• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Recent Purchases

Been on a bit of a bender the last couple weeks, and picked these up thanks to some fine CP brothers! :thumbs:

My budget is now officially beyond shot. :laugh:
Justin, if you like Dog Fish Head, have you had the 60, 90, or *gasp!* 120 minute IPAs?

I am a huge hop head but an aged 120 is one of my all time favorite beers. The hops are virtually gone and it is a huge, sweet glass of fuking bliss that is more like Utopias than any IPA I have ever had.

The crazy part about this beer is that the hops are almost completely gone @ 6 months. It is just so high in alcohol and malt sugars that the hops are eaten up quickly.

I am a huge hop head but an aged 120 is one of my all time favorite beers. The hops are virtually gone and it is a huge, sweet glass of fuking bliss that is more like Utopias than any IPA I have ever had.

The crazy part about this beer is that the hops are almost completely gone @ 6 months. It is just so high in alcohol and malt sugars that the hops are eaten up quickly.

Sounds like I need to go pick up some 120 and lay them down for a while. Have you tried aging the 90 too Jonas?

Sounds like I need to go pick up some 120 and lay them down for a while. Have you tried aging the 90 too Jonas?

The only aged 90 I have had was a year old and it settled down a bit but not nearly as much as the 120. The 120 is just in a world of its own due to the extreme ABV.

Picked up one of each
  • Ola Dubh Special 12 Reserve
  • Ola Dubh Special 16 Reserve

Went to my local shop today for the first time in a couple weeks and they had some new goodies. Picked up a sixer each of:

Old Viscosity
Collaboration not Litigation
Allagash FOUR

Drinking one of the Old Viscosity right now and it is every bit as good as I remembered.

A St. Pauli Girls Non- Alcoholic... :( yes, sad but true, even though I told myself I would never drink that crap.... it's good practice though keep your tastebuds tuned up.

I picked up a special variety 12 pack of Sam Adams winter seasonal beers last week. The Holiday Porter was excellent as well as the Old Fezziwig and the Winter Ale. It had a Cranberry Lambic in it that was not so good though...tasted like a sweet wine. And the Cream Stout wasn't that great either. I love stouts but that one was a little too bitter for my tastes and wasn't very "creamy".

Picked up a bottle of Allagash Black...can't wait to try this Belgium Style Stout! :thumbs:

I also picked up this today:
gallery_6182_366_3045.jpg

• Old Woody
  • Poseidon Imperial Stout
  • De Dolle Extra Export Stout
  • Firestone Eleventh Anni

Picked up a bottle of Allagash Black...can't wait to try this Belgium Style Stout! :thumbs:

I also picked up this today:

• Old Woody
  • Poseidon Imperial Stout
  • De Dolle Extra Export Stout
  • Firestone Eleventh Anni

I've got a bottle of the Firestone 11 heading my way. I'm really looking forward to it.
The 10 was probably my top beer of 2007. My Mom just moved from Buellton where they have their taproom.
I lost my Firestone and Hitching Post Pinot Noir connection :angry:

I picked up a sixer of Sierra Nevada porter a couple days ago, and the damn thing's almost gone already! Good stuff.

I swung by the B&M after work tonight, and there were no cigars that really caught my eye, so I grabbed a four-pack of Saxo and a 750 mL of St. Bernardus Tripel instead. I haven't had the Saxo before, but the Bernardus Tripel is one of my favorites.

After drinking one of the Old Viscosity the other day and remembering just how amazing it is, I went and bought the rest of the case my shop had. :D

Anybody know of a good place in DC to visit to find beer and scotch? The few places I walked by in Georgetown and by Dupont Circle didn't really have much of a selection.

Anybody know of a good place in DC to visit to find beer and scotch? The few places I walked by in Georgetown and by Dupont Circle didn't really have much of a selection.

I'd try PMing BobbyRitz for the scotch. As far as the beer goes, can't help ya.

Had to go out of town for work this morning, so I swung by the most promising sounding shop on BA while there and picked up two 750s of Chimay white, a six pack of O'Dell Cutthroat Porter, a four pack each of Goose Island Matilda and Pere Jacques, and a bottle of Lagavulin. I'm not sure what I will sample first, as they all sound pretty good.

Had to go out of town for work this morning, so I swung by the most promising sounding shop on BA while there and picked up two 750s of Chimay white, a six pack of O'Dell Cutthroat Porter, a four pack each of Goose Island Matilda and Pere Jacques, and a bottle of Lagavulin. I'm not sure what I will sample first, as they all sound pretty good.

How bout try them all and take tomorrow off ;)

How bout try them all and take tomorrow off ;)

Hah! That is both a wonderful and a terrible idea. I'm thinking that I will try one each of the porter and the geese. And I may bust open that Lagavulin for a night cap. :love:

I found a new shop.......

1000283dz1.jpg

1000284dr4.jpg

1000285in6.jpg

Allagash, GI Bourbon County, Founders Kentucky Bourbon Stout, Hopslam, Big Eddy RIS, Trappist 10, Chimay Premiere, I forget the rest..... Made a new friend there. Jen, the beer diva :love: Exactly what her business card says. A cougar who loves beer. This could get interesting.

Allagash, GI Bourbon County, Founders Kentucky Bourbon Stout, Hopslam, Big Eddy RIS, Trappist 10, Chimay Premiere, I forget the rest..... Made a new friend there. Jen, the beer diva :love: Exactly what her business card says. A cougar who loves beer. This could get interesting.

Great googily moogily!