• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

PARTIGAS serie D 2005 reserva

I was in Havana in 00. I spent time at Partagas with Abel and saw how things are done. I even had cigars made for me. Any other questions you want answered?

I also have many friends who go there on a regular basis and they all have cigars made for them. They bring me back all kinds of goodies.

Doug, give up... none of these guys are going to buy cigars from you and when it comes down to it, that's what this is all about.

Why should this thread die? This guy is obviously lying to people about where he gets his cigars. There is no back door from the factories. You can have cigars made through the front door. You can put any band you want on these cigars.

If you go to one of the rollers at some of the La Casa's they will also roll what ever you want and put any band on those cigars.

Most of these cigars that are shall we say comissioned are good smokes. But saying they are Partagas Reservas is total BS. The cost on these cigars range from 4-10 dollars.For ten you can get A sized cigars rolled.

I have Cohiba A's, Lonsdale sized Partagas Culebras, Opus perfectos, Trinidad churchills, Bolivar Especial 2's. If I was going to sell any of these cigars, I would sell them as custom rolled, not what the band says.

This issue has been discussed into the the ground. The thread should stay here and if people want to comment on it, fine. As far as I know, Doug (vitasea) is not pushing any of this on anyone. He's not screwed anyone because he sends out samples beforehand. He is, IMO, mis-respresenting some, if not all of what he is handing out (this is from my own experience and from that of others). There should be fair-warning to all those who want to participate in an exchange of things with him, but re-hashing it over and over again is getting old. He and I have talked and a friend of mine has even been to his house and has seen his somewhat extensive collection of cigars. He believes what he believes and I don't think anyone can change his mind.

Matt,sorry if I got this thing going again but I think people needed to hear about how things work in Cuba in regards to custom rolled cigars. Some of these cigars are quite good and buying them for the right price is something I would recommend to any Cuban cigar lover.

The Master said:
Matt,sorry if I got this thing going again but I think people needed to hear about how things work in Cuba in regards to custom rolled cigars. Some of these cigars are quite good and buying them for the right price is something I would recommend to any Cuban cigar lover.
[snapback]223013[/snapback]​

Now there's a good idea ..... custom rolled Cuban cigars at the right price. Now that is something I would be interested in hearing more about.

:cool:

How did Vitasea know this thread was topped? Is he lurking now? lol

No problem Harris, I am not calling for the thread to go away or any "new" info to not be posted. I agree that if there's something new it should be put out there. It's just that no one is going to change this guy's view, trust me, we've tried. LMAO!

vitasea said:
26195200_c0acad1a2f.jpg

these are pictures of the current Partigas i have in my cellar
from right to left
part series d reserva black band 2000
part series d #4
part series p edition limitad (not released yet)
part series p
part series d #1 le 2004
part lusitania as you can see a special label

the bands measue 17-18 mm two of these were bought in a gov store in havana
so i know without a doubt that these are the current bands.
what more can i say................:)
[snapback]201976[/snapback]​

I just read all 13 pages of this thread and the smokes in this picture are some of the strangest looking smokes I've ever seen.

Looking forward to that P2 LE! LOL!

KayakinBoy said:
How did Vitasea know this thread was topped? Is he lurking now? lol
[snapback]223021[/snapback]​
no i am not lurking, just when i make a commit 14 people jump up and down on my head............. :( ;)

vitasea said:
KayakinBoy said:
How did Vitasea know this thread was topped?  Is he lurking now? lol
[snapback]223021[/snapback]​
no i am not lurking, just when i make a commit 14 people jump up and down on my head............. :( ;)
[snapback]223057[/snapback]​

I'd be afraid to commit!

Jim

vitasea said:
fetterjohn said:
OK...they're FAKE.   The band doesn't even come close to the real thing.  After my last post I put the "Vitasea Cuban" next to a real PSD#4 and the band is very different.  Not the same width or type font and the letter color is too glimmery and punched in too hard.  The length is also too long.  The ring gauge is ok though.  But...IT'S FAKE!!!  I don't even need to smoke it tell you that!  Vitasea...you suck.  Don't ever post on this forum again!!! :angry:

-Fetter ;)

Also...they don't smell cuban.  A good sniff at the foot could tell you that right away.  But I gotta tell you...the construction looks flawless.
[snapback]201632[/snapback]​
your smoking something and it an't tabacco
please just throw it away ok, and crush up the leather case so it was never in your position , or better yet give it to someone who has an open mind.
[snapback]201641[/snapback]​

This all sounds so hauntingly familiar... oh yeah... ... and also this.

Kenny has his say here

I have no reason to believe that vitasea does not genuinely believe the cigars he has are the real deal. He believed (and argued as vehemently) that the Cohibas he sent me and others were real. They were not.

Why is he persisting? You tell me. He did include a multi-page list of cigars and prices in the (unsolicited) cigars he sent me recently. Seems to me he's still trying to drum up business, and these free samples, like the ones he sent out months ago, are the bait to get things going.

Vitasea, you were wrong regarding the Cohibas. You really need to consider that you are wrong here as well. I'm sure you're a very nice guy, but I'm never going to buy cigars from you; I have my own sources. Please stop trying to sell me on your cigars.

Everyone else: buy your cigars only from trusted sources. Caveat emptor.

I've always wanted to quote myself... :)