Millennium

Puts
Davidoff Millennium Blend Robusto
Diamond Crown Pyramid Maduro
Up in Smoke Toro

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....But it seems private PM's are not working....

eleuthardt You have not responded to at least 3 PM's from people...including myself before you shipped that package.

You went ahead and shipped it and ignored us. Do you really think you are going to get away with it without anyone noticing? I've had my turn already, in this pass, saw that "Padron Millennium" - tried my best to find something in my collection to get it.

The Padron is a true millenium cigar. No longer made. extinct....RARE comes to mind....Value? A whole lot more than MSRP. Same goes for the BTL, still made, but only released ONCE per year.

What makes you think a "Davidoff Millennium Blend Robusto" or a "Diamond Crown Pyramid Maduro" is "EQUAL"? Both of these cigars are still produced and although the MSRP may be somewhat equal, NO WAY does it match in rarity.

Bottom Line....Your Put's and Takes are so far off you must be looking out of your ass when you walk. I wouldn't feel this way or say this but, it's clear your ignoring every attempt to rectify this in a civil manor.

You were asked NOT to ship the package out on Sunday night. At least 3 times. Now it's time for you to answer up!!!!!

Unfortunately, Our Host Alosttexan, let you in the pass. Your ignoring him too. With some mistakes made by him earlier in the pass, by letting things slide and burning some bridges has caused this kind of thing to escalate.

Some look at it as sweet revenge....maybe. We've all had time for a snicker or two. But, does it help the overall board? Not hardly. If this is allowed to slide....I feel it's the begining of the end of future cigar passes.

If I'm way off on my perception of this please let me know....won't be the first time I'm wrong.

****edited to add******

Up in smoke????what is that a play on words?

Up In Smoke
6 x 50 - Natural - Bundle of 25
Price: $36.00

Is this what we're calling adding something to a pass?
[snapback]147118[/snapback]​

Haven't been on in days, but you are mistaken about the pricing of the BTL. I know MSRP of this, and just because it is only produced at the Holidays, does not mean it is worth more than what they sell it for, especially since it is now holiday time. I restate, if you had special rules about the sticks they should have been posted. If you felt somethinbg was worth more than retail, you should have posted, if you thought certain sticks needed to be saved just for you, you should have posted. We are all fellow smokers and are not out to screw anyone of a well deserved smoke.

As far as the Up in Smoke, it is a local shop that I frequent, and they have their own line so I put one in the box. I have a box of these and pass them along quite often as they are too mild for me.
[snapback]147639[/snapback]​

SamClemmons said:
Post a name and address on this clown for documentation purposes. This may very well be his last pass here.

I would have, but there wasn't any info in the pass, and oddly enough he didn't put a return address.

On another note, no one has commented on my proposed P/Ts :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

SFG75 said:
Eleuthardt's problem was sending the cigars out too fast before anyone could have time to post and ask him to rectify the situation. It sounds to me as if adequate effort was put forward in terms of contacting him before the cigars were sent out. It's his own problem that he did not check to see if anyone else cared.
Amen. He KNEW full well that he was shafting the pass and its host... so he tried to play it off like he was just SO busy and tried to fly under the radar.

Sorry deadbeat, you got caught. :angry2:

eleuthardt said:
Haven't been on in days, but you are mistaken about the pricing of the BTL. I know MSRP of this, and just because it is only produced at the Holidays, does not mean it is worth more than what they sell it for, especially since it is now holiday time.
If you don't like what the going price or value is on a particular cigar, DON'T F*CKING TOUCH IT. No one forced you to take it... but since you took it upon yourself to do so, you also agreed to abide by the rules and values of the host... NOT YOUR OWN. Leads to the next point...

eleuthardt said:
I restate, if you had special rules about the sticks they should have been posted. If you felt somethinbg was worth more than retail, you should have posted, if you thought certain sticks needed to be saved just for you, you should have posted. We are all fellow smokers and are not out to screw anyone of a well deserved smoke.
There are RULES that every pass participant follows. They are evident in every pass that takes place on this board. Just because it's not explicitly stated in plain sight does not mean it does not apply. If you don't know what the rules are, ASK. If don't know the host's value of a cigar, ASK.

It's because of bullsh*t attitude like yours that give newbies a bad name.

eleuthardt said:
Haven't been on in days, but you are mistaken about the pricing of the BTL. I know MSRP of this, and just because it is only produced at the Holidays, does not mean it is worth more than what they sell it for, especially since it is now holiday time. I restate, if you had special rules about the sticks they should have been posted. If you felt somethinbg was worth more than retail, you should have posted, if you thought certain sticks needed to be saved just for you, you should have posted.
[snapback]147639[/snapback]​

You took one very rare annually released cigar (the BTL), and one very rare, very limited production 4 year old cigar that was released once (the PMM), and replaced them with two regular production, currently in release cigars.

