• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Project Walk-In

One of the coolest rooms I have ever laid eyes upon. All I can say is WOW!!!

:0 That is just awsome Atuck! :0
If you want to have your wife contact my wife to let her know how it feels to have such an awsome room let me know I will give you our number. LOL :laugh:

Hello,

Just wondering how you will take care of the heating in the room. I am trying to build something similar, but much smaller. My room is going to be more of a 'Cigar pantry' and Im running into some real problems on how to heat/cool it.

In the summer Im not sure how hot my basement will get, but getting it above 75 seems like a real possibility (in Denver, CO). And I absolutely need a small heating unit to keep the room warm in the winter.

Anyone have any suggestions for a single heating/cooling unit?

Thanks, and nice job on the room!

Hello,

Just wondering how you will take care of the heating in the room. I am trying to build something similar, but much smaller. My room is going to be more of a 'Cigar pantry' and Im running into some real problems on how to heat/cool it.

In the summer Im not sure how hot my basement will get, but getting it above 75 seems like a real possibility (in Denver, CO). And I absolutely need a small heating unit to keep the room warm in the winter.

Anyone have any suggestions for a single heating/cooling unit?

Thanks, and nice job on the room!
Welcome to CP. There's a great group of front rangers here. Head on over to the "intro forum" and let us get to know you a bit.

As for heating and cooling. Heating to 70* will speed up aging, but is far from necessary. My basement is heated enough to keep pipes from freezing and keep first floor heating bills from getting outragous. In the summer, my basement seldom gets warm, let alone hot. I really don't think you are going to need anything.

Nice watch.

You're a talented motha' Tucks, tis no doubt about that. Simply beautiful.

Out of curiousity - which security contractor did you go with to protect your house and its new addition?

Top name alarm company, motion sensors, 3 cameras, bars on window, rebar reinforced outside wall,

AND, did you all forget? This and many of its friends:

DSC00564.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I had to remove my contact info due to some wierdo calling me. He inquired about the humidor and said, "Victorville, huh?" and then just hung up. Probably somebody from Google. Maybe he can view this post and know what would be waiting for him in Victorville. Huh?!

All I can say is that this is great work and that it would be nice to have this one pinned so those who decide to do a similar project can use it as a reference. May you enjoy it for many, many years. :thumbs:

Dragging this one back up. I have just purchased a new home and the unfinished basement has an 11x11 addition that I will be turning into a walk-in for my wife and I. She is a conisseur as well.

Alan, how are things holding up with your humi? Any glitches?

Also, would there be any negative ramifications of doing a dual walk-in/wine cellar? Besides the obvious temperature of storage (we generally only drink red), I wouldn't think that 65-68% humidity will damage the cork. However, I am a wine noo-b.

I'm thinking that re-creating Alans humi could be done for under $8k.

That is quite a piece of work, you should be proud. Man that really gives a newbie like me something to dream about. I wish I would have been on here early enough to see the humidor full before some jerk had to pull that garbage. Probably better that it got you thinking about it though - in the long run. I like the coyote - get's me thinking about the one I have in the freezer that ran into one of my arrows a couple weeks ago. Also, I love the shout out to PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)!

DSCN0036.jpg

When I dream that is what i see, OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!

I'm bumping this so us 2008 newbies can take a look at the amazing craftsmanship of atuck. That is an amazing walk in!

Most incredible humi I have ever seen. I am a decade or two away from this.

thats one hot setup :thumbs: :cool:

So cool man. I wish I had thought ahead before I built my house so that I could have incorporated a walk-in humi. Oh well... :(

It has worked out very well. RH & temp has stayed very consistant the entire time. I did have to replace the cooling unit once.

Now that is a man cave! Nice Humidor and furniture, with some nice wall art, etc! I've started doing a Man Cave in my Garage.

I'm still undecided between an Aristocrat, or a small walk in (standing room only with 3 walls having shelves). The indecision comes from one aspect of this endeavor; Cooling.
The other aspects of the build I have no problem getting my mind around.
I'd like to know a little about your cooling unit, how easily it cools in your environment..
I'm also curious if you noticed a nice bump in your Electric Bill with that type of cooling?
I live in a area that easily hits 100-105 degress in the summer, and 20's in the winter.