• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Quad State Herf V - Feb 27th, 2010

Charlie, a thousand thanks for the effort and the hard work you did for the BOTL's and on behalf of the great cause of the Wounded Warrior Foundation. Couldn't imagine a better excuse to get together with the brothers and smoke, other than to get together and smoke....:laugh:

So many new friends, so much fun despite some really lousy luck with weather and the utilities company. Of course, my long time friend LouieD came through and it's always a pleasure to see you, Lou. Khari, IronPeddler, and Anthony, IronPeddler's son were my fellow Day's Inn lodgers. Brothers, it made the trip. Thanks so much for the ground transportation, the laughs, and the great times. You guys are what "BOTL" means and it made lousy luck with the logistics fade into memory.

Last but a long, long way from least, Israel and the wonderful folks at Uptown Cigar went out of their way, two days in a row, and made many BOTL's feel right at home. The food was great, the beverages plentiful and flowing, and awesome smokes were smoked and traded. Just incredible; above and beyond. You guys really came through and I appreciate it tremendously. I could try to name all the BOTL's I met up at Israel's but I'd for sure forget someone and that's the least of my intentions. A thousand thanks to all guys I met for the great times....:thumbs:

Soooo.......the end of the story is that my flight home got canceled...!! Yes, the lovely Day's Inn and I aren't quite done yet. I get to begin my journey home tomorrow so a day of power lounging and hanging out is what's in store. Good thing I have some smokes...!!...:laugh:

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

Who was that a-hole in the blue jacket? :whistling:

Wow, had a real nice time!
Thanks to all the sponsors and especially Charlie (for losing his voice, yet again!)
Thanks to all the generous brothers and especially to Floyd for making the long trip and sharing a dram of his PVW!

I am glad I cleaned up on the raffles!
I came for the ashtray and the ashtray I got !
The box of Añejos, the box of CAO Brazilias, the box of the new La Aroma de Cuba blend, the 3 travel humis, the two finger case with lighter, the cigar sampler (Thanks Khari!), the Lotus CAO lighter, the shirt, the coffee and the hat were all gravy!
Red tickets FTW! :D

Sorry Isy, but Kingston is just too damn far for me.
One of my days I'll drag my ass up there!
How'd those cigars you won taste?

Hope everyone made it home safe!

-Rob

...and Gary (Ironpeddler) who now owes me a scotch. :laugh:

Dude, that was so friggin' funny!

Many thanks for pulling it all together, Charlie. I had a blast at the Meadowbrook outside, then later at Uptown Cigar. Big thanks to Isy and Diane as well for putting up with all of us.

Had an awesome time meeting all you guys and Gary,I think I drank the last of the Scotch :D You guys really made me feel welcome like I have been hanging out with you for years and BBS, Gary, Christian,Jay, etc. all encouraged me to be a more active member here which I have every intention of doing. Thanks again, ESPECIALLY to Charlie!

What a great time we had! Thank you all for coming here for the two days of great conversation, food, smokes, and people. It was great to see old faces and meet many new ones....especially those who came from so far. Floyd...Thanks for braving the snow all the way from KY and thank you for the INCREDIBLE Bourbons you shared with me. Thanks also to Tom for driving through the blizzard all the way from Philly. It was great to FINALLY meet Khari....been to long, brother. And Lou, Gary, Anthony, Sam, Andy.....it was so awesome to have you guys here. We should be hanging out mor often since we're so live in relatively close proximity. Let me know when we're going to Uncle Lou's, Gary. With Andy being out west and all, I didn't expect to see him at all. Thanks Andy. Christian, Jay, Pito, Jesus, Uncle Jorge.....what can I say? You guys are da bomb. Always a party chillin wih you guys. Thank all you for the great time and your generosity! Let's do this again sooner, rather than later.

p.s. Thanks for the phenomenal effort on your part Charlie. We spoke this morning and I'd like to reiterate that even with the weather screwing us up, we all accomplished what you set out to do, which is to raise money for the Wounded Warriors. You did it, brother....and then some. Great job and I hope you're able go back into your house real soon, bro.

WAIT! How could I forget Steve?!?! Or Scott?!?! Great meeting you as well, guys. I'm sure I'm leaving someone out, so I do apologize. Once again, Thank you ALL!

wow another year with a good time. we pull up to the lot and were like wow why so many people in the parking lot, i thought i was at a giants tailgate.
raffles in the loat, food at hudson, drinks at isy's; what a good day.
Khari thanks for the smoke,
BB awesome that you made it down
Floyd cool meeting you sir
the rest of the guys that i got to meet again lets do it again soon.
all those who had to start their journeys home today have a safe trip.

