• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OpFTH Pass...AKA The Sandbox Pass

Damn, this thing is already amazing.

Contents confirmed as follows
9 King B
4 Don Carlos #4
2 Hemingway Best Seller
2 858 Maduro
4 Padron '64 Nat Principe
2 Anejo 49
2 Ashton VSG Tres Mystic (Sorry Brickhouse. I smoked the other 3 and forgot to put the replacements in the box)
2 Cusano 18 Maduro
1 Don Lino Africa Kifaro
1 CAO MX2 Robusto
1 Surprise from bobbyshirley
1 Edge Box sealed with tape from puffstuff

Take 1 King B
Puts 1 WOAM, 2 WOA, 1 Padron 3K Maduro, 1 RP Vintage 1992 Toro, 1 Ashton Cabinet Select #2

8 King B's off to bchem and a small device going back to preembargo.

DC's to follow

I sent these two packages via UPS insured as I was in lock down at work all day!

preembargo's package was sent UPS overnight in an attempt to offset the summer heat on a trip from NJ to Texas 1z0776530150840441

bchem's 8 King B's 1z0776530351951138

I would like to remove my name from the pass. Brickhouse - I'll prepare a suitable bomb next week and send if off to you (I've got some goodies comin' in the mail ;) )

The King B in this pass has way too many strings attached to it. Thanks, but no thanks - no need in wasting it on me.

I would like to remove my name from the pass. Brickhouse - I'll prepare a suitable bomb next week and send if off to you (I've got some goodies comin' in the mail ;) )

The King B in this pass has way too many strings attached to it. Thanks, but no thanks - no need in wasting it on me.

I'm gonna join George on this one. Please remove my name from the pass rotation.

I'll send another package directly to preembargo next week. Add my King B to the final package headed to the Sandbox! This will be easier for me than receiving, opening, inventorying, re-packaging, and re-sending the pass. A win-win, as it were!

Thanks for including me on this, I can't think of a better cause for a pass! :thumbs:

I'm gonna join George on this one. Please remove my name from the pass rotation.

I'll send another package directly to preembargo next week. Add my King B to the final package headed to the Sandbox! This will be easier for me than receiving, opening, inventorying, re-packaging, and re-sending the pass. A win-win, as it were!

Thanks for including me on this, I can't think of a better cause for a pass! :thumbs:

Good call - I'll send my end to pre-embargo to make it in the final package that's being sent.

We seem to be at a critical point in the pass. There are a few potential problems that should be addressed.
The easy one first:

One of the packages that were to be delivered today by UPS was addressed incorrectly and they were not able to deliver it. 1Z 097 708 03 4369 128 2

My wife is back in the hospital and I may not be able to pick it up before they reattempt delivery on Monday (I’ve spoken with them and given the correct address). Please be sure to pm the next pass participant to verify snailers before you ship.

The next issue is more sensitive. There are issues being discussed in another thread that could adversely affect the success of this pass. I would never discourage anyone from expressing their views in that thread but I hope that we can all leave that topic at the sandbox door. Feelings and opinions are strong but I’m convinced our appreciation and support for those who serve our country is stronger.

George and Steve, Thank you for choosing to continue to participate, I would be more than happy to receive your virtual puts and include your King B’s.

Received the pass today. All is well with the sticks, resting comfortably in my humidor. Can send tomorrow if desired, but think (given the heat of the summer) that it would be best to send it out Monday to avoid the package possibly sitting in some warehouse for a day or more on Sunday. If no objections, I will make some decisions and send it out on Monday.

My wife is back in the hospital.....

My prayers are out to you and the Mrs. I hope she'll be okay soon.

ALSO.....thanks to all of you who are participating in this pass; not just because I'm one of the benefactors (although that counts too :) ), but because you've risen above personal opinions and continued to do what's best for the whole (the pass itself and the entire CP Forum).

For those of you who've chosen to bow out. You've got your own perspective on things and I applaud your courage to stand up for what you believe. That's what makes the UNITED STATES so great; standing up for what you believe even if it's unpopular.

:thumbs:

We seem to be at a critical point in the pass. There are a few potential problems that should be addressed.
The easy one first:

One of the packages that were to be delivered today by UPS was addressed incorrectly and they were not able to deliver it. 1Z 097 708 03 4369 128 2

The UPS was from my end. Let me know if there are any other issue with it and I will rectify the matter.

Your PM with your addy had a different then what came up on our UPS system - I triple checked (PM/profile/Mapquest) and it looks like it still got screwy. Sorry about the error. Lemme know when it gets there...if it does!

Mike, hope all is well with your wife.
Thinking of you guys in these trying times.

Brian

Mike: Thoughts and prayers with you and your wife. Hope all works out for the best.

As far as the pass goes...it will go out on Monday to the address you PMed me BFD. DC will be posted then.

As far as the sticks go, I will be throwing a few in for the troops to show my appreciation. Also, in light of other issues that I just recently became aware of, I think I will pass my King B on to the donation to the troops. Thanks for the opportunity to brighten someone's day over there.

Thank you for the prayers and well wishes, they mean more to me than you know. I’m hoping she can come home in the next day or two but it’s still too early to say.

My apologies for not posting this over the weekend;

Friday I received 2 packages from gandolf565, one was for his virtual put and the other was his donated contest winnings from Stevehawk. I also received an enormous box from wasy on Friday as well. All 3 packages arrived in very good shape.

I’m sorry, I don’t want to appear as if I’m flaking out on you gentlemen, but I simply was not able to inspect the contents of the packages over the weekend but I will make sure to do it this evening no matter what.

