• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron, Padron Anniversary, Padron 1926

Status
Not open for further replies.
tobaccoleaf1 said:
Ian recieved a private message which is the proper method to deal with situations but this person in a round about way threatned to come out and post things if Ian didn't come and post he had made a mistake. I got rather peaved because we do our best to service everyone on here with fair and prompt servivce and was just stating that some of you just can't wait to bash. I'm not reffering to just this thread but to some in the past also and I thank everyone who comes to Ian's defense in these situations but it gets old when you make simple mistakes or there are misunderstandings and have to waste our time trying to clear things up in a public forum. So I'm simply saying to those who don't know how to deal with situations in a private post without implying a threat don't buy from Ian or myself for that matter we have no problem selling Padrons. Jabba I was only letting you know how your buddy got cheaper shipping. I hate typing so I'm done with this have a nice day.

BTW: I'm not speaking for Ian as he wished I would not have said anything because this is his deal but as I said I just got a little pissed.
[snapback]283427[/snapback]​

I am tired of waiting on my new user name so I will use Ian's one last time as he is not here to clear the air or read this thread. I made the above post after the original post hoping it was a retraction of the original but I should have been more clear. Some of you think this was about the shipping issue with Jabba it had nothing to do with what I said. If you read the above post I said this was not the only thread I was talking about but some of you just want to run with the first post and start bashing. I will apologize to Ian on my own terms I do however apologize for the first post as it was arrogant and ignorant. Rod I am sorry about the comments to quit selling here which were out of line you provide a great service for free and my comments were comically stupid. I was posting while pissed which someone pointed out was a bad idea your point was made. I own Tobacco Leaf and Ian works in the store and also runs the SITE. I stepped on Ian's toes by posting what I did and some of you think I can keep him from getting on the computer Ian wouldn't stand for that he simply hasn't read any of this because he didn't want me to post it and he hasn't been here. I apologize to all the pass members who found my comments out of line but I stand by what I said about handling matters in private without a threat. To these people please don't buy from Billboard. Cat brought up the fact he talked to someone who has met me face to face and said I was a rude obnoxiuos POS. What this person failed to tell Cat is that he went into my humidor digging through boxes that are clearly not on display these boxes contain cigars that are allocated to Ian for the online specials. What happens when people do this is we end up selling cigars on the internet we don't have because somebody was taking cigars they know are off limits. He should have asked for help instead of being a sheepish liar and I wouldn't have been such an asshole he had been in the store before and knew what those cigars were. I do regret my fisrt post as it branded me an ass but I can live with that but I am asking you not to punish Ian for my stupidity. I do make money from you people and appreciate it but just hate to spend time defending myself or Ian when we strive to get the orders out the same day and address all the simple problems without delaying any shippments this eats into constuctive time. Some of you will read between the lines and make comments about spelling or whatever so have fun. This is my final post as I have caused enough problems for Ian and myself so you will only have to deal with Ian for now on. Again I am man enough to relize my post was pretty stupid and arrogant so that said I apologize to everyone offended or affected. If this doesn't answer all of your questions send a email or call 877-837-7988 I'll do my best to clarify.

I'm ok with that. Without attempting to pick apart all the grammer and find fault, I think that apology served it's purpose.

Thanks.

tobaccoleaf1 said:
tobaccoleaf1 said:
Ian recieved a private message which is the proper method to deal with situations but this person in a round about way threatned to come out and post things if Ian didn't come and post he had made a mistake. I got rather peaved because we do our best to service everyone on here with fair and prompt servivce and was just stating that some of you just can't wait to bash. I'm not reffering to just this thread but to some in the past also and I thank everyone who comes to Ian's defense in these situations but it gets old when you make simple mistakes or there are misunderstandings and have to waste our time trying to clear things up in a public forum. So I'm simply saying to those who don't know how to deal with situations in a private post without implying a threat don't buy from Ian or myself for that matter we have no problem selling Padrons. Jabba I was only letting you know how your buddy got cheaper shipping. I hate typing so I'm done with this have a nice day.

