• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OR Anejo #49

Theft by deception via the mail. I would look state and federally and notify the postmaster general.

That's a good one! A state, federal, or postal agent actually doing something to help you :D :D :D

I have read this entire thread up to this point.
Saddens me this turns out this way, but again the old guard was proven to be right. Our community is in tact and some folks learned lessons, some harder than others.
Thank you FOG's for doing what you do.

Kind of like when you got your first car and your Dad told you if you keep doing burn outs you will be buying a lot of passenger side rear tires.
Did you listen? No
Was he right? Yes

Same thing applies here.

This should be pinned somewhere and a test made from it for newbies.

Sound familiar? Looks like everyone's doing it now. ;)

That is astonishing. I am a newb so I don't know if my question make sense but why would cbid hold an auction for something like that not received directly from AF?

It just does not make sense to me for them to repackage something like that they bought from an unknown party and then re-sell it when they probably could buy it direct from AF. Am I nuts?

If they did actually do that, the ramifications for them could be severe not only in terms of bad publicity and business practices but also to the relationship they have with AF.

He started a thread here as well, you must have missed it:

Vinnyvega thread

I didnt see this thread. I like the scenarios tossed out. Interesting to see how it plays out if anything is ever heard about it.

Glad to see the Cbid folks took care of it quickly.

I've been paid back in full, received the last check Nov/Dec time frame. No idea about the others.

Honestly how am I just now hearing about people not getting their due?

Honestly how am I just now hearing about people not getting their due?

Phil, as I posted on OLH (for clarity purposes....) and since you requested I post in this thread...here it is for all to see. I did not intend to bring up a sore subject to many community members, but for the sake of the community and those who still choose to trade with Ed on ICC, I will address what has been stated and cited thus far....

BigJake....
[quote author=BigJake6904 link=topic=7246.msg39900#msg39900 date=1297301103]
Phil,

Let me try to straighten this out as not to confuse. What I meant was that out of the $1497 I sent Ed, only $1,150 or so was for the GB...that which I was to be reimbursed. Roughly $500-$550 of the $1,150 owed was paid back.

No, I did not expect reimbursement for the cigars that were not in question. I wanted to reference specific dates and transactions from poopal for what I sent Ed, showing how much I was invested in the GB, and mentioned the other purchase to better indicate what was sent specifically for the Opus and Anejo...about $1,150.

It doesn't step beyond the GB at all, sorry if my original post created any confusion...I hope it's clarified now.

I really didn't expect this to be brought up again, I just as soon considered the ~$600 a loss and moved on from it. I understand this isn't OLH business...but people involved (namely ED) cannot participate in discussion on CP as he can here. So since it's been brought up...maybe it's best to continue discussion (or end it) here? Given a couple days... I could dig up all of the transactions and checks Ed sent me...and try to find the exact, to the penny amount owed. But, it's been so long, I doubt it'd be made good on anyways.[/quote]

Phil...
[quote author=insight link=topic=7246.msg39921#msg39921 date=1297307217]
Jake, that does clear things up, thanks for explaining. Generally there is sort of a year 'statute of limitations' on list additions because older stuff tends to get pretty muddled. However, I am very interested in hearing what Ed has to say about this. I hope he weighs in here on the situation. He seems to have done well for himself on icc and I would like to think he isn't interested in eaving unsettled debts, although obviously I am just speculating
[/quote]

BigJake....
[quote author=BigJake6904 link=topic=7246.msg39924#msg39924 date=1297308291]
I dug for all deposits from Ed made to me in both check and paypal form.

They are as listed....and begin immediately following the incident....then finish before being completed.

7/6/2009 $85 Paypal
7/7/2009 $100 Paypal
7/22/2009 $50 Paypal
7/31/2009 $40 Paypal
8/7/2009 $40 Paypal
10/2/2009 $40 Check (When it was deposited by me)
10/9/2009 $40 Check (When it was deposited by me)
10/21/2009 $40 Check (When it was deposited by me)
12/8/2009 $80 2 x Checks (When it was deposited by me)

That is a total of only $515 being reimbursed....ending in December (about the time Kingatz was repaid.) Not that it matters, but the 3.2% was never added on by Ed when he transferred the $ (as there wasn't a gift option on poopal at that time)...so $10.08 was taken out of the total he paid.

For clarity purposes...I was only reimbursed $504.98 out of about $1,150[/quote]

Spivy.....
[quote author=spivy link=topic=7246.msg39933#msg39933 date=1297312773]
This is what was sent to Jake via PM. Phil if you would like any other clarification please feel free to message me.

Ed

Jake,
You are right about the checks being in small increments up until Greg was paid off. If my memory serves me correctly I send a bulk check to everyone left the beginning of last year. I will go through my records because I made a photocopy of all of the checks that I wrote for this debacle. I caused this debacle and made it right. I have not heard from you in over a year, assuming that everything was behind us. Let me do some digging, and will get back to you tmw.
[/quote]

BigJake.....
[quote author=BigJake6904 link=topic=7246.msg39936#msg39936 date=1297313727]
I received that in a PM? When?

Ed, I'm a bit skeptical here man. Even today I can write a check out, back date it, and scan it...then claim I'm blame free.

The fact remains that if you DID write checks (not calling you a liar)....mine was never received, nor cashed or deposited...I had the same mailing address up until June of 2010 that I did when this all went down. The last checks I received from you were deposited 12/8/2009. There was nothing after that.

Edit: I just looked through both my checking and savings account for all deposits from 12/08/09-July of 2010, I had no deposits that weren't paypal transfers or direct deposit from work. As I said...no check was received, deposited, or cashed.
[/quote]

Is this closed?

Having met Ed last night, along with some of the MA folks...well, this thread should have some closure.