I’m sorry, I don’t want to appear as if I’m flaking out on you gentlemen, but I simply was not able to inspect the contents of the packages over the weekend but I will make sure to do it this evening no matter what.

Take care of what's important, the cigars aren't gonna grow legs and run away :p

bchem: If you have not sent the pass, please send it directly to preembargo.

otherwise...

Nfulton: Please hold the pass once you receive it. I will be asking you to send the pass and its contents directly to preembargo.

If most of the participants are going to leave their King B, it is pointless to make these guys wait for their package.

If you want your King B, PM me and I will send one to you directly and discreetly.

Any puts, will at this point become virtual. That is, they will be sent directly to preembargo.

This allows for multiple benefits. The guys get their package sooner. Those of you who wish to be rid of me will have their desire sooner and, my word will be kept.

This doesn't have to be a disappointing turn in this pass. The reality is that this has been more a fun way to do something for the troops than a pass. So far every single participant has included extra sticks, and most have even donated their 'takes' as well.

The downside to the remaining participants is missing out on the fun of a pass, you know, trying to decide what sticks to put in, seeing what everyone else is putting in, camping out at the mail box, etc. Well, really none of that has changed except that you just don't have to wait at the mailbox.

The upside is just as BFD said, the Brickhouse crew gets it sooner. In fact, This way Wyatt may get it before his BIRTHDAY ON JULY 10 which would be a great birthday present.

So I trust you'll continue in the spirit of the OpFTH Sandbox pass and not be discouraged. Believe me, I’ll continue to keep everyone updated and you know Wyatt will also.

Now excuse me while I go and reinforce my mailbox. And Wyatt, you'll need to reinforce the smoking patio!

Please send my King B to Preembargo. I will be sending my puts this week. Sad to see the pass come to this, but glad it will still make its final destination.

<snip>..Those of you who wish to be rid of me will have their desire sooner and, my word will be kept.

Nobody wants to get rid of you :whistling:

If you have read this forum inside out you need to take cognizance of the fact that many do make mistakes and the community are quick to call them out. Those that accept the fact that some are not happy with the post or posts in question and simply apologize without conditions, are not only accepted but also respected.

Yes, you have your way of doing things and sure, you may not agree with some of the criticism but why not accept it for what it is and move on.

Clearly you have a lot to offer, so stay and offer, there are some that will welcome your participation. For those that do not, so be it, you cannot please all the people all of the time.

Sorry for the thread jack, IMHO, I just think it would be unfortunate to cut and run.

Brian

bchem: If you have not sent the pass, please send it directly to preembargo.

otherwise...

Nfulton: Please hold the pass once you receive it. I will be asking you to send the pass and its contents directly to preembargo.

If most of the participants are going to leave their King B, it is pointless to make these guys wait for their package.

If you want your King B, PM me and I will send one to you directly and discreetly.

Any puts, will at this point become virtual. That is, they will be sent directly to preembargo.

This allows for multiple benefits. The guys get their package sooner. Those of you who wish to be rid of me will have their desire sooner and, my word will be kept.

First off, I have already sent the package to nfulton with my King B as a donation and a few other smokes, the DC# is 0703 8555 7491 2077 0785. Secondly, it is not my desire to be "rid" of you. I don't like the way things transpired in another thread. I see where you were coming from, and think that it may be attributed to a common "newbie mistake." No harm no foul. I don't agree with the way you handled it, but by no means is a mistake like that beyond repair. Live and learn. I would like to see you stick around and never doubted your intentions with this pass. Lastly, thank you both for setting this pass up. I think it is an excellent idea, and it was a great way for me to show my appreciation of the troops, even though I can't send quite as devestating of a bomb as some others on this board. Thanks for letting me participate, and I hope that you can put this all behind you and remain a part of the community. Time will tell, but again, thanks for the pass. :thumbs:

This doesn't have to be a disappointing turn in this pass. The reality is that this has been more a fun way to do something for the troops than a pass. So far every single participant has included extra sticks, and most have even donated their 'takes' as well.

The downside to the remaining participants is missing out on the fun of a pass, you know, trying to decide what sticks to put in, seeing what everyone else is putting in, camping out at the mail box, etc. Well, really none of that has changed except that you just don't have to wait at the mailbox.

The upside is just as BFD said, the Brickhouse crew gets it sooner. In fact, This way Wyatt may get it before his BIRTHDAY ON JULY 10 which would be a great birthday present.

So I trust you'll continue in the spirit of the OpFTH Sandbox pass and not be discouraged. Believe me, I’ll continue to keep everyone updated and you know Wyatt will also.

Now excuse me while I go and reinforce my mailbox. And Wyatt, you'll need to reinforce the smoking patio!

Very good points and, for me at least, nothing has changed the spirit of the pass at all! No matter how this pass is completed, it is a mission accomplished as far as showing our support for our brothers and sister overseas protecting us. Thanks again to both of you for setting this pass up!

Suicide is a very selfish act...

I know you don't like the message, but it doesn't lose its validity because you take your ball and go home.

As promised here is the inventory received since Friday:

Wasy

4 Don Carlos #4
2 Hemingway Best Seller
2 858 Maduro
4 Padron '64 Nat Principe
2 Anejo 49
2 Ashton VSG Tres Mystic (Sorry Brickhouse. I smoked the other 3 and forgot to put the replacements in the box)
2 Cusano 18 Maduro
1 Don Lino Africa Kifaro
1 CAO MX2 Robusto
1 Surprise from bobbyshirley
1 Edge Box sealed with tape from puffstuff
1 WOAM,
2 WOA,
1 Padron 3K Maduro,
1 RP Vintage 1992 Toro,
1 Ashton Cabinet Select #2

Sealed edge box from puffstuff

gandolf565