BTW: I'm not speaking for Ian as he wished I would not have said anything because this is his deal but as I said I just got a little pissed.

I am tired of waiting on my new user name so I will use Ian's one last time as he is not here to clear the air or read this thread. I made the above post after the original post hoping it was a retraction of the original but I should have been more clear. Some of you think this was about the shipping issue with Jabba it had nothing to do with what I said. If you read the above post I said this was not the only thread I was talking about but some of you just want to run with the first post and start bashing. I will apologize to Ian on my own terms I do however apologize for the first post as it was arrogant and ignorant. Rod I am sorry about the comments to quit selling here which were out of line you provide a great service for free and my comments were comically stupid. I was posting while pissed which someone pointed out was a bad idea your point was made. I own Tobacco Leaf and Ian works in the store and also runs the SITE. I stepped on Ian's toes by posting what I did and some of you think I can keep him from getting on the computer Ian wouldn't stand for that he simply hasn't read any of this because he didn't want me to post it and he hasn't been here. I apologize to all the pass members who found my comments out of line but I stand by what I said about handling matters in private without a threat. To these people please don't buy from Billboard. Cat brought up the fact he talked to someone who has met me face to face and said I was a rude obnoxiuos POS. What this person failed to tell Cat is that he went into my humidor digging through boxes that are clearly not on display these boxes contain cigars that are allocated to Ian for the online specials. What happens when people do this is we end up selling cigars on the internet we don't have because somebody was taking cigars they know are off limits. He should have asked for help instead of being a sheepish liar and I wouldn't have been such an asshole he had been in the store before and knew what those cigars were. I do regret my fisrt post as it branded me an ass but I can live with that but I am asking you not to punish Ian for my stupidity. I do make money from you people and appreciate it but just hate to spend time defending myself or Ian when we strive to get the orders out the same day and address all the simple problems without delaying any shippments this eats into constuctive time. Some of you will read between the lines and make comments about spelling or whatever so have fun. This is my final post as I have caused enough problems for Ian and myself so you will only have to deal with Ian for now on. Again I am man enough to relize my post was pretty stupid and arrogant so that said I apologize to everyone offended or affected. If this doesn't answer all of your questions send a email or call 877-837-7988 I'll do my best to clarify.
[snapback]283948[/snapback]​

Bob...

I am the guy you're referring to when you say I made a threat. I sure did use strong language in asking you to let everyone else know that you don't have all the Padrons 'in stock.' But I did it privately just between Ian, yourself and me. You choose to take it public instead of just exchanging emails/PMs with me.

I have heard nothing but good comments about Ian. And I want to let everyone know that Ian apologized to me and I accepted his apology. As far as I was concerned that ended the situation.

And you're right Bob, I will shop elsewhere. There's no need for me to buy from you when my very first buying experience is met with such an extreme amount of bullshit. In fact I just ordered a box of Padron 1926 #35s from a source a FOG was happy to pass along to me... and you know... even though I was a first time buyer from this source, they treated me like gold. :D

I really didn't see why it would have been such a stretch for you to just simply add a post to your original sale offer letting us know that the one cigar you didn't have in stock was the very one I was looking for... Padron '26 #6 Maduro. It really would have saved a lot of hastle.

Lastly... the hold from Tobacco Leaf for the charges still appears on my bank statement.

Good luck to you, Bob.

seadub

Bob,

Thanks I for one appreciate you coming back online and stepping up.

Please have Ian keep posting those specials and reaching out to our community. Like I said in my original post I have ordered from him in the past and the service was excellent and I will look forward to ordering again ;)

BenjieV :D

seadub said:
tobaccoleaf1 said:
tobaccoleaf1 said:

[snapback]283948[/snapback]​

Bob...

I am the guy you're referring to when you say I made a threat. I sure did use strong language in asking you to let everyone else know that you don't have all the Padrons 'in stock.' But I did it privately just between Ian, yourself and me. You choose to take it public instead of just exchanging emails/PMs with me.

