• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pick Vitasea's Cohiba DC EL 2003 contest

Which of these cigars (numbered from left to right) is the Cohiba DC EL 2003 from Vitasea?

• Cigar #1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cigar #2

• Cigar #3

• Cigar #4

• Cigar #5

• Cigar #6

• duh... I dunno!

• Total voters
Well this thread has me disappointed. I have a work buddy down in Florida, who has a connection with someone who can get Cubans. I asked him to bring back a couple of boxes, and since he is well off, price really isn't a problem.

I will have to take some pictures of the boxes and the actual cigars so you guys can verify for me if they are legit. I have been reading through some of the links Moki posted about how to tell a counterfeit or not, and it has been very informative.

BTW vitasea a cool little tool I use to check spelling is http://toolbar.google.com it works everytime, and it is great for forums.

symyn said:
Well this thread has me disappointed. I have a work buddy down in Florida, who has a connection with someone who can get Cubans. I asked him to bring back a couple of boxes, and since he is well off, price really isn't a problem.
[snapback]210701[/snapback]​

Say no more; they are fake.

moki said:
symyn said:
Well this thread has me disappointed.  I have a work buddy down in Florida, who has a connection with someone who can get Cubans.  I asked him to bring back a couple of boxes, and since he is well off, price really isn't a problem. 

Say no more; they are fake.
[snapback]210717[/snapback]​

Very likely. I don't understand why it is so hard to grasp this concept. If you have friends, relatives, etc. buying Cuban cigars in Cuba or through some other "source" they are most likely FAKE. The ONLY way to get authentic Cuban cigars is through an authorized La Casa Del Habano shop or a VERIFIABLE, trustworthy online vendor. ANY OTHER METHOD is not trustworthy and most likely dealing in counterfeits.

If it's been said once it's been said a MILLION times:

TRUST YOUR VENDOR

The fakes out there are getting better in terms in looks, bands, seals, etc. However, as this thread has shown, their construction and taste is poor compared to the real thing.

symyn said:

I will have to take some pictures of the boxes and the actual cigars so you guys can verify for me if they are legit. I have been reading through some of the links Moki posted about how to tell a counterfeit or not, and it has been very informative.

BTW vitasea a cool little tool I use to check spelling is http://toolbar.google.com it works everytime, and it is great for forums.

Is your friends connection a Doctor?

vitasea said:
bigmac said:
vitasea said:
i think that that was a very nice ststement

aginst my better judgement i will ask a second opinion (or 25)other then "god"
MOKI's review, who i respect, and will send 25 dc cohiba e l 2003 for other opinions (no two finger cadies this time i'm out). if you have the balls to give an honest review then please pm me with your address and i will send you one. i do not have or sent conterfiet cigars and never will. i think there as been a lot of misinformation about me and i will still fight to protect me?????

i know the more you try to defend your self the more **** you get????
[snapback]210330[/snapback]​
If you really respect Moki then why do you continue to disrespect him with your insinuation, Moki is very knowledgeable about cigars but no-one here considers him "god". He has been VEEERRRRRY respectful towards you and you keep throwing these barbs back at him, and IMHO it is just because his honest review didnt go your way, pitiful.... :angry:
[snapback]210520[/snapback]​
excuse me i am not showing any disrespect for moki
i think all 2000+ guys on this board are cigar gods
is this a bad thing?????????
[snapback]210530[/snapback]​
Moki's a newb... as if.

NA

Just finished the CigarNexus article, I am basically going to get a box of fakes. I guess I won't ask this guy to buy me boxes anymore. I'll still post pics as it should be pretty entertaining.

symyn said:
Just finished the CigarNexus article, I am basically going to get a box of fakes. I guess I won't ask this guy to buy me boxes anymore. I'll still post pics as it should be pretty entertaining.
[snapback]210756[/snapback]​

Good job for doing your research and for taking it well. I've had very good fakes so at least you may get some good smokes.

if any one would go back to my original into????????????????
i have this boat and do take tons of medical suppys and equip to cuba
and so very neive me go to this cigar site and maybe?????????
it was like david going into the lions den only worse.............
they kill you, bring you back to life and then kill you agan......
a lot of fun, and this message is very long and most will not read it but its what i am about so............

if you can help please contact me
as for as funds are concerned it is an application that i samitted to thr gates foundation

i wonder if bill gates smokes cigars??? maybe moki could be so kind to send him a couple sticks?????????????

