• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron, Padron Anniversary, Padron 1926

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrjinglesusa said:
For the record, who can find a box of Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduros for $244.99?  Anyone?  Didn't think so.

I can and do from an online vendor. Of course, I do a lot of business with him. Ian's prices are very good, but not the best. I know this isn't the point of the thread. So I'll move on. I don't know about 'Bob' but Ian has offered a lot of specials. IMO, accusing Ian of outright trickery isn't cool either:

jabba said:
Ian,

Don't take this the wrong way but I believe you are pulling the wool over people by underpricing some of your stuff and then charging crazy shipping rates. If you change this policy you will definitely get my business.

Now, if it turns out Ian has multiple personalities and Bob is one of them, I take it back.

ggiese said:
mrjinglesusa said:
Lastly, I have dealt with Ian and Billboard Tobacco on several occasions. Myself, and countless others, have never had any issues with Ian's prices, shipping, etc. I have also seen a lot of specials that people jumped on and subsequently posted in the thread how happy they were with their cigars and the price they got them at. Ian has, on a regular basis, offered up fantastic deals (including this one) on good cigars at prices often below MSRP and often with free shipping.

Despite his reputation and track record, it seems people are all too eager to jump on him and potentially put his business at risk.

For the record, who can find a box of Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduros for $244.99? Anyone? Didn't think so.

With all the retailers who have posted here trying to gouge members of CP, Ian has always (at least in my eyes) been regarded as one of the good guys. It's sad that people are so willing to forget that.
[snapback]283669[/snapback]​

I think it's abundently clear that Ian is a good guy. Bob, on the other hand...

Bob has threatened everyone here that he is going to take his ball and go home. Given he is Ian's supplier, I'd say Ian's not going to be offering up special's in the future... Ian is able to post his specials on here - FREE OF CHARGE - and he has OBVIOUSLY generated some business because of it. From the sounds of Bob's post, that may have very well ended...

Now - is that Ian's fault? Or is it some CP member's fault who don't take to some idiot coming on here puffing his chest and acting like a fool - threatening to put an end to cigar sales? Or is it BOB's fault...

I gotta say - I'm not selling out for some low priced Padron's. Sorry, I like 'em, but I'd rather spend a few more bucks than deal with an assclown like Bob.

Bob - you wanna be an ass in Ian's name - more power to ya... I don't know what your internet business is like, but you have certainly seriously jeopardized the good will Ian has generated at this site. And it was all FREE to you - Rod wasn't charging you for posting your special's.

Jim - you like Billboard Tobacco? Call up Bob and have a conversation with him. I think you'll have a slightly different view of their operation... ;)
[snapback]283679[/snapback]​

Well said.

The bottomline is... if Padron's were flying off Bob's shelf at MSRP or greater I don't think he would be discounting just to be a nice guy. I was always told the customer is king and should be respected and thanked; not the opposite. Personally, I have no problems paying a few dollars more to someone that truly appreciates my business and doesn't threaten to cut off my friends.

cigardawg said:
I have a concern about the direction this thread has gone. :(

By most everything I have read, members of CP consider Ian a standup guy. Good products, good service, good prices. I have not ordered from him, so I cannot speak to this from a personal basis. It just seems that he is well respected and generally liked. I did talk to Jim (mrjinglesusa) and he has ordered from Ian several times. Nothing but good things to say.

Now, Bob, on the otherhand, comes in here for a total of 2 posts and pisses everyone off. He was out of line with what he said, how he said it, and should not have used Ian's login.

All that said, this current dialogue could serve to do a couple of things. One, it could cost CP the deals that Ian puts up. Can you find some of the cigars cheaper? Maybe, but they are still really good deals. Two, if Bob gets pissed off enough, it could cost Ian his business. I don't really care about Bob, but I think Ian deserves our respect and consideration here. This continuing dialogue has the potential to cause real problems for Ian...I just don't want to see that happen. I think there are a lot of CP members that would agree with me there.

Just my 0.02. I don't think we should kiss Bob's a$$, but I also don't think we should sabotage some of CP's internet deals and one of CP's best online retailers.
[snapback]283633[/snapback]​

Well said, brother. I have dealt with Ian on several occasions and he does do a competent job at the very least. This is a complex situation and merits teasing out the Ian and the Rob factors. I would hate for Ian to catch any flak for this brouhaha but that seems almost an ineveitability now.

Wilkey

slowhand said:
mrjinglesusa said:
For the record, who can find a box of Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduros for $244.99? Anyone? Didn't think so.

I can and do from an online vendor. Of course, I do a lot of business with him. Ian's prices are very good, but not the best. I know this isn't the point of the thread. So I'll move on. I don't know about 'Bob' but Ian has offered a lot of specials. IMO, accusing Ian of outright trickery isn't cool either:

jabba said:
Ian,

Don't take this the wrong way but I believe you are pulling the wool over people by underpricing some of your stuff and then charging crazy shipping rates. If you change this policy you will definitely get my business.

