• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad-state herf 2/18/06

Your killing me. My Father-in-Law's Birthday is that day. My Wife is the 19th and then my Dad is the 21st. Is someone picking these days based on when I can't go? I want to go as the ride is only and hour & half away. I'm trying to work out all the parties on Sunday. Bastids!

Edit: Trying to use English. :sign:

Diesel Grinch said:
Your killing me. My Father-in-Law is that day. My Wife is the 19th and then my Dad is the 21st. Is someone picking these days based on when I can't go? I want to go as the ride is only and hour & half away. I'm trying to work out all the parties on Sunday. Bastids!
[snapback]273855[/snapback]​

I'm not sure what your Father-in-Law is that day but if it's his birthday, you may want to bring him to the herf as a birthday gift from yourself........ :D :thumbs: :cool:

The 18th is MY birthday, so of course, the fiance wants to do what I want to do.....hmmm....

smokelaw1 said:
The 18th is MY birthday, so of course, the fiance wants to do what I want to do.....hmmm....
[snapback]274538[/snapback]​

So I take it we'll be meeting your fiance? :laugh:

Shibumi said:
smokelaw1 said:

[snapback]274773[/snapback]​

I was gonna say the same thing Jeff, you might as well break her in early so she gets use too one of your hobbies...... :D :thumbs: :cool:

stogieman said:
Shibumi said:
smokelaw1 said:

[snapback]274773[/snapback]​

I was gonna say the same thing Jeff, you might as well break her in early so she gets use too one of your hobbies...... :D :thumbs: :cool:
[snapback]274828[/snapback]​

She's getting pretty used to cigars. I don't smoke in the house, and she doesn't ever make me watch reality TV. Seems like a fair trade. She hates the hobby, but bought me a Davidoff at a friends wedding, and a PAM the day I passed the bar, and a Padron 1926 the day we got engaged...all in all, not so bad.
Still, though, she would rather cut off her own thumbs thang hang out at a Herf. i was thinking maybe we'll do a NYC weekend, visit some family (Battery Park City), and then I'd head out....maybe...we'll see. I could head up to the Davidoff Store on Madison first to get some domestics.

I'll let you all know.

Editted becauze I kant spel gud.

hudsonvalley said:
Still, though, she would rather cut off her own thumbs thang hang out at a Herf
Two words:

Woodbury Common is fifteen minutes from the herf.
[snapback]274878[/snapback]​

Good call! She loves heading up to Woodbury. We've been a few times. Nothing like outdoor shopping malls in Mid February!

I'm working on it!

Actually, now that I look at a map, it's only about 1.5 hours (less if I drive quickly) from my house. Is there a nice (really nice) hotel in the area? Perhaps a place where a young woman could be treated to an afternoon/early evening series of spa treatments?

anxiously awaiting the time. i have to prep the wife. since this is my first herf, is there a collection, cover charge or is pretty much order on your own and mingle?

getting excited to meet fellow cigar nuts...er...I mean aficionado ;) :thumbs:

No cover or anything, sirius. Just show up.

I confirmed it today at Schlesingers that they will open the bar up for us two hours early that Sat.

Begins at 2:30, gentlemen.

siriusstoogie said:
anxiously awaiting the time. i have to prep the wife. since this is my first herf, is there a collection, cover charge or is pretty much order on your own and mingle?

getting excited to meet fellow cigar nuts...er...I mean aficionado ;) :thumbs:
[snapback]275044[/snapback]​

Sirius,

Bring cigars to smoke and trade.
I personally will be bringing a box to share with my BOTLs!
I am thinking about bringing a bomb for someone too!

Everybody else... I am interested in trading/purchasing for WOAMs, 1926s (nat and/or maddie, and any ISOM. Oh and Opus As would be nice :sign: .

I am very much looking forward to this!

-Rob

hudsonvalley said:
I confirmed it today at Schlesingers that they will open the bar up for us two hours early that Sat.

Begins at 2:30, gentlemen.
[snapback]275079[/snapback]​

Good to go Tom, I'll update the other boards that I posted the herf on as well. As this gets a bit closer (in a couple of weeks), we'll do a head count to get an idea of how many folks will be showing up......... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Hey Rob, I have a WOAN. But YOU can't have it!! :laugh: Needs more time.

Smokelaw1, how about Mohonk Mountain. She'll love it there.

Shibumi said:
[snapback]275196[/snapback]​
The massuese there is the sh)t. There is a brand new spa up there, too. And in Pine Bush there is the Pineapple Day Spa. And in Middletown there is the Botanical Day Spa. But Saturday appointments fill up early, she says.

But my girlfriend will be there for the start of it (she loves cigars).

:p
Shibumi said:
Hey Rob, I have a WOAN. But YOU can't have it!! :laugh: Needs more time.

[snapback]275196[/snapback]​

Hmmm, wonder where you got that WOAN from Jeff?! :p
And, I said WOAM! :D

Charlie and Tom... If you need any help at all let me know! If I can pitch in I sure will.

-Rob

rob300c said:
Charlie and Tom... If you need any help at all let me know! If I can pitch in I sure will.

-Rob
[snapback]275255[/snapback]​

Thanks Rob and if there is we'll let you know......... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Well BOTL / SOTL, I think it's time to start a list of folks that are thinkin' about showing up. Some of us would like to know so we can jump on the surprise gift thing and make sure we get it right....... :D :thumbs: :p

Also, we can let the folks at Schlesingers know as well for an estimate of head count...... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: