• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

outdoor smoking in the late fall/winter

CigSid said:
Here in southern cal, we just put some sunscreen on and kick back on the beach, of course that is after we snowboard for a few hours...

It's usually the summer months here where you can't be outside...
Oh man tell me about it...when it gets over 80 I have to find some shade...

Setharsis said:

Here in southern cal, we just put some sunscreen on and kick back on the beach, of course that is after we snowboard for a few hours...

Both of you are jerks!  :D

I have one of those patio heaters and they do keep you warm when close as others have said. I put plastic on the windows of the screened porch and crank her up. I do go through a lot of propane though. I also have one of those floor model propane heaters that work great too. I picked both up at Lowes. Always go with the higher BTU's or you'll be spending your money. Trust me I went through a ton of models prior.

Many winter nights have been spent there playing dominoes, smoking cigars and some booze to keep us warm - right Paul?

My winter setup for the screened porch:

IMG_3767_zpsb4f13610.jpg

I just setup in my garage.  Back the car out, close the garage door 3/4 the way and use a space heater + fan to blow the smoke out of the garage.  It's a bitch of a process which is why I cut back my cigar smoking in the winter (which sucks ass.)

Light this! said:

Both of you are jerks!  :D

I have one of those patio heaters and they do keep you warm when close as others have said. I put plastic on the windows of the screened porch and crank her up. I do go through a lot of propane though. I also have one of those floor model propane heaters that work great too. I picked both up at Lowes. Always go with the higher BTU's or you'll be spending your money. Trust me I went through a ton of models prior.

Many winter nights have been spent there playing dominoes, smoking cigars and some booze to keep us warm - right Paul?

My winter setup for the screened porch:

IMG_3767_zpsb4f13610.jpg

Yes sir!

I have one of these heaters as well that I got last year. The first one I got was just pretty and ended up breaking so I swapped it out for a style like Kris has above. I posted something about it last winter. It really does the trick for me as I'm use to being out doors all day long for work so any bit of warmth really makes a difference for me. Wind is a pain as all have said. Closing yourself in a bit is your best option just dot going sealing it tight for the major risk of CO poisoning. Being laid up with a broke foot last winter I burnt through a lot of propane since I was sitting under it twice a day for a smoke and to get out of the house.

Paul

When it gets too cold for me on the porch i build a fire in the cabin.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12084]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:12083]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11155]

Setharsis said:

Yeah.  Can't wait for fall/winter so that I can finally start smoking outside comfortably when the sun's still up.

I have the house to the back of me and the left of me. I am thinking a 48000 BTU N.G. patio heater should work. I guess I will have to wait a few months and try it out.

Pugman1943 said:
I bought a propane gas lamp last year and our front covered patio faces south. It really didn't help much and in four days in my case I was out of gas. Thankfully HD took it back. We were 28° most mornings, so I just bundled up like Nanook, blanket on my legs and coffee. It satisfied my requirement for my morning stick, on I do like my morning stick. You might look a little rough, but who gives a rats ass.
Is this similar to the ones you see at the restaurants or one more like this? http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/20775673?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=10&adid=22222222228016778752&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=52920591911&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=84840688271&veh=sem I was looking at something like this as my friend has one and it's awesome. He does use it in a garage so I don't know how it would work outside, unprotected. I was quite impressed with how warm it kept his 3 car garage in the winter.

I wore jeans and a coat over a hooded sweatshirt (you need to keep the back of your neck covered and warm) and a winter hat over my ears.  Tuck in your shirt if there's any possibility of a breeze going up your back.  I'd be good like this for an hour or so down to about 30 degrees.  Sometimes I'd bring a blanket out to drape over my legs.  The biggest issue I found was my hands getting too cold.  Once my hands got cold, I was pretty much done for.

Wrapped up in an electric blanket in my garage keeps me warm down to the upper teens (with the garage door open) though I have yet to figure out how to keep my finger tips from going numb when it gets that cold.

Setharsis said:

Sheeeeesh.  80's a nice cool day here on the Gulf Coast of Texas! Might need a jacket! Temp and humidity BOTH stay up around 100 all summer long.   :(

I usually only smoke outdoors when I'm camping.  The rest of the time, I have a dedicated room with A/C, a window exhaust fan, and my computer, desk, and books.

~Boar

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..........

snow-smoke-i-blog.jpg

Bayamos said:
Here is my S.A.C. (Spousal Avoidance Center). Setup for drinks & cigars.

Paul, when ya coming brother!
That's a lovely shade of pink you've got on your toes there!

That's awesome. I really need to get my butt in gear and get my man cave finished above the garage.

MrAnderson41 said:

Here is my S.A.C. (Spousal Avoidance Center). Setup for drinks & cigars.

Paul, when ya coming brother!
That's a lovely shade of pink you've got on your toes there!

That's awesome. I really need to get my butt in gear and get my man cave finished above the garage.

LOL....... can't claim them, they are my daughter Delania's.......

comptalk said:
Thought the whole building was the man cave....

It is..............54 ft of it..........daughter came by to hang out by the pool.

Yeah, summer is smoking season.  Knowing this I've been smoking my brains out lately.  Knowing I will most likely just be looking at them for the next 4 months.

TallPaul is in NH and he lights a big ass bonfire and has to sit 30 feet away so he isn't scalded.  He knows how to do it.