AIDS in Cuba

AIDS is a relatively small problem compared to other countries in the world. About 5000 people are HIV positive in an island nation of 11,000,ooo. Initially, AIDS came to Cuba from soldiers serving in the African nation of Angola. The government’s initial reaction was to isolate the victims from society in military barracks. This outraged many people in world. After a study by medical experts, Cuban’s developed one of the best AIDS prevention programs in the world. Today if any person Cuba is diagnosed with HIV are required to go to a treatment center which are located all over the country.

Here they have a complete medical evaluation. Physiological, psychological counseling and most important education about there disease to prevent its spread is taught. They spend time at the treatment centers until the staff is satisfied that they will not be a threat to society, and then they are released back into the community. They are required to return periodically for follow up exams and are given what few drugs are available for them.

When their disease advances to illnesses that require hospitalization they are sent to Pedro Kouri de Medicina Tropical, a hospital on the western edge of Havana. It has controlled access, fenced with electric gates and guards. It is a rather large building where they have set up a 200 bed facility. All of the doctors that we met are volunteers. The director is Professor Jorge Perez and is an acknowledged expert on AIDS. He has been able to get some help from the United Nations. This facility is on the lowest rung of the Cuban medical ladder. He showed us a room full of monitoring equipment sent from the UN and it was totally useless because there were no hook ups or even power cords supplied.

A majority of Cuban doctors will not treat an AIDS patient because they are fearful of the disease.

This is where we come in.

The hospital has absolutely no operating room. However,
They have remodeled an area with a tile floor, solid walls, and ceiling. Currently all of the equipment that they have is some 1960’s surgical lights.

It takes 5-6 months for them to schedule surgery in only one operating room in Havana that will allow AIDS patients to use. Needless to say most die of simple operative procedures that could have prevented their early death. Our friend Dr Gilberto Fleites estimates that 10 people die each month. We have committed to the hospital that we would return this fall with enough equipment to establish a complete operating room.

We have a 53 foot sailboat and have been delivering small medical equipment and drugs for several years to Dr Gilberto.

When we returned to Omaha in June 2005 we began to solicit friends and doctors. Senator Mick Mines of Nebraska sent a letter to every hospital and medical facility in the state of Nebraska. The response has been overwhelming. Almost everything on the hospital’s wish list (which I have included) is available free of charge; to a point. Much to my dismay most of this equipment is massive and very heavy. We have quickly seen that we need help to complete this project. The equipment needs to be serviced and repaired. Most have battery back ups to replace. Electronics need to be tested and tuned, and many have disposable wands and devises that will have to be purchased new. We have to transport everything to Florida in a container and then load it on our and friends larger boats who have volunteered there services. We may have to ship a container to Havana.

We do not plan to stop with the wish list but will accept any hospital related materials. A hospital in Auburn, Nebraska donated 100’s of hospital linens and gowns which we readily accepted. The needs are so great. We saw a two station dialysis room where the patients had nothing more to lay on than a steel table with a thin mat; a process that can take hours.

For the past couple of years we have been licensed to travel to Cuba through Caribbean Medical Transport, a 503c1 organization. I have recently been added to the board. We have personally traveled to Cuba 8 times with our boat and have taken tons of badly need medical supplies and equipment to specific doctors and hospitals through doctor Gilberto. This is important because if this is not done through a sponsor the medical supplies will end up in a government store and be sold to the people, not donated as we intend to do.

I am making this request for funds that will be used directly for the acquisition of equipment, transportation expenses, repair, testing and what new devises need to be purchased. Their will be no funds allocated for any salaries or general expenses for Caribbean Medical Transport. In fact, if there is any money left I would like to deposit it into an account for Dr Gilberto to administer for the benefit of the hospital.

This is an extremely important mission and it will save and extend many individuals lives who are victims of AIDS, maybe even long enough for a cure to be found for this dreaded disease. I would estimate in the first year of operation we would save 100 lives, with an investment of $250.00 per person. I will continue to monitor and support with additional donations in the years ahead and we could save thousands of lives.