Now, if it turns out Ian has multiple personalities and Bob is one of them, I take it back.
[snapback]283682[/snapback]​

Slowhand,

Refer to post #23. Ian admitted there was an issue with shipping weights on the fivers and I thanked him. What is ment by your quote?

cigarsarge said:
Bob has nothing to gain by pissing us off. He has nothing to gain by cutting off Ian.

Sounds like he wants to cut off his nose to spite his face. He seems to be a poor businessman.
[snapback]283672[/snapback]​

He seems like a poor man.

ggiese said:
Jim - you like Billboard Tobacco? Call up Bob and have a conversation with him. I think you'll have a slightly different view of their operation... ;)

See, that's the point. I don't have to. I have dealt with Ian and Ian only. I don't care about Bob or what he says because it is Ian who has offered things here on CP, shipped them, and contributed to CP. Because of Bob, Ian's reputation here has apparently been tarnished. If anything, Bob owes Ian an apology.

And, it's not a matter of "selling out" for Padrons. It's a matter of not completely lynching a member/retailer of this board because of a post Bob made using his account. Like I said, people are far too eager to completely disregard someone's reputation and history because of one thread/post.

In my opinion, it would be a shame if Bob stops providing Ian with cigars for his online business and hence Ian can no longer provide the service he has to CP because of this thread. If that occurs, in effect CP has contributed to the "demise" of an good retailer (Ian) on this board. That would be a shame as honest, fair, and contributing retailers seem to be in the minority.

jabba said:
slowhand said:
mrjinglesusa said:
For the record, who can find a box of Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduros for $244.99?  Anyone?  Didn't think so.

jabba said:
Ian,

Slowhand,

Refer to post #23. Ian admitted there was an issue with shipping weights on the fivers and I thanked him. What is ment by your quote?
[snapback]283689[/snapback]​

What I 'meant' was that you accused him of doing it intentionally. You didn't merely just point out an error. You claimed he was 'pulling the wool' over people. Ian has/had a good rep and didn't deserve your unfounded accusation.

slowhand said:
jabba said:
slowhand said:
mrjinglesusa said:

jabba said:
Ian,

Slowhand,

What I 'meant' was that you accused him of doing it intentionally. You didn't merely just point out an error. You claimed he was 'pulling the wool' over people. Ian has/had a good rep and didn't deserve your unfounded accusation.
[snapback]283695[/snapback]​

refer to post #23... shipping is no longer the issue... you should read up on the thread IMO.

mrjinglesusa said:
ggiese said:

See, that's the point. I don't have to. I have dealt with Ian and Ian only. I don't care about Bob or what he says because it is Ian who has offered things here on CP, shipped them, and contributed to CP. Because of Bob, Ian's reputation here has apparently been tarnished. If anything, Bob owes Ian an apology.

And, it's not a matter of "selling out" for Padrons. It's a matter of not completely lynching a member/retailer of this board because of a post Bob made using his account. Like I said, people are far too eager to completely disregard someone's reputation and history because of one thread/post.

In my opinion, it would be a shame if Bob stops providing Ian with cigars for his online business and hence Ian can no longer provide the service he has to CP because of this thread. If that occurs, in effect CP has contributed to the "demise" of an good retailer (Ian) on this board. That would be a shame as honest, fair, and contributing retailers seem to be in the minority.
[snapback]283693[/snapback]​

No, Jim - if BOB decides to stop providing cigars to Ian because of BOB's perceptions of a comment in this thread, BOB is cutting his nose off to spite BOB's face. I might add - a comment that was quickly cleared up by Ian, but BOB had to jump in with his nastiness... And BOB just kept shoving those size 9's of his deep into in his mouth. It's a shame BOB is such an ass and is punishing Ian through this...

So I would say it is not the members of CP that are causing this debacle, it is BOB. Peripherally, Ian is suffering the consequences of dealing with an assclown like BOB.

That's MY take on it... ;)

mrjinglesusa said:
ggiese said:

[snapback]283693[/snapback]​

Bob admitted to being is a bad frame of mind when he placed his original post... all he had to do was apologise. Reputation doesn't mean you can do wrong and then not apologise.

jabba said:
slowhand said:
jabba said:
slowhand said:
mrjinglesusa said:

jabba said:
Ian,

Slowhand,

refer to post #23... shipping is no longer the issue... you should read up on the thread IMO.
[snapback]283697[/snapback]​

I read the thread and realize shipping isn't the issue. I have an issue with you for jumping the gun and falsely accusing Ian of knowingly ripping people off with shipping.

slowhand said:
jabba said:
slowhand said:
jabba said:
slowhand said:
mrjinglesusa said:

jabba said:
Ian,

Slowhand,

I read the thread and realize shipping isn't the issue. I have an issue with you for jumping the gun and falsely accusing Ian of knowingly ripping people off with shipping.
[snapback]283706[/snapback]​

Refer to post #26

If my first post was seen as bashing I apologise; this was not my intention, but threatening pulling product from others on the forum is wrong.