Rob...we all hate you!
sign.gif

Jay, i will find a way to get you back

Indoors, outdoors, Schlingers, Uptown, no matter where it was, started or ended last night it was a great time. Thanks again Charlie for all your hard work get get things straightebed out and all of us inside. Isreal you are the man, what a great time at your place, I just wish I was able to stay a little longer but duty called. We really do need to get together more often.

It was great to see everybody again this year and to finally meet BBS, and to all my other "local boy's" we really need to get together more often, especially since we all have met each other now.....

Sam

Thanks Charlie for pulling it all together. Hope everything is okay at the homestead. Great to see everyone and meet those I didn't. As always, I loved putting faces with names. And Isy, thnx for the hospitality at Uptown. Special thanks to Scott for the ride to the airport EARLY this morning

I can't begin to tell you what a great bunch all of you are. What a blast. As it was mentioned, Once the bond of friendship is made by meeting each other face to face, the brotherhood of the leaf takes on a whole new meaning. Hope to see some of you noreasters on the left side soon.

Big thanks to Charlie for organizing another successful event! You managed to make the most of what was available.

Thanks also to all the sponsors and attendees that made it such a good time! It was great seeing old friends and making new ones.

My only regret was not being able to spend more time with the folks that ending up breaking for Uptown. Kingston just wasn't in the cards for us city folk that needed to get home at a reasonable hour. Happy to hear everyone had a good time up at Isy's!

As many of you know, Rob crushed the raffle. Please stay alert in the event he starts creating lots of threads in the Retailer section... :0 :p

Charlie thanks for the awesome HERF. Thanks to Izzy for his hospitality and to Schlesingers for taking in a bunch of people on last minute notice. Also many thanks to all the sponsors for their donations. But most important thanks to all the BOTLs who made it to the event. You guys once again prove that no matter the venue, the food, the weather, the choice of cigars ... etc etc it is the company that makes the HERF !!!!!

It was great seeing everyone......too many names to start mentioning.

GREAT JOB CHARLIE!!!! You are the MASTER!!

Charlie, nice job again. It takes a special person to put together such an event and despite the weather I had a great time. You da man! Is you always come through as the #1 host and Uptown was hopping! Khari, Floyd, and Gary it was great to finally meet you brothers in person. Floyd the Pappy is my drink and you certainly had my cup overflowing with the stuff. Khari thanks again for the smoke as it's one of my favorites. ALWAYS great to hang with Bronx crew and we gotta meet up more for sure brothers, I already have plans in the works. Scott it is was a pleasure to meet you and share some cigars and drinks. Andy seeing you is like old times in N.O. and wait until we get together in Cali bro. Ready for the next HERF!

Charlie, nice job again. It takes a special person to put together such an event and despite the weather I had a great time. You da man! Is you always come through as the #1 host and Uptown was hopping! Khari, Floyd, and Gary it was great to finally meet you brothers in person. Floyd the Pappy is my drink and you certainly had my cup overflowing with the stuff. Khari thanks again for the smoke as it's one of my favorites. ALWAYS great to hang with Bronx crew and we gotta meet up more for sure brothers, I already have plans in the works. Scott it is was a pleasure to meet you and share some cigars and drinks. Andy seeing you is like old times in N.O. and wait until we get together in Cali bro. Ready for the next HERF!
DSC00326-1.jpg

Khari, Jason (jayro75), Christian (EricDriscoll), and Floyd (SKYDIVNEKD)

I want to thank Charlie for doing his best in a bad situation making sure everyone was happy. :thumbs: I hung out at Hudson Valley a minute before going to Uptown where Isy made us feel at home. Thanks Isy and everyone at Uptown great hospitality as always.. :thumbs:
It was great smoking with all who where there and meeting new faces great conversations. :cool:
pics to come soon :D
DSC00330.jpg

Jesus (MOBIG) and Me (ironpeddler)

Charlie, a thousand thanks for the effort and the hard work you did for the BOTL's and on behalf of the great cause of the Wounded Warrior Foundation. Couldn't imagine a better excuse to get together with the brothers and smoke, other than to get together and smoke....:laugh:

So many new friends, so much fun despite some really lousy luck with weather and the utilities company. Of course, my long time friend LouieD came through and it's always a pleasure to see you, Lou. Khari, IronPeddler, and Anthony, IronPeddler's son were my fellow Day's Inn lodgers. Brothers, it made the trip. Thanks so much for the ground transportation, the laughs, and the great times. You guys are what "BOTL" means and it made lousy luck with the logistics fade into memory.

