• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Pics of your Sticks!

Been travelling for work a lot and have fallen way behind on rolling...need to play some catch up...

Very nice, maybe one day.
But for now, I let my friend Jorge roll the cigars for me. :)

Lol for me it was by asking a similar question!

I am interested in that question as well... What was your first few steps toward that hobby? What kind of cost was involved to just start. I don't mean full on addiction, just to dip my toes in if thats even possible.

How did y’all get into rolling your own cigars?
I am interested in that question as well... What was your first few steps toward that hobby? What kind of cost was involved to just start. I don't mean full on addiction, just to dip my toes in if thats even possible.

I’m pretty busy today but later on I can respond better and hopefully point you in the right direction.

Alright fellas sorry it took so long to get back to you.

The two main places to buy leaf are leafonly.com and wholeleaftobacco.com , there are many options which is part of the fun. WLT sells some blending kits, here is a good one ( https://www.wholeleaftobacco.com/product/terroso-profundo/ ) , you can also buy 1/4lb samples from LO. You're gonna need Filler, Binder, and Wrapper.

The supplies you'll need are: Large cutting board, pizza cutter or something similar that can do a roll cut, spray bottle with distilled water, cigar glue, and a copper coupling or elbow for cutting caps. There are a few different things that can be used as cigar glue, I use Xanthan gum but you can also buy glue from either of the leaf companies. You don't really need a mold right away, you can make a good cigar without it.

Check out Bliss Cigar Co.'s videos on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKQPvIbslAFFDYDGi-EivRQ/videos

Here is another good video
though I don't bunch with the method he uses.

Hopefully I didn't forget anything, any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

WLT has a good forum with lots of resources for the beginner. Most of the long-time members are very helpful and knowledgeable.
You can get seeds and learn to grow and ferment your own tobacco if you want. Be careful though, the growing part is fairly simple....it's what comes after that can kick your ass. Plenty of time and patience required.

Attachments

• IMG_0770.jpg
    IMG_0770.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0880.jpg
    IMG_0880.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 12

So a bit late to the game here, but for me I have recently realized I am someone who constantly looks to learn new things and tinker with stuff....When I drank beer, I decided to learn how to brew beer.....As I got more interested and moved to collecting Bourbon, I decided to become a certified bourbon steward (Stave and Thief society.) When we were building our house I decided to do all the trim work....which was a blast. I work on my own cars, and everything provides me with an opportunity to learn. Cigar Rolling is the same thing, its an opportunity to learn and create something that I can enjoy and share with others around me.

The forums have been mentioned, there are lots of videos, and you really don't need much to get going. Honestly I rarely mess with fancy caps on cigars and roll with a pigtail as I am going to cut it off anyway. The key is patience, when you first start out you will roll some ugly cigars, but they will still likely be smoke-able. Blending will take you down a rabbit hole if you let it, although I have settled on a certain blend that I tweak from time to time.

It is surprisingly affordable. Once you are comfortable and are buying whole tobacco by the pound, you can roll cigars for a material cost of 70 cents a piece or so plus your time. I would put my blends in a category of the $5-$6 cigars you see out there these days....

My problem now is that smoking 2 a day is a tough habit to keep up with, finding the time to roll and let them rest a bit is tough.

-D