• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Puff N Stuff Special Edition Pepin Le Bijou

Guys, I'm finding that some of these didn't spend enough time in the drying room at the factory. Some fillers were at the right water content, some not. I tested some with my handy dandy Moisture Content meter and some showed as high as 22%. For those that don't know this, water content should be between 14% to about 18% and your 70 rh is what will hold whatever the water content is. So I was getting different flavor profiles from them. When I left them out un celloed for a while then dropped them in the humi for a couple of days the flavors were very consistent. On the ones I didn't do it with, some were very fruity, others very spicy, some a little young tasting. In other words these need to dry and marry for a bit. I think they would do well sitting low 60's for a little. The drier ones have the heavy fruit, while the wetter ones taste, ummm honestly kind of wet, the middle ones very spicy.

Al

Edited because I'm getting old and forgot something.

Thanks Al. Mine will be sitting for a few months anyway.

I received my two boxes this afternoon. The few that I have had so far from the first box have smoked very consistent. I did dry box each of them for a minimum of a day before smoking so that may have helped. Regardless, they have been very enjoyable and will no doubt only improve with age. Thanks again Al the great offering and for allowing us here at CP to have the first crack at them.

What Scott 1966 was talking about in the review section about R#2 is. It took me sampling about 80 cigars before I isolated what was going on. All of the boxes that had higher moisture were from rolling team #2 or R 2 on the bottom of the box. Not all were wet just some of them. Scott noticed it and he participated in my trials and left some out for a few days and said the profile changed dramatically, which is what happened with me. I am dealing with it on my end and only shipping boxes from rolling teams 1, 3 and 4 which are much more consistent. If you have any issues let me know and they will be taken care of promptly. By the way, can anyone tell me why The G$da%$ed Post Office charges me more to ship to Illinois that is 6 hours away vs. Nevada which is a 20 hour ride :laugh: and they wonder why they are going broke!

All of the boxes that had higher moisture were from rolling team #2 or R 2 on the bottom of the box.
Al...I checked my box and that little white sticker on the bottom was worn and not legible.

Do you think we have any chance of mold if we don't address this issue now should we have an R2 box?...or should we just let them sit a little longer to balance out like Khari suggests?

A box that hasn't completely dried from rolling is but a minor inconvenience. However, I would crack them to let them dry in the humi to avoid potential problems down the road. Mine were too dry but seem to be recovering nicely. I pulled the cedar and cracked the box. Smoked one yesterday and enjoyed it. I've learned some patience in letting cigars recover from shipping. It pays not to assume too much. ;)

All of the boxes that had higher moisture were from rolling team #2 or R 2 on the bottom of the box.
Al...I checked my box and that little white sticker on the bottom was worn and not legible.

Do you think we have any chance of mold if we don't address this issue now should we have an R2 box?...or should we just let them sit a little longer to balance out like Khari suggests?

No not at all, as was said in the next post just a minor inconvenience. It happens all the time. As a matter of fact I would say 6 out of ten boxes I receive are too wet. We are talking about a small amount of filler that is a little moister than the rest. It will even out and the flavors will finish marrying and live happily ever after. This is more commonly known as a sick period.
A

To be clear we are not talking about cigars that sat in a humidor at 85% for 6 months and are soaking wet. We are talking about a small amount of uneven drying during it's time in the drying room.

"This is one of the stongest smokes I've had in a long time." - thinde

I agree. It's also has great flavor. Nice combintation.

Thanks Al!

Well done.

Al, fwiw these look great, thanks again. I will be aging the box for quite a while I assume and smoking off that fiver. I also think the box is VERY nice looking, the presentation definitely catches the eye.

I was photographing Janny last night, and told her how much I love this cigar :)

~brooks

I couldn't resist after reading this thread, picked up a box and will hopefully see it Monday. Can't wait to try this one, I really enjoy the My Father in all its incarnations (that I've had). Thanks for making this available Al.

I couldn't resist after reading this thread, picked up a box and will hopefully see it Monday. Can't wait to try this one, I really enjoy the My Father in all its incarnations (that I've had). Thanks for making this available Al.

Thanks Joe

Just an update. We are down to the final 50 boxes that will shipped out of the store. So if you have been on the fence this is the last of them.

Al

Smoked another one yesterday, great cigar. Still young but they are gonna kick ass with age

Aloha Al,
Got a box thru Marvin...thanks!
Just wanted to congratulate you on an awesome release...they are tasty ROTT! Can't wait to see how they'll progress w/ some age.