• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Please Remember Them

SD_Stack said:
Wasn't it John F Kennedy who signed the Embargo in 1963? I thought he was democrat.

Not positive. Please feel free to inform me if this is incorrect.
yes it was kennedy. yes he was a democrat. note
that he did not sign the emargo until after his aid
had returned with 1000 of his foavorite cuban cigars.

hmmmmmmmmmm.......... :sneaky:

Yes this is correct. A democrat was responsible for the embargo and yes he had his assistant get 3000 cuban cigars the day before.
A little bit different time though, I mean Cuba had just offered to let the russians park a bunch of nuclear ships about 100 miles south of where we all live.

Personally I think it's time to forgive and forget- for all of our sake (the CPe'rs)!

:D

Michael

oh! it was 3000. my mistake.
kinda like nobody in cali can get
a concealed carry permit except
the congresswoman! all politicians
seem to have a "us and them" attitude
toward their constituants.

I've not been harmed but I forgive everyone of you!

:sign: :sign: :sign: :D :D :D

Hey Joe! That Valium you said to take is really working! I just love them things. Especially the BLUE ones! Yum Yum

Ya'll ought to try one. :D

I just love ya'll. Ya'll so sweet!

Do you love me? Circle your answer below

YES - NO - Maybe

:sign:

I for one would like to appologise for helping taint this thread. It was wrong, pointless, and I never should have taken the bait anyway.

I'm not upset at all and I do respect oposite points of view. fllbrent made his case in a rational respectfull way despite how much beer hey may have had at the time. :D I very much respect and appreciate his point of view despite disagreeing with it.

The only defense I may have is that there are people in the world who would like to see me and my family dead just because we are americans. The exact reason the people on September 11th two years ago were killed. Right now there are men and women dying for me to make sure myself and my family are not in fact killed as some would like. They do this out of a sence of duty and I am very grateful that they are in fact willing and ready to make the ultimate sacrifice for me. This is the sentence I could not let go.

God bless all of the innocent children who were bombed back to the stoneage by our 'American Boys' because we want to rule the world.

I could go into how historically isolationistic this nation has been. How reluctant we have been to go to wars overseas. I could talk about how nice it would be if we could be isolationists now and just make our own cars and vcr's while the rest of the world went to hell and left us alone. I could point out that national defense is impossible on our own beaches in this age of missles, suitecase bombs, biological weapons of mass destruction. The thing is though, beyond all that, it is just plain wrong to allow those 'American Boys' to die for me without at least a word in there defense.

I appologise for helping take this thread in a wrong direction. This would be better suited for a diferent thread of its own. For my part I have spoken my mind, I will change no minds, and I have no intention no matter what else may be said or said about me to repond again in this thread except this:

God Blees all those who died that tragic day, and all of us who must always remember.

this was my point from the beginning, gibu
we can have a different thread for bang-our-
heads-against-a-wall political debate. the people
that died on this (now that)day were not just
american, they came from everywhere. they
were not soldiers, and they had no warning.
they were brutally murdered out of the clear
blue sky. and they deserve a day of reverence.

todd

Very interesting thread to read through :0 haven't seen a heated debate like this since the Lars hoolabub of '02.

BenjieV :D

SD_Stack said:
I've not been harmed but I forgive everyone of you!

:sign:  :sign:  :sign:  :D  :D  :D

Hey Joe!  That Valium you said to take is really working!  I just love them things.  Especially the BLUE ones!  Yum Yum 

Ya'll ought to try one.  :D

I just love ya'll.  Ya'll so sweet! 

Do you love me?  Circle your answer below

YES    -    NO    -    Maybe

:sign:
Who is this?? And why are you talkin' to me! :angry:

:p ;) :love:

Blue V's are for girls!! ;) I will stick with Zanax thank you!! :love:

Wow, I stay away from this thread for a day and I miss all the fun.

In addition to working on cars (like my Jag) and some dabbling in woodworking, I spend a great deal of my time involved in state politics. Click here and hit “about” then “members” to find me in district 35. I’ve been involved since 1992.

I hereby formally request (actually BEG, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez) SD_Stack, Gibu, SamGuss, PuroBrat & LuckyDawg to move to Connecticut and HELP ME OUT HERE. I’ve really enjoyed your wit and thoughts expressed here in this thread which is very refreshing.

Michael, I think you’d be happier in Massachusetts, Hawaii or Minnesota since even Bill Clinton isn’t liberal enough for you. As a result of him and his wife pushing their liberal agenda, the Republicans took control of Congress in 1994 and the Democrats still can’t figure out how to get it back. I do love it when liberals go too far ‘cause finally the public wakes up and changes things.

Thanks again for the enlightening banter on this subject and I’m glad Misc. from CigarPool gave me the link to this site. There are some great people here.

i try to not just blindly espouse any political
position. i have fact, reason, and logic behind
what i believe. that's why i don't fall along
any party lines. both left and right wingers
are about 75% full of crap!!

Well at least your a cigar smoker!!!
That's the beauty of this place, Michael and I will never be attending the same political fund raisers but I'm sure we'd be best of friends at a herf or any cigar function.

Thanks mikedevilsfan!

GOOD LORD! I should have read this thread earlier. What an odd thread to find on CP.

I was speachless to read Mikedevilsfan's response to PB's original post. Simply amazing. How inappropriate!

God bless all of the innocent children who were bombed back to the stoneage by our 'American Boys' because we want to rule the world.

The "innocent children" were bombed with food, for Christ sake, not missiles. The govt spent millions and millions to implement the highest state-of-the-art GPS/Radar/Radio guided missiles available to ensure that there were as few civilian casualties as possible. While our civilians are a target, their civilians are fed. What other country in history has taken such care of its opposing country's civilians?

I have read a lot about how evil and selfish our country is. I've read here that we are bordering on communism. I've read that standing up for ourselves is not the answer; that standing up for the innocent people of Iraq is wrong, despite the gratuitous rape and torture of Iraqi women and children by Iraqi officials.

What I have not yet read is what should have been done. When our people were confusedly and irrationally murdered, what should we have done? Said “damn!” and turned face? Had a sit-down and given the anti-American countries a good tongue lashing? “Boy, are we mad!” What?

PS. Sorry for encouraging continuance of this thread. I realize that it was just coming to and end and then "here comes blair, that SOB!". But the thread was stolen from the get-go and I came in late. Feel free to not respond.

on the contrary, brother blair. you make a good point.
people who want to bitch about u.s. involvement
in such matters do just that: bitch. an alternative way
to handle things is never offered except to say
"we shouldn't be there" always what we shouldn't
do, never what we should do. it's a malady that
seems to affect protesters of anything. never is
an alternative offered.

mikedevilsfan said:
are we starting this crap again?
If you want me to answer I will

Michael
do so. It wasn't a rhetorical question. I am very eager to hear this end all, be all solution of yours! After our people were murdered, what should we have done (keep it short! :p ) And while you answer, imagine that you were the mother of one of our children that was haplessly killed.

Back