• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Question for you Tat lovers.

Humidor Minister

I was smoking a Tat Reserva tonight(Fantastic cigar BTW) I noticed on the black & gold band it had a J and the number 21 below it. I was wondering what the significance of this was if any. It was a 48x5ish if that helps. Thanks.

Thanks very much. That is one great cigar. Very nice full flavor. It was rolled tight but had a very full smoke with lots of earthy, spicy flavor. The ash was a dark grey and very solid. This wonderful cigar smoked perfectly from beginning to end. Definitely not a cigar for mild cigar lovers. Smoke you can spread like butter. Thanks again for the link. :thumbs:

The Reserva J21 is an awesome cigar and my favorite Tat. The aged Ligero wrapper leaf is very unique.

Not sure your going to find a specific answer on this one, but besides what's on vitolas.net this is what I got:

"I have seen a number of explanations for this moniker, from 21 being Pete’s favorite number or 21 being the number of people in his family. Whatever the 21 stands for it seem that most agree the “J” is for Johnson."

I'm really beginning to enjoy Tat's more and more. I've got a box of Noella's on the way and I'm trying to decide between a box of J21's or the 2006's (*cough* box split?)

The J21 is hands down one of my favorite Tats! After I had my first one I bought a box, that is how good I thought they were.

J 21 is a great smoke, i am waiting on a box that i ordered to come in as we speak, and today I just got a box of Regios Reserva in the mail. I am on such a tat kick these days.

I thought the J21 was an excellent smoke, my favorite so far. I just purchased a few RC233... Need at least 2 hours for these guy

Agree with all of the above. I went ahead and bought a box of J21's as a birthday present to myself back in March. I'll be damned half of them are gone already. Just wish they were cheaper!

I just came from a Tatuaje Event and hung out with Pete Johnson he is a super good guy and has a great line of cigars. Once you go Tat you dont go back .

I'm fairly certain I smoked one of these bad boys before... I remember not liking it, for some reason. I've had a pretty bad track record with Tats, but I am still open to trying more out. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind eventually, I do have a tat frank resting :)

This is the cigar that turned me into a "tat-whore". One of the B&M's I got to had a bunch of the Conoju 2003's. I had my first one of those, and my recommendation is if you haven't had one yet, I would definitely try one.

PS anyone that wants to spit a box of J21's PM I am always down

Others have had the same experience. I would just say give it another chance down the road. As much as I love tats and J21's I'll get the occasional dud...

I'm fairly certain I smoked one of these bad boys before... I remember not liking it, for some reason. I've had a pretty bad track record with Tats, but I am still open to trying more out. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind eventually, I do have a tat frank resting :)

This is the cigar that turned me into a "tat-whore". One of the B&M's I got to had a bunch of the Conoju 2003's. I had my first one of those, and my recommendation is if you haven't had one yet, I would definitely try one.

PS anyone that wants to spit a box of J21's PM I am always down

I just had my first 03 last night. I have to agree with you and I would recommend it to anyone. It is something I am going to have to have again.

Others have had the same experience. I would just say give it another chance down the road. As much as I love tats and J21's I'll get the occasional dud...

i had the same experience with the J21. I did not enjoy it, it was nothing special. I thought to myself that it had to be a dud. I will give it another shot some day.

If you can get yours hands on a Regio Reserva, grab it, so far I think it is my favorite

If you can get yours hands on a Regio Reserva, grab it, so far I think it is my favorite

What a great cigar the regio reserva is. I bought 10 in one of spivy gb and since picked up a full box on my own. I am smoking one right now as I type this. I love these sticks!!