Learn how to read!

If you want to come after me, please do so in a seperate thread.

jabba said:
slowhand said:
jabba said:
slowhand said:
jabba said:
slowhand said:
mrjinglesusa said:

jabba said:
Ian,

Slowhand,

[snapback]283706[/snapback]​

Refer to post #26

If my first post was seen as bashing I apologise; this was not my intention, but threatening pulling product from others on the forum is wrong.

Learn how to read!

If you want to come after me, please do so in a seperate thread.
[snapback]283708[/snapback]​

I missed your apology. You did the right thing. I apologize for missing it.

mrjinglesusa said:
[snapback]283669[/snapback]​
I can and so can many other people. My place has them for $229.50.

You can drop your condscending tone anytime now jingles :rolleyes:

EDIT: $229.50 was $207.00. $207.00 is the price for naturals.

SeanGAR said:
coventrycat86 said:
After this last display of stupidity and ignorance by tobaccoleaf1 let's face it, who can defend this retailer now?

Lessee .....

1. Come here for no other reason than to piss people off

2. The old .... "my cat has my password and made that post" trick .....

Uh .... nope.

edit: proper use of Engrish
[snapback]283606[/snapback]​
Ya lost me Sean. Can you explain what you mean here?

slowhand said:
mrjinglesusa said:

I can and do from an online vendor. Of course, I do a lot of business with him. Ian's prices are very good, but not the best.

You are right - my bad. Someone put me onto a place that has them for pretty close to that price so they are out there - I'd never seen them less than $255 before. I do think there are only a few places that sell them less than MSRP and have them in stock though. I apologize if my statement "offended" anyone.

mrjinglesusa said:
slowhand said:
mrjinglesusa said:

I can and do from an online vendor. Of course, I do a lot of business with him. Ian's prices are very good, but not the best.

You are right - my bad. Someone put me onto a place that has them for pretty close to that price so they are out there - I'd never seen them less than $255 before. I do think there are only a few places that sell them less than MSRP and have them in stock though. I apologize if my statement "offended" anyone.
[snapback]283735[/snapback]​
LMAO!! $229.50 jingles. If you weren't such a dick to me and didn't have me on ignore, I'd be more than happy to tell you where you can get them for $229.50 :laugh:

Oh well......

EDIT: $229.50 was $207.00. The $207.00 price is for naturals.

Bob,

This is Rod, owner of CigarPass.com. From what I see, a couple members questioned shipping charges. Is that really a big deal? I've gotten screwed left and right in the past on ebay as well as from general cigar sites. They post low prices on their products but charge triple of what shipping should be. I'm not saying Ian is doing this, but you need to relax and learn how forums operate. If you can't respectfully respond to an inquiry, than that's poor customer service. Flying off the handle sure isn't the way to build relationships. Hell, I was just questioned today about shipping to Canada on one of my products. I explained why the certain cost, and the customer understood. Really quite simple.

If you want to take Tobaccoleaf's promo's elsewhere, go for it. Threats don't sit well with me. We have some very reputable paying sponsors at CP. Your company has not even once inquired about becoming a sponsor. Nothing wrong with that, but don't come here with an attitude and act like you have a RIGHT to post, because you really don't.

If you want to ensure your account remains entact, than I advise you deal with my members in a respectable tone; not with threats.

Rod

Rod said:
Bob,

This is Rod, owner of CigarPass.com. From what I see, a couple members questioned shipping charges. Is that really a big deal? I've gotten screwed left and right in the past on ebay as well as from general cigar sites. They post low prices on their products but charge triple of what shipping should be. I'm not saying Ian is doing this, but you need to relax and learn how forums operate. If you can't respectfully respond to an inquiry, than that's poor customer service. Flying off the handle sure isn't the way to build relationships. Hell, I was just questioned today about shipping to Canada on one of my products. I explained why the certain cost, and the customer understood. Really quite simple.

If you want to take Tobaccoleaf's promo's elsewhere, go for it. Threats don't sit well with me. We have some very reputable paying sponsors at CP. Your company has not even once inquired about becoming a sponsor. Nothing wrong with that, but don't come here with an attitude and act like you have a RIGHT to post, because you really don't.

If you want to ensure your account remains entact, than I advise you deal with my members in a respectable tone; not with threats.

Rod
[snapback]283737[/snapback]​

Hell yes!

coventrycat86 said:
SeanGAR said:
coventrycat86 said:
After this last display of stupidity and ignorance by tobaccoleaf1 let's face it, who can defend this retailer now?

Lessee .....

1. Come here for no other reason than to piss people off

2. The old .... "my cat has my password and made that post" trick .....

Uh .... nope.

edit: proper use of Engrish
[snapback]283606[/snapback]​
Ya lost me Sean. Can you explain what you mean here?
[snapback]283729[/snapback]​

CC, you asked "who can defend this retailer now?"

SeanGAR was basically saying "nope", he could not -- for the two reasons he stated above.

At least, that's how I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.