• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padrón Millennium Maduro Hand-Off pass

DaveWF said:
So is this pass over, or still going?

Don't forget to PM me when it's ready to be moved.

Dave ;)
Almost! Was going to wait until the pass returned home and I posted on it before asking for a move :)

Well, I got the pass back from Phil for Team #2 -- thanks to everyone who participated!!!

Sorry that the cigars didn't make it to you, Phil and wk-mang -- perhaps next time.

I inspected the cigars, and it looks like some angry postal carrier did a number on it. The 4 remaining PMMs were not destroyed (the wrappers are intact) but a lot of tobacco at the ends of the cigars came off. I have no shame, I will rest them in my humi, then clip the foot off slightly, and smoke 'em.

The other bad news is it looks like some of the "puts" cigars were beaten up too -- a number of them have cracked wrappers. :(

Looks like I'll have to come up with a better packaging scheme for the next time around, and hope for more friendly postal employees. ;)

thanks again to team #2!

moki said:
The other bad news is it looks like some of the "puts" cigars were beaten up too -- a number of them have cracked wrappers. :(
Sorry to hear that Andrew. I hope they're all salvageable at least ???

lucasbuck said:
moki said:
Looks like the casualties are:

Vegas Robaina "Farm Rolled"
Oneoff Soberanos
Partagas 150 A
Late 80's Diplomaticos #2
Cohiba EL 2003

Most of those probably aren't smokable, or at least will require a great bit of patience/care to smoke. Some minor damage to some of the others (slightly cracked feet). I'm guessing this box must have either really dried out, or really taken a beating somewhere (or perhaps both).

Oh well... live and learn.

Man, that sucks. Can't believe you're out so many great sticks. Not just the PMMs but the return sticks as well. I wish there could be something done to help make up for this.

Sorry to hear bro. Team #1's box will be at your door soon enough. Hopefully, they're in much better shape, although there aren't any farm rolled or Cohiba ELs. :(

WTF?

This is unacceptable. I'm very sorry to hear about all the damage Andrew. Something must be done about this. I'll make good on the P150 for starters.

Moki did a real nice thing for a bunch of us providing us with the opportunity to try the PMM's. He doesn't deserve a bunch of unsmokeable cigars in return. Let's make it right :thumbs:

moki said:
lucasbuck said:
moki said:
Looks like the casualties are:

Vegas Robaina "Farm Rolled"
Oneoff Soberanos
Partagas 150 A
Late 80's Diplomaticos #2
Cohiba EL 2003

Most of those probably aren't smokable, or at least will require a great bit of patience/care to smoke. Some minor damage to some of the others (slightly cracked feet). I'm guessing this box must have either really dried out, or really taken a beating somewhere (or perhaps both).

Oh well... live and learn.
Damn! the Oneoff was ruined!? That cigar was perfect! I can send another Oneoff but I do not have that particular size - let me know if that is ok Moki. :angry:

Guys, it's okay -- must just have been me not putting in enough of a humidification system and also a disgruntled postal employee. **** happens, it's cool.

Hopefully I've learned from this and my next pass will work out better! Most of the cigar that have cracked wrappers can be chopped (most of the damage is at the foot).

Live and learn -- and don't resend the smokes! No need for you guys to be out the additional cigars, 'twas my pass! ;)

Well folks, the first pass made it back home fine, with just a bit of damage to that Ghurka, as was noted several pages ago. vewyphishy made an absolutely monstrous play at the end, and I hope he posts it! :D

All in all, it was a very enjoyable and learning experience for me -- I hope you enjoyed it as well.

Thanks for participating in my first pass; this sucker is now officially OVER!

Moved to [Completed Cigar Passes] as requested.

Sorry to hear about the casualties,
Dave ???

moki, NO... I won't post it. :)

Ha. It was just a little something for you. Consider it a token of appreciation for putting together such an awesome pass for these great sticks and letting me be a part of it.

Again, wish there weren't so many casualties. Hopefully, some of the those sticks I sent will help offset it. ???

That sucks on the damaged stuuf. The box must have been thrown around quite a bit. The Diplomatico was double bagged when I sent it out and I remember the stuff in the tupperware box being pretty stable, i.e. not able to really move around.

PuroBrat said:
Sorry for the hold up on my end moki :(

0303 0130 0001 6746 0628
DOH!! I just checked the tracking number, and it said it was delivered on Saturday... just checked, and indeed, there it was, sitting on the porch! Man it was out there for at least 12 hours, I bet the sticks are icicles now :)

:: opening ::

SWEET! Thanks for the sticks, PB, and for the labels! Definitely gonna use those babies! :D

Glad it was pleasing bro, and thanks so much for including mein this wonderfull pass as well. :D

WoW now that was the most amazing & generious cigar pass I have read. Despite the shattering & horrid damage that occured this thing was just great. what a way to share in the experience with fellow BOTL. Kudos to you Andrew & the rest of the participating team. Can't wait for my first invite pass. :thumbs:

Moki you should have shipped them like you ship most of your concrete brick BOMBS! :)