Last but a long, long way from least, Israel and the wonderful folks at Uptown Cigar went out of their way, two days in a row, and made many BOTL's feel right at home. The food was great, the beverages plentiful and flowing, and awesome smokes were smoked and traded. Just incredible; above and beyond. You guys really came through and I appreciate it tremendously. I could try to name all the BOTL's I met up at Israel's but I'd for sure forget someone and that's the least of my intentions. A thousand thanks to all guys I met for the great times....:thumbs:

Soooo.......the end of the story is that my flight home got canceled...!! Yes, the lovely Day's Inn and I aren't quite done yet. I get to begin my journey home tomorrow so a day of power lounging and hanging out is what's in store. Good thing I have some smokes...!!...:laugh:

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.
DSC00312.jpg

Anthony Roberti (NOT toneny...lol), Khari Mayfield (khari), Gary Roberti (ironpeddler), and Tom Larsen (BlindedbyScience) standing out front of the Days Inn...smokin', bullshittin', and drinkin' until 3AM

DSC00325.jpg

Khari (khari), Mike Moris (northernmoris), Mike's friend Alesio, Tom (BlindedbyScience), Mike's friend Gary, Anthony R, and Lou (LouieD)

What a great time we had! Thank you all for coming here for the two days of great conversation, food, smokes, and people. It was great to see old faces and meet many new ones....especially those who came from so far. Floyd...Thanks for braving the snow all the way from KY and thank you for the INCREDIBLE Bourbons you shared with me. Thanks also to Tom for driving through the blizzard all the way from Philly. It was great to FINALLY meet Khari....been to long, brother. And Lou, Gary, Anthony, Sam, Andy.....it was so awesome to have you guys here. We should be hanging out more often since we're so live in relatively close proximity. Let me know when we're going to Uncle Lou's, Gary. With Andy being out west and all, I didn't expect to see him at all. Thanks Andy. Christian, Jay, Pito, Jesus, Uncle Jorge.....what can I say? You guys are da bomb. Always a party chillin with you guys. Thank all you for the great time and your generosity! Let's do this again sooner, rather than later.

p.s. Thanks for the phenomenal effort on your part Charlie. We spoke this morning and I'd like to reiterate that even with the weather screwing us up, we all accomplished what you set out to do, which is to raise money for the Wounded Warriors. You did it, brother....and then some. Great job and I hope you're able go back into your house real soon, bro.

WAIT! How could I forget Steve?!?! Or Scott?!?! Great meeting you as well, guys. I'm sure I'm leaving someone out, so I do apologize. Once again, Thank you ALL!
DSC00308.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

l to r...Khari, Anthony R, the back of Jason's head (with Male Pattern Baldness setting in!), Tom (BBS), Scott (ScottW), Andy (covered up), and Christian Aliperti (The Cigar Rights in American Ambassador #175966...oy vey!)

Thanks Charlie for pulling it all together. Hope everything is okay at the homestead. Great to see everyone and meet those I didn't. As always, I loved putting faces with names. And Isy, thnx for the hospitality at Uptown. Special thanks to Scott for the ride to the airport EARLY this morning

I can't begin to tell you what a great bunch all of you are. What a blast. As it was mentioned, Once the bond of friendship is made by meeting each other face to face, the brotherhood of the leaf takes on a whole new meaning. Hope to see some of you noreasters on the left side soon.
DSC00332.jpg

Andy (Cigar Man Andy) and Chris (Diesel Grinch)

Charlie, You're the Man!

We all had a great time and are happy to support such a great cause that you hold so close to your heart. This year's herf is the kinda stuff stories are made of my friend!

Thanks from all of us...

DSC00318.jpg

Charlie (stogieman) taking charge!
DSC00317.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

Mike Moris (northernmoris), John Conroy (Altadis Rep), and Anthony Roberti (my son). They won the Altadis drawing for those two cool ash trays
DSC00324-1.jpg