• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Prayers Needed for the Princess

Good luck with the surgery (x2). Once she gets over the initial soreness and gets adjusted to hearing again, you will have a new child. When my daughter had her ear trouble, she had the adenoids and tonsils removed as well. Wow, what a difference that makes. She hasn't had one ear problem since then. I hope the same goes for you guys.

God bless you and your family!

**UPDATE**

Well surgery yesterday for the tubes in ears, adenoidectomy, and tonsillectomy went well. She came home last night and has been pampered (as much as possible) by mom and dad. Doesn't like her pain med and frequently throws a fit to avoid taking it. Wouldn't take it today until it was 2 1/2 hours overdue so I'm getting bubble gum flavor in it tonight to hopefully make it taste better. Please pray for a quick recovery and that she would rest more often! She was awake from 8am until 2pm when I told her she would get in serious trouble if she didn't lay down on her bed and take a nap (can you imagine an adult staying up and walking around for 6 hrs the day after surgery?!?).

Also please pray for my strength. I am so weak from my anemia and barely getting any sleep last night. Mike is back at work today so I am on my own with her and literally fixed her a milkshake, hot cocoa, apple juice, hot tea, ice cream, popsicles, soup, bread, pudding, mashed potatoes, and gravy in a 4 hour period of time (most of which she took one bite or sip of and rejected). I didn't sit down at all during this time period and have only eaten a yogurt and some mashed potatoes today because I'm just too tired to cook the liver I'm suppose to eat to get some strength from the iron, plus I've been sick with a throat infection for 3 days.

I'm not trying to whine, believe me, what I'm feeling is absolutely nothing compared to my princess. I just want prayer for it so I can have the strength to give her the best possible care and lovin' that I can!

Thanks folks for all your prayers and support!

Julie and Mike

Glad to hear the surgeries went well. You all are still on my list. :)

I had my tonsils out in the 4th grade. Tell you one thing: Shaved Ice and Kool-Aid made at 4x concentration. It'll help.

**URGENT PRAYER NEEDED - UPDATE**

Since yesterday early am (like 2am) Hannah has been refusing pain medicine for almost double the hours due (Ex: every 4 hours to be given - she refuses until around 7 1/2 hours) then she is in so much pain she hurts earlier than 4 hours the next time. Finally late yeasterday afternoon she started requesting it about every 3 hours (too early to give her). Anyone who's read this thread knows I've tried every available liquid and soft food she is allowed to get her to eat and drink. Her total consumtion yesterday was about 16 - 18 oz of fluid plus maybe 3 popsicles and about 3/4 mashed potatoes. Today she has taken no more than 6 sips of fluid and has rejected pain medicine for 11 hours (since 1am last night). She "can't remember" whether she has peed today and her side does hurt a little (possible impacted bowel starting). I have a call into doctor and waiting for the news on whether to rush her to the hospital for IV fluids or not.

Please pray, pray, pray for her.

Thanks

Julie and Mike

Doctor said IV is necessary. Mikes on his way home from work. Pray for safe travels - he gets unravelled easily when it involves our kids.

We'll keep you updated.

My wife is a nurse and she can attest to the wonders that IV fluids and pain meds can do. Follow your instincts.

Wilkey

**UPDATE**

We're back and she's looking and feeling good after the IV. She went 17 hours w/o pain meds but took some when we got home. We bought regular tylenol to try during the day if we can't get her to take the other. She ate some of a turkey sandwich at the hospital (nurses orders!) and some popsicles and mashed potatoes at home. I bought some turkey lunchmeat and other goodies at the store and I'm going to start measuring her fluid intake tomorrow ;) . The mention of a trip back to IV land gets her pointed towards the straw when she is reluctant to sip a drink. So hopefully we are done with all of this and can move in a positive direction now.

We are having second thoughts about the oral surgery being next Friday though. Any thoughts on that guys and gals? Thanks for your prayers and input.

Julie and Mike

Well its good to get some good news from you! Children are extrememly resilient. My best wishes to her and the family.

mac

Great to hear Julie. I'm sure you guys will make the right decision on the oral surgery. I guess you'll have to gauge whether or not she's up to it at the moment.

I am glad to hear everything is going better for you guys. You will continue to be in my prayers.

With a one year old son, this hits me at the core. Best wishes on a speedy and full recovery for little Hannah.

I haven't been keeping track of this very well but I'm glad to see the IV worked. I'll keep her in my thoughts....

I'm gonna keep praying for you guys. Glad to see things seem to be getting better,