I have heard nothing but good comments about Ian. And I want to let everyone know that Ian apologized to me and I accepted his apology. As far as I was concerned that ended the situation.

And you're right Bob, I will shop elsewhere. There's no need for me to buy from you when my very first buying experience is met with such an extreme amount of bullshit. In fact I just ordered a box of Padron 1926 #35s from a source a FOG was happy to pass along to me... and you know... even though I was a first time buyer from this source, they treated me like gold. :D

I really didn't see why it would have been such a stretch for you to just simply add a post to your original sale offer letting us know that the one cigar you didn't have in stock was the very one I was looking for... Padron '26 #6 Maduro. It really would have saved a lot of hastle.

Lastly... the hold from Tobacco Leaf for the charges still appears on my bank statement.

Good luck to you, Bob.

seadub
[snapback]283956[/snapback]​

and the box of Padron '26 #35s was on $215!

seadub said:
In fact I just ordered a box of Padron 1926 #35s from a source a FOG was happy to pass along to me... and you know... even though I

I'm sworn to secrecy on this source (respected request of the FOG)... my lips are sealed, but I'll be happy to post pics when the smokes arrive.

Seadub are you just trying to fan the flames? Yes, you did use strong language in your PM that I think was not necessary. Then you come back with these posts to continue the fallout. I am glad you got your cigars but there was no reason to keep being antagonistic.

-D

edited for grammar.

ddepaola said:
Seadub are you just trying to fan the flames? Yes, you did use strong language in your PM that I think was not necessary. Then you come back with these posts to continue the fallout. I am glad you got your cigars but there was no reason to keep being antagonistic.

-D

edited for grammar.
[snapback]283965[/snapback]​

You know what... maybe you need to reread my post. Especially as it relates to Ian. I don't have any hard feelings at this point towards Ian. The matter with Bob is different. He called me out and made an even more harsh threat to all of CP for something I said privately. We could have simply settled it out privately. I made an apology to the entire CP board for having to hear this. I am sorry it ever happened. It could have been prevented and averted very easily.

In the end I have certainly learned a lesson and have come out sooooo much farther ahead because of it. I have met a couple guys on this board I probably wouldn't have met except for this string of bullshit.

As far as I'm concerned it is over. I am happy about a FOG helping me out and giving some direction. I thought that's what this board was supposed to be about anyway. So what flames am I fanning? And why are you putting your 2c's in? Isn't it time for this to just drop?

seadub said:
ddepaola said:
Seadub are you just trying to fan the flames?  Yes, you did use strong language in your PM that I think was not necessary.  Then you come back with these posts to continue the fallout.  I am glad you got your cigars but there was no reason to keep being antagonistic.

-D

edited for grammar.
[snapback]283965[/snapback]​

You know what... maybe you need to reread my post. Especially as it relates to Ian. I don't have any hard feelings at this point towards Ian. The matter with Bob is different. He called me out and made an even more harsh threat to all of CP for something I said privately. We could have simply settled it out privately. I made an apology to the entire CP board for having to hear this. I am sorry it ever happened. It could have been prevented and averted very easily.

In the end I have certainly learned a lesson and have come out sooooo much farther ahead because of it. I have met a couple guys on this board I probably wouldn't have met except for this string of bullshit.

As far as I'm concerned it is over. I am happy about a FOG helping me out and giving some direction. I thought that's what this board was supposed to be about anyway. So what flames am I fanning? And why are you putting your 2c's in? Isn't it time for this to just drop?
[snapback]283970[/snapback]​

Seadub, the fact that you added insult to injury by posting the fact that you ordered your cigars somewhere else, and indicated the price, is being antagonistic. At that point you were just rubbing it in. That's what ddepola was refering to, I think, and I don't think he needs to reread your post. There's a lesson that new folks really need to take to heart, "Read more, post less."

