• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padrón Millennium Maduro Hand-Off pass

moki

el Presidente
padron_millennium_band.jpg

This is an invite-only cigar pass. Please don't ask to join if you aren't on the list. Sorry if that sounds snobbish, it's just the only sane way to manage this one.

Okay folks, it's time for the Padrón Millennium Maduro Hand-Off pass. I'm going to package up two parcels with 20 Padrón Millennium Maduro cigars in each, and send them to two separate cigar pass lists simultaneously. On each list there are 10 participants, so we're talking about a total of 40 cigars being sent to 20 people, split evenly in two.

How is a hand-off different than a pass? Because of the relative scarcity of the Padrón Millennium Maduro cigars, I'm assuming that everyone involved will be taking them when the box is passed to them. Thus this is more of a hand-off than a pass. Though it may be less interesting for those involved (other than me!) hopefully the PMM's will make up for the lack of selection.

My review of the PMM's, if you haven't seen it already:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=5409

You have been invited into this pass because I have enjoyed interacting with you here on CigarPass, and because I think you'd enjoy the PMM's. Do not worry if you do not have cigars that you feel are an equitable trade for the PMM's -- karma comes and goes, and the best tasting smokes are not always the most expensive.

If you were not included on this list, please don't be offended. There very well may be a Millennium bomb or trade in your future, there are just only so many people I can include in a single pass.

Here is how it will go down:

1) I will ship the boxes very well packed, with ziplock bags containing two PMM's. The 10 ziplock bags will then be placed in a special bag that is air-tight, and contains a humid-pak to keep everything nice and moist. I'll then place this bag in a well-padded tuperdor, and put that in a padded box. Please extend the courtesy to the next in line and pack your shipment well.

2) When the box arrives at your door, take one of the ziplock bags with two PMM's in it, and replace it with two smokes of your choosing (protected in some manner, such as a ziplock bag). No more, no less -- quality, not quantity. Yes, the PMM's retail for $25-30 (if you can find them); do your best, and provide a smoke that you feel is on par in terms of quality, if not price. We're talking about premium domestics, or premium ISOMs. For example, the following interest me, and would be about equitable:

-- Perdomo Edicion de Silvio
-- Davidoff 2000 (or any high-end Davidoff)
-- Arturo Fuente Between the Lines
-- Arturo Fuente Hemingway Best Seller
-- Graycliff Crystal (P.G. or Pirate)
-- Arturo Fuente Forbidden X
-- Fuente Fuente Opus X PerfecXion "A"/Coffin

As for ISOMs, I'm not particularly familiar with what is good and what is not, so use your best judgment (though I'd be really interested in a Culebra or two). If you do not have smokes of this caliber, do not fret. Just include whatever your best smokes are, and let it go on to the next person.

Also, take a look at what has already been contributed to the pass, and use that to guide what you include in return. I don't necessarily want 40 Between the Lines or 40 Cubans in return :)

Please also post in this thread when the box arrives, so everyone can keep track of it. If you care to post your own review of the PMM's, I absolutely encourage it. Whether you love 'em or hate 'em, I'm always interested in people's opinions of cigars.

3) Inside the tuperdor, there will be a list of everyone that the pass is going to. Cross your name off of the list, repack the box, and send it on to the next person with alacrity, because people will be waiting for their shipment. Please insure the package as well, in case of a disaster, with a value of $600.

Then once you have sent the package on its way to the next person -- make sure the list of addresses is left in the tuperdor!! -- post in this thread as well, with an estimated ETA on when the next person should expect the package, and who the next person is

That's it! If you'd like to post here or PM me with what replacement cigars you added to the package when it was your turn to pass, that's fine with me -- but that's optional, and up to you.

Given that this is my first cigar pass (I've never even participated in one, let alone started my own), if you feel I've made any mistakes, your advice is absolutely welcome.

The next post will contain the list of participants.

In no particular order, here are the 20 people who are invited to participate in this cigar pass. Once we have everyone confirmed, I'll do my best to order the list in a sane geographical manner, to make the pass go off smoothly.

Please read the rules of this pass (posted in the previous message) carefully before proceeding. Once again, I'd like to repeat:

You have been invited into this pass because I have enjoyed interacting with you here on CigarPass, and because I think you'd enjoy the PMM's. Do not worry if you do not have cigars that you feel are an equitable trade for the PMM's -- karma comes and goes, and the best tasting smokes are not always the most expensive.

If you were not included on this list, please don't be offended. There very well may be a Millennium bomb or trade in your future, there are just only so many people I can include in a single pass.

If your name is on the list below, PM me to tell me if you are in or out of this cigar pass. If you are in, please also include the mailing address you'd like the cigars sent to. Once everyone has chimed in, and I have all of the addresses, we'll be underway! If someone bows out, I'll simply invite the next person on the list to participate, no drama.

I will mark people as CONFIRMED once they have gotten back to me with their address.

Without further ado, here's the list:

ricmac25 -- CONFIRMED
gatorsmg -- CONFIRMED
cigah_smoka -- CONFIRMED
SamGuss -- CONFIRMED
vewyphishy -- CONFIRMED
coventrycat86 -- CONFIRMED
Triple_D -- CONFIRMED
lucasbuck -- CONFIRMED
Scott1966 -- CONFIRMED
wk-mang -- CONFIRMED
ParaGod -- CONFIRMED
AVB -- CONFIRMED
Phil -- CONFIRMED
Bat_Chief -- CONFIRMED
Fast4Dr -- CONFIRMED
Shadow -- CONFIRMED
Matt R -- CONFIRMED
Ludwig -- CONFIRMED
PuroBrat -- CONFIRMED
sir-smokes-a-lot -- CONFIRMED

Horse -- didn't respond in time
stogieman -- declined
emodx -- declined
TheBeast -- declined

After you've smoked one of these guys, post your review on CigarPass, and maybe throw in a rating here if you care to:

http://www.top25cigar.com/reviewdatabase/p...yes&catpkID=421

OK, some of us are a little slow...SECOND PM sent with the address this time.
duh.gif

Bat_Chief said:
OK, some of us are a little slow...SECOND PM sent with the address this time.
duh.gif
That's not gonna work when you're sittin' on the box of Millenniums, buddy! :p

Please count me in Bruddah Moki! Sorry but I deleted the PM already... LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

Lookin' good... we have 16 out of 20 confirmed already.

So far, three people have not responded to this pass (I did send them a PM as well): stogieman, emodx, TheBeast

What's the etiquette here? Should I send 'em another reminder? How long should I wait before crossing 'em off of the list and finding replacements?

moki said:
So far, three people have not responded to this pass (I did send them a PM as well): stogieman, emodx, TheBeast

What's the etiquette here? Should I send 'em another reminder? How long should I wait before crossing 'em off of the list and finding replacements?
I didn't get an email or a pop up on your first PM. I did get the second one. I can't commit to anymore passes right now. Thank you for the invite. Have fun guys.
Emo

We had 3 people declined the PMM pass invitation, so I've invited 3 more people, and updated the list! :)

Hopefully we'll get this sucker off the ground soon!

Welp, we have everyone confirmed except one person: Horse Hopefully he'll confirm with his address soon, and we'll be in business!

I already have the goods packed up snugly in a tupperdor (just finished packing them). The only thing left to do will be to sort the addresses in a reasonable geographic manner, and away these puppies go!!

pmm_pass_pack1.jpg

pmm_pass_pack2.jpg

pmm_pass_pack3.jpg