• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Photo Thread

I think those Leslie rotating speakers were originally used on organs, the guitar guys just adopted them for the cool sound.

I got a shitload of stereo stuff, but only one pair of headphones, some Koss from circa mid 70s, got a slider on the side to zoom the bass up and down.

I think those Leslie rotating speakers were originally used on organs, the guitar guys just adopted them for the cool sound.

I got a shitload of stereo stuff, but only one pair of headphones, some Koss from circa mid 70s, got a slider on the side to zoom the bass up and down.
100% correct. I'm a guitar guy, so that's the first thing that popped into my mind.

What’s a good tube amp that doesn’t break the bank? I want one for my records and I have a pair of open back grados I use
Budget?

I like Schiit, they have good gear and are designed and built in the US. They have offices in California and Texas. I have several of their lines. The Vali, https://www.schiit.com/products/vali-3, is a good starter tube amp that does not break the bank. Gives you some good options for tube rolling as well, to wet your whistle and go down another rabbit hole! I bought one after I found an issue with my first tube amp and used the Vali in the interim, until my big tube amp arrived. I liked the Vali better than my first tube amp and did a good job of driving 50 to 600 ohm headphones.

The next step up they have in tube amps is the Valhalla, which is an OTL design. OTL tube amps need some special precautions usually when using them. Otherwise, you can kill your headphones or tubes.

Schiit also has B-Stock deals listed which I think there was a Lyr with the DAC module.

The other tube amps that I looked into most recently are in the $500+ range. And if you are handy with a solder gun, you can get kits and build your own!

Budget?

I like Schiit, they have good gear and are designed and built in the US. They have offices in California and Texas. I have several of their lines. The Vali, https://www.schiit.com/products/vali-3, is a good starter tube amp that does not break the bank. Gives you some good options for tube rolling as well, to wet your whistle and go down another rabbit hole! I bought one after I found an issue with my first tube amp and used the Vali in the interim, until my big tube amp arrived. I liked the Vali better than my first tube amp and did a good job of driving 50 to 600 ohm headphones.

The next step up they have in tube amps is the Valhalla, which is an OTL design. OTL tube amps need some special precautions usually when using them. Otherwise, you can kill your headphones or tubes.

Schiit also has B-Stock deals listed which I think there was a Lyr with the DAC module.

The other tube amps that I looked into most recently are in the $500+ range. And if you are handy with a solder gun, you can get kits and build your own!
This is great info thanks. I think I’ll save a little of my $$$ for that Vali. Looks awesome

You are correct with the organ use, more specifically for use with the famous Hammond organ with "draw bars". And bubba, I did a boatload of dancing to that music when you held that girl in your arms. Not intending to hijack this, just FYI, this is the Hammond B3 with Leslie ( 1955-1974) and worth about $7500.

9477D75A-42FB-445A-8932-F1D64AEC86E5.jpeg

Banjo just knows deer are out there crossing HIS territory! They do nightly, and don’t sweat him. They know his boundaries as well as he does. He’ll bark for about half hour or so.

Pic sucks but ya get the point.

Floyd T
AED70EFA-0004-4355-8D52-C8A4A56214D2.jpeg

Each of the vitolas is named after a different bulldog they had.
I couldn't remember if it was all or one. And I was too lazy to look up it and confirm! Good cigar, those Guardian of the Farms. Love me a closed foot!

full

We went to a gun shop last Friday to kill a few minutes and I found a couple rounds I had never seen before.

This is a 30-378 Weatherby Magnum. Look at the volume of powder this 30 caliber can hold. 180 grain bullet at 3450 FPS is cookin!

Effective range out to 1500 yards.

1664368283598.png

Jeff,

Weatherby Mags have some unique calibers and they all seem to be "odd" calibers. The price tag on them gets pretty ridiculous as well. Makes my 7mm Rem Mag seem like a baby. Thanks for sharing.

Floyd T