Thanks for manning up Bob. That goes a long way in my book.

well, bob, ( if that's bob :0 :laugh: ) atleast you stepped up and said something. ;)

Yeah good job on owning up to being an arrogant ass your fist post. Least you admit it. Just remember for the future that Ian has create his good reputation because of the way he handles problems, so he obviously doesn't need you coming on to defend him, he has plenty of BOTL's who are more than willing to do that if need be. I just suggest you leave the online stuff to Ian and stick with the B&M as Ian has a much better understanding about how things are done online.

Thanks again for manning up.

KayakinBoy said:
well, bob, ( if that's bob  :0  :laugh: ) atleast you stepped up and said something. ;)
[snapback]284006[/snapback]​

Yeah well his version of the account of the guy who visited his store is vastly different from the "other side" of the story that I heard. Hell, we may not even be talking about the same person but the bottom line is that ole Bob has a whole helluva a lot to learn about cultivating customers and just plain not being an asshole to people.

As far as seadub "fanning the flames" I don't agree with that assessment. Bob has a well deserved beat down coming and if ya ask me, he's getting off way too easy.........

What cracks me up is if you guys who love Padrons did just a little searching, you'd find far better deals than tobaccoleaf1 has ever offered on Padrons. I still think they are complete scumbags for gouging on the high end Fuente stuff AND when they're called on it, they sit there and try to rationalize screwing people! :0

To those of you who continue to defend tobaccoleaf1 you guys leave me completely baffled but hey, that's YOUR choice to buy from these guys. I'd ask that you please tone down the bravado and stop jumping ugly on guys with low post counts who dare question tobaccoleaf1.

What I find slightly offensive is the way some of you keep putting these jokers up on some pedestal like they're some highly regarded BOTLs or a vendor who offers the best deals out there. :rolleyes:

Neither of those are conclusions are anywhere near reality......

I like how CC can lay a beatdown and still maintain a smile! The cat in the picture is so cute too! :blush:

coventrycat86 said:
What I find slightly offensive is the way some of you keep putting these jokers up on some pedestal like they're some highly regarded BOTLs or a vendor who offers the best deals out there. :rolleyes:

[snapback]284049[/snapback]​

I just want to add that I have used Ian and his store in the past, in the way I think CC is referring to, and that won't be happening anymore. It's not that I don't think Ian/Bob have made their attempt to make this right, but that rep is now tarnished whereas I don't feel like using them as a role model to asshat vendors.

Gonz said:
coventrycat86 said:

[snapback]284049[/snapback]​

I just want to add that I have used Ian and his store in the past, in the way I think CC is referring to, and that won't be happening anymore. It's not that I don't think Ian/Bob have made their attempt to make this right, but that rep is now tarnished whereas I don't feel like using them as a role model to asshat vendors.
[snapback]284071[/snapback]​
I too have bought cigars from them in the past as well but now that I know better, I highly doubt I'll ever do business with them in the future.

Bob's doublespeak leaves me with far too many concerns....

"I supply Ian/Billboard tobacco with cigar...... "we" do this and "our" policy... :rolleyes:

"What this person failed to tell Cat is that he went into my humidor digging through boxes that are clearly not on display these boxes contain cigars that are allocated to Ian for the online specials." Oh WTF kinda crap is this? :laugh: Hey bob, ya forgot to mention how you verbally abused this guy months later AND dammit, if ya got boxes of cigars in a walk-in humi I would sure as hell think they're "fair game" for me as a customer. My guy keeps his cigars for on-line purchases COMPLETELY AWAY from the walk in customers.

Nice try but ya failed miserably..... :laugh: Damn I hate more lies and lame excuses......

43.gif

I've actually learned, and heard it talked about around here, where stores put their more desirable smokes out of the way, or tucked somewhat hidden in their walk in humis. With the idea that the regulars or "people in the know" can find and purchase said cigars, and the customers that only will show up when the opus x or whatever shipment comes in won't realize they are there. I'm not sure what I think of that, but like CC said, if I find a box of a desirable cigar that I'm looking for tucked away on a top shelf, or wherever in the walk-in humidor you'd better believe that I'm going to go at it!