Please provide me, via PM if you wish, the name and phone number of a store -- any store -- that I can call up right now, and purchase:

1) a Between the Lines for anything even close to the same price as a Davidoff Millennium Blend Robusto <about $11> (one of your puts)

2) a Padrón Millennium Maduro for anything even close to the same price as a Diamond Crown Pyramid Maduro <about $14> (your other put)

We'll ignore the "Up in Smoke Toro" because it's irrelevant to the discussion (if you want to try to make it relevant, then we're into quantity for quality, which is clearly wrong).

If you can do this, then I will apologize to you.

If you cannot do this, then you need to apologize, and make the situation right.

If you just blow me off, and don't respond to this request (either via PM or in this thread), then it's safe to say that you are done here on CP. Not because I have any power or influence here at all, but rather because everyone else will have seen how you responded.

Your move, eleuthardt.

eleuthardt said:
I restate, if you had special rules about the sticks they should have been posted. If you felt somethinbg was worth more than retail, you should have posted, if you thought certain sticks needed to be saved just for you, you should have posted. We are all fellow smokers and are not out to screw anyone of a well deserved smoke.
There are RULES that every pass participant follows. They are evident in every pass that takes place on this board. Just because it's not explicitly stated in plain sight does not mean it does not apply. If you don't know what the rules are, ASK. If don't know the host's value of a cigar, ASK.

See eleuthardt, vew is 110% correct in his reply to you. This is the difference between those who "get it" and those who don't. In the initial post that starts a pass, everyone follows the same pass rules that are posted on the front page of this website. Any subsequent ones are given by the pass host(.i.e.-the everlasting gob) Every pass participant is expected to have read the rules, as well as to have checked out passes in progress and those that have been completed to see how things operate. It's clear that you did neither. The "you should have posted" thing doesn't hold any water either. Alosttexan and others pm'd you more than once to try and stop you from making a big mistake, but you chose to ignore them.

BrownDevil said:
Well it's starting to get late on the east coast, so I am just putting a preliminary P/T list (for real this time)

Please keep in mind I am posting this list for general opinion from the group, or an overruling decision made by our host.

Puts:
Arturo Fuente Anejo #49 (see note below on top take)
PAN 1964 Monarca
LFD Double Lingero Chisel

Takes:
Either the Cohiba or Hoyo Edicion Limitada (AGAIN, KEEP IN MIND, this is NOT going out like this, I merely asked the question about this since the anejos are on the rare side, and am waiting for an opinion)
Opus X XXX I've never seen the XXX in my local shops, so looking online, I found them within 1 dollar value of eachother, again, opinions will determine choice)
Torano Reserva Selecta Robusto

I have to run out for an hour or so, so hopefully I will get some feedback. I learn something new every day so if any of my P/Ts are WAY out there, forgive me and don't crucify me for asking. Hey at least I asked first right??

Many thanks!
Robert :thumbs:

EDIT:

I see 3 of you fellas in here right now....someone say something :whistling:
[snapback]147673[/snapback]​
Robert,
A Non-ISOM for an ISOM is usually a no-no, but left up to the discretion of the host. And rareity usually doesn't have anything to do with it, unless it was a cigar that was made only once, such as a Millenium, or a Paragas 150. Anejo's aren't rare, just hard to come by. And as for quality, the Anejo's really aren't in the same league as the Cohiba or Hoyo. I don't know the whole history of this pass, but that's my humble opinion as an outsider.
Emo

PM sent to Brown Devil.

Also, for all of those that think I have handled this poorly, I will have a full detail of the efforts that I put into this tomorrow morning. I honestly think this was an honest mistake, at first, but Eluthart, but feel that he did nothing to either a) defend his P/T's in a correct way, especially with the Padron, or b) admit they were wrong and do something to make up for it.

I put alot of effort into fixing the problem, and he did nothing to help out his cause. I will put all of the details together and post them tomorrow morning.

Off to work now, and in the "F-ing Christmas Spirit" tonight at our staff Christmas party. Luckily there will be plenty of free beer to tide me over...

ALostTexan

Alrighty, in addition to the PM from Lost and a couple PMs, + all the DRAMA going on here, it's been decided my first question has been answered.
Since that was the only P/T that was questioned, I'm assuming my other two were fine.

I will sub with this P/T for the following:

Put: Arturo Fuente Anejo #49 (still want to give someone a chance to get this)
Take: Opus X Robusto

I'm guessing this shouldn't be a problem, but in case one of you gents disagrees, just let me know. I'm off to work now so I will be away until 3pm pacific. If all is good, it will be going out today.

Thanks for the input again Lost, EMO, ads47, Big100HD, moki, & Captain B. If I forgot someone, I still love you :love:

Thanks all,
Robert

Get the rope, this jackass is done here..........