• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Project Walk-In

2 questions: How many boxes will it hold and did you leave room to expand???

There is plenty of room to expand. And I have no idea how many boxes it will hold. The humidor is way larger than I had originally planned. I stand in it and wonder WTF was I thinking? It is F'n huge. I can't wait to see all of my cigars in it. Then we will see how much expansion we can take.

Atuck's cigar storage. Why buy a new cooler. For just a couple of sticks, you can store them at Atucks.

I cannot believe the progress you are making on it!! Looks great!

Alan, that thing is awesome! Makes me drool, thinking about the possibilities for when I build my retirement home.

oh, HELL yeah!

Nice job... can't wait to see the fully stocked photos
:thumbs:

That's Fu(king Awesome! I think you will be suprised at how many cigars you really have when you start to fill it! Very cool brother! :thumbs:

It's looking good! How are you getting away with ignoring the rest of the room? Future draft pick? :whistling:

It's looking good! How are you getting away with ignoring the rest of the room? Future draft pick? :whistling:

Thanks. The whole room is getting done as well. If you look at the last pics I took you can see that the rest of the room got painted. This room will double as my new office and as Al's Parlour Cigar Room. There will be 100 yr old red leather couch and chairs, partial kitchen, built in desk, 42" plasma TV and a huge display of all my sick and twisted collectibles. This room may take a while to fine tune the way I want it but it will be useable shortly.

Here is what we got done today. A 2nd coat was put on the walls and ceiling and the tile for the rest of the room was installed. It is starting to come together now. :thumbs:

DSC01335.jpg

So, what touristy attactions are there in Victorville? I'm thinking of a trip, say, 2-3 months from now.

:sign:

Schweet!!! :thumbs:

How much to do me one ???

Brian

So, what touristy attactions are there in Victorville? I'm thinking of a trip, say, 2-3 months from now.

:sign:

This:

Thanks. The whole room is getting done as well. If you look at the last pics I took you can see that the rest of the room got painted. This room will double as my new office and as Al's Parlour Cigar Room. There will be 100 yr old red leather couch and chairs, partial kitchen, built in desk, 42" plasma TV and a huge display of all my sick and twisted collectibles. This room may take a while to fine tune the way I want it but it will be useable shortly.

What are the details (thickness, price, source) on the 'paneling' you used if you don't mind sharing?

Luan Paneling, $10 per sheet, Lowes
Does that explain why you used Luan and not Spanish Cedar paneling? I mean the Spanish Cedear paneling is about $70 a sheet. Looking good so far! Man, this is the ultimate humidor!

Looks nice! However, won't that plywood eventually warp and split with the humidity?

Shouldn't be too bad and if it does I am sure it's cheap enough to replace.

That is what I was thinking. ;) I may upgrade someday but right now I need to watch this humidor budget. :(
One thing to consider is that if you keep your cigars at 70%, that's not really "high humidity", most of us seem to keep them at 65%, which really is was less than most enviroments you find in your average garage. So I don't think you'll have a problem with warping to much at all with the plywood.

Here is a pic of where we are now. The outer humidor wall will be painted with another coat of a lighter shade of crackle paint. Also, not in the pic, are some track lighting that we installed yesterday. Next will be baseboards and a shelf all the way around the room so I can display all of my stuff. I am going today to buy a window shade of some sort. On Sunday, I have a guy coming over to install the Trion 800 smoke eater.

DSC01339.jpg

Very nice!!! Can't wait to see the room filled... how is your 360 panoramic skills?

Nothing else to say but AWESOME !!

It is something to be proud of Alan. Great job.

Impressive! Wish I had the space (AND the Cigars) for a walk-in humi. Enjoy, you deserve it after all that work.

I am definately impressed with the room. But I have to say I am even more impressed with how quickly you threw that sucka together. :thumbs: Simply WOW!