Gonz said:
...but like CC said, if I find a box of a desirable cigar that I'm looking for tucked away on a top shelf, or wherever in the walk-in humidor you'd better believe that I'm going to go at it!
[snapback]284093[/snapback]​

...and I'm going to be pissed if the store owner comes in and gives me crap about raiding his humidor and taking all the good sticks!!!

So why does Bob stir up crap when someone comes in and looks for the desireable smokes? What would you expect the customer to do - especially if he knew anything about cigars? If I first walked in your shop, I'd be looking for the Opus', Anejo's, King B's, etc. And if I was given a face full of crap for it, I would not be happy with them either...

As a matter of fact - a new cigar shop recently openend in my area. I went in and started looking around at their stock. The store owner approached me and asked what I was interested in. I told him - Opus', Anejo's, etc. We both had a good laugh, knowing I was asking for the Holy Grail. He did tell me he gets them at his main shop from time to time, but was probably not going to stock them at the satellite shop he had set up.

In further conversation, the shop owner enjoyed the fact that I knew my way around cigars. He realized I had a taste for certain types, and sold me some La Gloria Series R Limitada's. And he discounted them for me! Further, he gave me a card for his main store, along with his cell phone number. He told me to let the clerks know I knew the owner and they would take an additional 15% off of any purchase I made. He also suggested it may be worth my while to check out his main store.

Bob - your way is not a great way to make or retain customers... The cigar shop owner I mentioned has made a new customer out of me...

Cat I guess you need me to be more clear. I own Tobacco Leaf. Ian and I both
own Billboardtobacco. The reason I say Tobacco Leaf supplies Billboard is
that is how the business works. I’m sure there are other vendors out there advertisingPadrons lower than us. I hope they do they’re best to keep a low profile as it’s against Padrons Policy to sell below their msrp this also applies to Fuente. Don’t take my word for this ask Padron send them an e-mail. Both these companies will also tell the naïve cigar public they frown on gouging(which is in they’re best interest) but are giddy behind scenes about what some of they’re cigars sell for the reps will start drinking at the conventions and the next thing you know the cigar price fish
stories begin. You may want to try and call us sometimes you might find the price your looking for.
We were getting most of our Padrons from my father and uncle’s wholesale business ( Independent Wholesale please check them out at goiwi.com ) but recently received my own Padron account
which took about three years. This is why some of you may have noticed our selection grew overnight
as my father limited what he sold us because him and my uncle also own 16 tobacco outlets (named Low Ball Louie’s which are located mostly in the Lakeland area of central Florida) he needs to keep stocked with Padrons. This all means I risk my father’s account as well as my own if I advertise Padron prices
to low. I apologized for my remarks which I don’t think means as much as me just admitting they were stupid. C’mon I read the comments they hit me right in the forehead. Threatening to not sell in a
free environment that we’ve been successful in is just plain ignorant and I am guilty it’s not my first.
So this is who we are, we’re not trying to cat and mouse anyone. In our very first attempt to sell Anejos
on Cigar Pass we tried to gouge (So shoot me for trying to be a greedy bastard like I said it wasn’t my first.) but quickly found out that’s not how things work here and have since respected the overall opinion
on gouging. It does happen at Tobacco Leaf though but not by my doing. Locals will come in that
do respect the house rule of asking permission to look through the non displayed stash (which is
packed inside a box so you can’t see the cigars or they’re boxes) (Someone thought this rule didn’t apply to them because they were a Cigar Pass member. The reason for the rule is so we don‘t sell something on the site and then end up not having it. The humidor is 10 x 10 it’s not like there is a lot of space to hide stuff. ) . Sometimes when this happens and they want something that has been allocated to the internet they will offer a premium which I gladly share with Ian because I don’t want take away from what he can make by selling them on Billboard. Cat this about the best I can do but doubt it will satisfy.

Status
Not open for further replies.