We will be traveling with a professional photographer who plans to do a documentary from beginning to end. (It would be great to do film). Of course the Gates Foundation would be given complete credit for having made this possible.

July,

Joe Doe
Administrator
ABC Hospital
111 Hillcrest
Blair, NE 68008

Dear Mr. Doe:

Subject: Operating Room Equipment for Cuba

Several times each year, Doug Hiner, on his own time and using his own boat, delivers medical supplies and equipment to doctors in Havana, Cuba under the license of not-for-profit, Caribbean Medial Transport.

On his most recent trip, Doug toured the Instituto Pedro Kouri De Medicina Tropical, a 200 room hospital in Havana where his friend Dr. Gilberto volunteers his time. According to Doug, this is the only hospital in Cuba that accepts the approximately 5,000 Cubans who are HIV positive.

Doug found that the hospital renovated a room for surgery, but they have no surgical equipment. Absolutely none. Patients who require surgery are scheduled at only one other hospital, but there is a five to six month waiting period. Many people die needlessly of minor problems that could be prevented.

Doug will return to Cuba in October 2005 and he hopes to deliver the equipment listed on the attached page. If you have new or used equipment that you can
donate to this most worthy effort, please contact Doug at (402) 658-8911, dhiner_2000@yahoo.com, 1424 South 13th St., Omaha, NE 68108. Thank you.

Yours very truly,

Mick Mines
State Senator - District 18

Attachment

Equipment Wish List
for
Pedro Kouri De Medicina Tropical

• Mechanical Operating Table
(no sophisticated electronic or pneumatic mechanisms)
• Surgical Lamp and spare light bulbs
• Abdominal Surgery Instruments – basic
• Coagulating Devices – hook, round, etc.
• Homeostatic Forceps
• Needle-Holding Forceps,
• Dissecting Forceps
• Grasping Forceps
• Babcock Forceps
• Needle-holders
• Scissors
• Metzenbaum Scissors
• Farabeuf Retractors
• Allys Forceps
• Abdominal Retractors - medium and large X 2
• Anesthesia Machine
(permitting thoracic and abdominal surgery)
• Monitor – basic
(EKG, heart rate, NIBP, pulse-oxymetery, etc.)
• Endoscopic Surgery Instruments – they have the tower
• 5 / 10 / 12 Metal Ports – for re-sterilization
• Endoscopic Surgery Telescope
(Karl Storz and Olympus compatible, one 0-degrees, one 30-degrees)
• Electrosurgical Unit – for cutting and coagulation - general surgery (Bovie)

Well, I don't have any medical equipment, but I want to wish you the best in your endevor. Of everything that I have read you say on this board none of it has been ill willed or hateful. I think the main point that I have taken away from your posts is that even though you might think you are 99% right about something there is always that 1% of actual fact you have to worry about. I do the same thing, but it is something I am working on by listening, reading, and informing myself with as many facts as possible. Good luck with your next trip and I hope everything goes as planned.

vitasea said:
if any one would go back to my original into????????????????
i have this boat and do take tons of medical suppys and equip to cuba
and so very neive me go to this cigar site and maybe?????????
it was like david going into the lions den only worse.............
they kill you, bring you back to life and then kill you agan......
[snapback]210804[/snapback]​

I disagree. I think you buying cigars from various people in Cuba is you going into the Lion's Den -- they are the ones ripping you off. We're just telling you that these people are ripping you off. I tried to do it repeatedly in private, but you didn't want to hear it.

I don't blame you; but I feel no ill will towards you, and none of this is personal. I wish you well in your endeavors delivering supplies to Cuba... but I suggest that you may want to stay out of the Cuban cigar smuggling business.

This is just sad! Because if you REALLY go to Cuba, then there are places you can buy REAL cuban cigars. I have no clue what the shops are called, etc. because I've never been to Cuba. Good luck with your medical supply journey

Stupid me....I thought we were trying to find the one "real" one, not the one fake. I voted for number 5 thinking it looked good. It was pretty obvious #3 was a bad one.