• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Project Walk-In

Very Nice setup.....I'm almost that far in my project too.....All I need to do is convince the wife.

when does the lounge open Al? Lemme know and hopefully I can make a daytrip out of it, should be easy enough for you to keep me sober, with a dry house and all that. Sorry I did not send out your sugar skull for November third, it was so wet here that week the sugar did not hold in the molds.

Here are a couple of updated pics. I wanted to edit the post on pg 8 and just add these pics to it but the edit button is gone.

Here are some pics of the wine cellar cooler that I installed the other day. The humidor is maintaining at 63F and 69% RH. Very steady, even with opening the door repeatedly.

DSC01385.jpg

DSC01386.jpg

These pics show the progress of the room since I last made a post on this.

DSC01380.jpg

DSC01383.jpg

Everybody that has seen the room really likes the Cigar Store Indian. It is 6' tall and is solid mohagany. I got it on eBay for like $400 + $200 for shipping from the East Coast.

DSC01390.jpg

EDIT to say that I guess I was not logged in when I could not find the edit button. DUH!

Alan great job on the whole room! Enjoy it :thumbs:

And where are the humi photos? We already saw your sofa ;)

Where is that Koolspace venting into? The tile in the pic is the same as the inside of the humi but obviously it isn't venting there.

Also, is the humidity in this room always low enough that you have to add humidity or is there a dehumidifier somewhere for when the ambient humidity is above 70%?

Where is that Koolspace venting into? The tile in the pic is the same as the inside of the humi but obviously it isn't venting there.

Also, is the humidity in this room always low enough that you have to add humidity or is there a dehumidifier somewhere for when the ambient humidity is above 70%?

The Koolspace unit vents into the room outside of the humidor. Kind of like one of those window A/C units. It is supposed to vent into an "air conditioned" room. I will put a split unit A/C into the room when it gets closer to summer. This unit does not remove moisture from the air. Condensation drains into the tupperware bowl and when it fills I just dump the water out on the floor in the humidor. The saltillo tiles absorb the water in just a few seconds.

The humidity remains very steady and has not gone above 70% since I finished the humidor. I have never thought about a DEhumidifier. It is working out absolutely perfect. We'll see how it goes over the next year but am confident that it will always be good.

This whole room, humidor and all, is a lot of fun. It is so nice to have a bitchin place to kick back with a cigar in. I wish that I would have done it a few years ago. That room had not even been used in over 6 yrs, just collected junk.

Michal Posted Today, 07:10 AM
And where are the humi photos? We already saw your sofa

Had to remove pics of the humidor contents due to some wierdo that called me. I just don't think it is wise anymore to have personal info available to just anybody that comes here. Most of you kind of know what kind of collection I have anyways. Sorry, but I have heard to many stories of peoples stash getting robbed. That is why I went to the extremes to secure this humidor. Nobody will get into it now, atleast not w/out me knowing about it.

Had to remove pics of the humidor contents due to some wierdo that called me. I just don't think it is wise anymore to have personal info available to just anybody that comes here. Most of you kind of know what kind of collection I have anyways. Sorry, but I have heard to many stories of peoples stash getting robbed. That is why I went to the extremes to secure this humidor. Nobody will get into it now, atleast not w/out me knowing about it.
Ups! Didn't know it can work like that. :/

Thats Scary,
My Father told me to take my family pictures of my Webshots, I did,Makes sense. Their are alot of freaks out there
Dont forget the trip wire.

Michal Posted Today, 07:10 AM
And where are the humi photos? We already saw your sofa

That is the most depressing thing I have read on this board to date.
As one of my co-works said "You cant have anything F%#@&*% nice anymore"

Les

The new stuffed cat next to the fridge looks really believable :D
Incredibly nice setup.

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Question: With that smoke eater, do you need to have a ventilation fan or anything else in the cieling? I'm moving into a new house that has a finished basement, that's going to be my space. I am going to get a smoke eater installed in it so we can smoke down there. Just wondering if I'll need to do anything else.

Good god, this thread has enlightened my cigar experience. I now strive to have a place as wonderful as you have, for myself, one day. Sorry if this has been anwered or discussed before, but what was the total time it took to complete your project from start to finish? I am sure you are still constantly adding things also.

P.S. - I would keep that m4 locked and loaded sittin up against the humidor, dam those weirdos.

I don't even think atuck, has had time to break down the dimentions of the room or more importantly the humi. In lay man terms how many people can stand in the humi at one time? Excellent job overall and an inspiration to all, to build their own or have one built. ;)

Yes, Alan...I will now make the trip to Victorville for "work"! Thanks for sharing the picts and the story. Glad I called you the other day, or I wouldn't have known about this...Victorville, huh? :sign:

-Fetter

F*** those internet freaks, I missed out on seein the inside of the walkin...I'd just be jealous anyhow. :laugh:

The lounge looks absolutely sweet, where'd you find that backlit Opus sign?

The room is starting to come together now! :thumbs:

cover2.jpg

DSC01379.jpg

DSC01380.jpg

Here is where the sink and refridgerator are going. I am thinking that I will change the counter top 1st.

DSC01383.jpg

EDIT to add updated pics.

NOW THAT IS A MAN ROOM!!!
Great work man everything looks spectacular

atuck - this is all just simply BEAUTIFUL!!!
I hope you enjoy it as much as it LOOKS like you should. You are setup in a way that I never really even thought about. Just wonderful.

Now quit answering all of us drooling slobs and go sit in that chair and relax. Light one up for the "rest" of us.