• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad State Herf & Cigar B Que 17 - August 13, 2022

Amazing weekend! Wish I took more pics and felt a little better.

For starters we all can’t thank Charlie @stogieman and Beth enough for everything they have done for this event for so many years! I’m sad but also happy you get to relax now! Hope to see you again soon and when in NH dinners on me.

As every other year it was great to spend time with all the regulars from CP. The generosity of the men and women I’ve met from this site shocks me more and more each and every year. Along with all the guys not here on the forums.

@thechenman
@thinde
@ironpeddler
@LightThis!
@setinstone
@Nashkicker
@Bayamos
@tone-ny
@thefatguy
@thedon
@dieslgrinch

And to the newbies @jfields and @CigarStone it was great meeting you and thank you for everything!

There is a bunch of guys missing from this picture but it’s still a goodie!

2DA5B142-A42B-4FFD-97A4-0D53FE0C6AC9.jpeg

Dave Chen typically shocks us all and then this year he brings this and passes it around like an IPA! Crazy. Thank you again sir! Once in a lifetime experience.

8F7ACA1B-56A7-4334-A88E-098BCD808563.jpeg

We cooked a lot of food Friday all day and Saturday morning so this is just a sample.

B7C08BC9-02CB-4283-827B-AFDA0A5964CB.jpeg
1770319A-A96F-4916-9130-C1B5F67B8087.jpeg
4ED0433E-AD5B-4C97-A877-5338F6865A86.jpeg01F292A8-ED4C-444B-8522-B9E0072516D6.jpeg41CBA3A9-E4D0-4049-A638-F9E4364E9E37.jpeg
@CigarStone did you or @ironpeddler get a picture of the Venison you made? Simply amazing thank you again!

Lots of cigars were smoked and a real lot of drinks were consumed. I’m not sure any event will every top what the QSHerf was each and every year but I look forward to seeing what’s next.

Thanks for all the memories everyone!

Cheers,
TP

Amazing weekend! Wish I took more pics and felt a little better.

For starters we all can’t thank Charlie @stogieman and Beth enough for everything they have done for this event for so many years! I’m sad but also happy you get to relax now! Hope to see you again soon and when in NH dinners on me.

As every other year it was great to spend time with all the regulars from CP. The generosity of the men and women I’ve met from this site shocks me more and more each and every year. Along with all the guys not here on the forums.

@thechenman
@thinde
@ironpeddler
@LightThis!
@setinstone
@Nashkicker
@Bayamos
@tone-ny
@thefatguy
@thedon
@dieslgrinch

And to the newbies @jfields and @CigarStone it was great meeting you and thank you for everything!

There is a bunch of guys missing from this picture but it’s still a goodie!

View attachment 59317

Dave Chen typically shocks us all and then this year he brings this and passes it around like an IPA! Crazy. Thank you again sir! Once in a lifetime experience.

View attachment 59318

We cooked a lot of food Friday all day and Saturday morning so this is just a sample.

View attachment 59319
View attachment 59325
View attachment 59320View attachment 59321View attachment 59322
@CigarStone did you or @ironpeddler get a picture of the Venison you made? Simply amazing thank you again!

Lots of cigars were smoked and a real lot of drinks were consumed. I’m not sure any event will every top what the QSHerf was each and every year but I look forward to seeing what’s next.

Thanks for all the memories everyone!

Cheers,
TP
I didn't. Its usually presented a little fancier but under the conditions it just got thrown on a plate.

Glad you enjoyed!

Last night, a guy named biggie, for good reason, took some trash bags to the dumpster and didn't realize the bear was standing right next to him. John saw the bear and came and got me and a flashlight.

When John told biggie, and showed him the video, Biggie's eyes got as big as saucers!

John @jfields might be able to send the video, it was pretty hilarious!

Last edited:
Last night, a guy named biggie, for good reason, took some trash bags to the dumpster and didn't realize the bear was standing right next to him. John saw the bear and came and got me and a flashlight.

When John told biggie, and showed him the video, Biggie's eyes got as big as saucers!

@jfields twxt me the video! Are you sure Biggie wasn’t the Bear you are talking about!

@jfields twxt me the video! Are you sure Biggie wasn’t the Bear you are talking about!
Biggie thought someone had left trash bags on the ground outside the dumpster. I knew cigar smokers don’t do dumb shit like that, so I went and got my flashlight. When I explained to Biggie that he had unwittingly walked up on a bear in the dark who was enjoying a late night snack….. The bear had jimmied the dumpster door open and started pulling bags of leftover BBQ out.
As soon as I said that could have gone two ways. The bear gets upset and doesn’t take kindly to someone taking his food. Or, he just walks away to come back later. 50/50 shot!

When I told him that as he was watching the video of a 275 -300 lb bear, his eyes were wide as saucers and his mouth was hanging open.

CABDC9F3-B019-430E-8264-7C5AF152F06B.png

Biggie thought someone had left trash bags on the ground outside the dumpster. I knew cigar smokers don’t do dumb shit like that, so I went and got my flashlight. When I explained to Biggie that he had unwittingly walked up on a bear in the dark who was enjoying a late night snack….. The bear had jimmied the dumpster door open and started pulling bags of leftover BBQ out.
As soon as I said that could have gone two ways. The bear gets upset and doesn’t take kindly to someone taking his food. Or, he just walks away to come back later. 50/50 shot!

When I told him that as he was watching the video of a 275 -300 lb bear, his eyes were wide as saucers and his mouth was hanging open.

View attachment 59338
It was priceless to see!
1660519659405.png

Take a look at post number 61 in this thread, and see if you can figure out which one Biggie is?

@stogieman Charlie, the weekend was awesome! Thank you so for all the work you and Beth have done over the years. As a veteran, I was especially touched by the emphasis that you put on veteran and law enforcement!

The weather was incredible! The company was incredible! The food was incredible!

Thank you!

View attachment 59394
True testament to these Yeti coolers. I put frozen bottles of water in the cooler before I filled it with food and I left last Thursday. They’re still half frozen.
I did the same, plus some fresh and frozen food , no ice, and my bottles were still half frozen. If you can get the cooler cold before you pack it, it's even more amazing!

I am heading out on another camping trip with the family tomorrow and these coolers are a life saver. Otherwise someone has to go to town every day to get ice. Now I just say "no thanks, I'm good"

I got a kick out of the different way people pack/prepared for the event.

Someone in our cabin brought a portable ice maker ..... brilliant for mixed drinks.

@Tall Paul brought a big Blackstone grill and WAS THE MAN!

@ironpeddler Gary didn't bring shit and made me rent my chair back from him! Just kidding .... I love ya brother!

Some people brought nothing more than the dominoes table and the shelter for over the dominoes table.😁

John and I debated on who would bring the Nespresso, I didn't have room, so Saturday morning someone saw @jfields walk out of our cabin with a mug of coffee and said "WTF dude! You have coffee?" John said "would you like me to make you an espresso?" People went nuts and John spent the next 30 minutes making espresso.

I met two really cool guys from "ASH-HOLES" cigar club who had a dining fly, chairs, plenty to drink, and nothing else ...... but we had a lot of fun together!

And then there was Kristopher with his Mercedes motor home!