• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Project Walk-In

Luan? not cedar? will you be using cedar?

Luan is Mohagany. Mohogany is very close to spanish cedar, even kind of smells the same. The only actual spanish cedar will be from all the cigar boxes. I know of a couple of shops that use the Luan in their humidors, and their cigars are just fine every time.

That's good to know, I was thinking of doing a closet. That would save alot of money and hasten my decision in starting.

Impressive project! :thumbs:

I was happy just to get a cooledor up and running. :laugh:

It is looking great atuck, can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks for posting and making us all disgustedly jealous. :p

I put in the shelves today. They are made of a good grade plywood and are 16" deep.

I went to get the humidifier to see how it would fit and I discovered that it was broken. The company is going to send me another one.

DSC01331.jpg

DSC01330.jpg

Man thats solid. Bummer about the humidifier...

Looks nice! However, won't that plywood eventually warp and split with the humidity?

The tile got put down today. I used a Mexican tile that will not be sealed so that it can hold humidity. We also finished up the drywall and painted.

DSC01332.jpg

DSC01334.jpg

Wow, nice project. It looks like you are moving along quickly. :thumbs:

So where does the fingerprint reader and retinal scanner go?

I echo the sentiments of everyone else thus far - this looks awesome, keep up the great work!

That is quite literally the things dreams are made out of....well, my dreams anyways :cool: .

2 questions: How many boxes will it hold and did you leave room to expand???

Looks awesome by the way!!!!