• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

pass

Lumberg said:
Well if it doesnt' cut it PhatAsh is just going to have to send the BTL back because a PAM 1926 is the "best" cigar I have. *I did see a BTL traded for a UTSM*, of which I have several, but I think a 1926 is better.
See why the need to step up and talk to passers? Monkey see monkey do.

When someone sees it, then some people feel it's ok! The UTSM doest match up either!
By the way... I hope everyone besides Blair has a stake in this pass ;)
Tell them Lummy ... **** stirrers! :p

DaveWF said:
Wait a second... a PAM 1926 for a BTL??  :lookup:

In that case, I have a 1926 aging nicely in the humidor - someone care to trade a BTL for it?  :p

Dave
ABSOLUTELY. :D I'd take the PAM 1926 for a BTL -- PM me, let's work out a trade (I'm serious)

Anyway, this pass is none of my business since I'm not in it, so feel free to tell me to get lost (or worse :) ) -- but the ultimate judge should probably be the guy who started the pass. If he's cool with whatever trades are made, let it go. If he isn't, then clearly it needs to be rectified.

Also if the intention is to get a BTL to blair, send him one directly, or put it in a host bag or something? What people think cigars are worth is very subjective; I personally would be delighted to take two Opus's of any kind for 1 BTL... different strokes.

I do understand the quantity vs. quality argument, though, and it's a good one -- what does blair think about all of this?

In my pass, I had people putting sticks in return for two PMMs that resulted in a much larger disparity than we're seeing here... but I was fine with it, so on it went. No ****storm resulted...

Aw hell, I don't know. I'm new to all of this, I just hate to see a pass get mired down in bickering. :0 Sorry for interloping.

moki said:
ABSOLUTELY. :D I'd take the PAM 1926 for a BTL -- PM me, let's work out a trade (I'm serious)
No need to work this out publicly - PM sent!

I meant no disrespect to blair or the other pass'ers (past or present). I thought blair made himself pretty clear he wanted the BTL to return home to him ???

However I completely agree that if the host (and the future passers) are ok with the play, then its OK. :) It is his pass after all :)

:thumbs: Toaster

Toaster said:
I meant no disrespect to blair or the other pass'ers (past or present). I thought blair made himself pretty clear he wanted the BTL to return home to him ???
ah; that being the case, that's exactly what should happen. My bad for missing that.

blair said:
I don't know whether or not it is necessary to mention this, but I got a pm regarding the BTL that Phil put and well... Be careful trading the BTL - Because of its rarity (there are very few boxes of these released annually), it is one those cigars that can't be traded by a price-to-price match. In my opinion no Opux X would match this one.

I say this, not only because I am hoping to end up with it :D :sign:, but because of the recent attention that has been paid to square dealing. Price-to-price isn't always the only factor to consider. This cigar is a good example.

That having been said, feel free to make a trade for it if you have a qualifying cigar. The cigar was (very generously) donated by Phil for the box pass and it should be treated as fair game. I only want to address the fact that price and rarity come into play with this one!

Thanks!!! :D
:)

Look, I made a mistake and I will be sure to rectify the situation. I will PM Blair in order to best decide how to handle this. If anyone has followed my posts you know this is not in my nature.

Blair, we will make this good!

I have to say that I feel a little attacked here. Obviously I made a mistake but now I feel as though I have been judged. I hope this is not the case but if it is so be it! Thats just the feeling I get.

PhatAsh,

I in no way judged you or attacked you. I hope you dont feel that way, I was merely pointing out what I feel was overlooked as it was many pages prior :)

I know your a standup guy and I think everyone else knows this too. And knowing the general good nature of the regulars here at CP, I know all will work out :D Everyone here likes to play and play fair. And from what I have seen when a mistake is made, a solution is just around the corner :) and everyone is kept happy and content... I'm sure this is no different.

PhatAsh has asked me to take out the Opi he put in the pass so I can either send them back to him or we can do another herf (I hope it's the latter).

He is sending the BTL ahead to blair I believe.

JC

moki said:
Also if the intention is to get a BTL to blair, send him one directly, or put it in a host bag or something? What people think cigars are worth is very subjective; I personally would be delighted to take two Opus's of any kind for 1 BTL... different strokes.
I put the QUALITY AND RARITY of the BTL in this pass. Now weather the SAME QUALITY AND RARITY is put in place of the cigar I put is at discussion here. I do not care if the BTL makes it back to blair. Something of equal or higher QUALITY AND RARITY!!!!!

I personally can think of a few and if you can't then you should not even think twice about touching the BTL, the point here is that you don't dulute the quality and rarity of the pass by touching it. We as players should only add to that while enjoying things we have never had before.

Now I hope you maybe understand why folks are jumping around over this. it's not about getting two opus instead, it's about knocking down the quality and rarity by a play in the pass. I wanted blair to have the WOAM so that is what I put in the host bag, no one should touch that. Honestly I see now that I should have done things the other way around cause this is causing more drama then it is worth.

IF YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT A FAIR TRADE IS ALLREADY DON"T ASK CAUSE YOU DON"T HAVE THE STICKS!!!!!!

my .02

Phil said:
IF YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT A FAIR TRADE IS ALLREADY DON"T ASK CAUSE YOU DON"T HAVE THE STICKS!!!!!!
:0 :angry: You're probably right... I consider my collection to be a pretty good one, and I know I didn't have the sticks to pull the Between the Lines, at least not that I wanted to part with for that cigar :(

Oh, and I agree with Phishy!!! See what you did Phil!!!! :p

Phatash ... I know you had good intentions! That was plain to see with the double opus put. And I certainly didn't imply you were a swindler. All the hooplah started when Lummy jumped up and started name calling. Lummy has a bad problem showing disrepect here. If he would have let you answer your own calling, things would have never escalated to what they did I'm sure. Unless he told you to take the BTL and put the 2 Opus he should have stayed out of it. Of corse everyone has the right to say what they will, and fire a cannon at the protection of a brother. But they should make sure they know if there's an enemy, and what they are talking about also.
Your reply was not cynical or hostile. It came across to me as a concerned person who was unaware of a slight mistake. Which is what I had anticipated when I posted the quote. Seriously, everyone makes mistakes. It's those that refuse to rectify them that are looked down on. And this is not the case. I personally want to thank you for your class in handleing a situation that was blown completely out of proportion.

cohibasurfer said:
All the hooplah started when Lummy jumped up and started name calling. Lummy has a bad problem showing disrepect here. If he would have let you answer your own calling, things would have never escalated to what they did I'm sure.

Unless he told you to take the BTL and put the 2 Opus he should have stayed out of it.
If you have something to say to me, say it rather than talk about me in the third person on a thread. You have been nothing but disrespectful in the last post and I don't appreciate it at all.

I fully justified every statement I made that you had issue with. On top of that I admitted that I was wrong and you were right. What more could you want? On top of that, if you go back in the thread you will see that I never engaged in "name calling."

On top of it all, yes I was there when PhatAsh made the trade and I concurred.

So basically you have no leg to stand on.

At this point you are being ugly for being ugly's sake and no other reason. I therefore ask you to stop.

I think I represent the entire pass when I ask that you refrain from any further comment on the matter.

Lumberg said:
I think I represent the entire pass when I ask that you refrain from any further comment on the matter.
:lookup: :angry: :angry:

GOD DAMMIT! This is pissing me off.

Lumberg,

I disagree. You have absolutely no right to make that statement and, in my eyes at least, this just added even more credability to his statements. Saying things like this is what makes people think you are full of ****. It seems that things have been worked out b/w everyone involved so why the hell do you think it's necessary to continue to stir the ****!

cohibasurfer just happens to have the balls to stand up for what's right. I see no wrong in that. :thumbs:

Well I am going through the pass right now and I just noticed the cigar watermark on the P/T list! Nice touch blair!

Also LOL at the example...Swisher Sweet for a White Owl blunt....is that a fair trade? Better run that by some people!

Also the sticks are in better shape than many passes I have been in, packaging is quite good!

And just to verify, ISOM for ISOM right? Haven't seen that addressed in the thread or the literature (yes I did read both closely :p)

vewyphishy said:
Phil, you're just a trouble maker. :p
FYI on my above posts.

I am not trying to make the BTL out to be the "holy grail" of cigars. I am merly trying to make a point that it is hard to judge rarity as a new guy and with a take like that it is better to be safe than sorry.

Phil

Phil said:
I am not trying to make the BTL out to be the "holy grail" of cigars......

Phil
Whew!!!! Thank goodness you cleared that up Phil, I was starting to worry about your taste in cigars bro. Bring on the Padrons!!!