• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Request your input for Cigar Pass Insurance

What Do You Think Should Happen With Cigar Pass Insurance?

• Total voters
As will I Rod... Let's get rid of the POS, and I'm sure the BOTLs here will help any pass in need. Anyways, the cigars from what I saw were mostly mediocre, definitely not enough to cover a lost Behike, 1966, Gran Reserva, and Millennium.

I think a lot of us would help out, I know I would. Hopefully this is just a misunderstanding. I don't know him, but most of the S/BOTL I know are trustworthy and honorable.

Agreed. As a community, I know most of us would pitch in if need be. No need for CPI at this point. Besides, I'd hate someone to bid up cigars that we don't even know where maintained properly. Based upon his lack of concern or communication, I doubt they're still in good condition.

Emo has been banned. What a disappointed he's turned out to be.

This is really sad. Emo was one of the first people that helped and welcomed me when I showed up here. I was hoping this would work out much better than it seems to be....

Tim

A very unfortunate way to end this. The really frustrating thing is that this was 100% preventable, if only a little communication could have happened.

I'll allow him to appeal. He knows how to contact me. Very unfortunate turn of events...

I'll allow him to appeal. He knows how to contact me. Very unfortunate turn of events...

Please keep us posted if he does finally contact you back.

I know I'm not alone on wanting to know what his reasoning has been.

Thanks Paul

There can only be one reason for the lack of communication...............lack of the cigars :whistling: .

After reading more posts, I realize I am premature in my judgement and apologize for my statement.

I will give a military brother the benefit of the doubt until such time as he is proven guilty.

Edited to add above statement.

I was curious really what the guys that had bought into this insurance wanted done with the cigars seeing as how I read the fine print as it would only cover their passes. When this first came up last October I looked back at the list and really only recognised a couple names.

So I wanted to see who still even posts here or at least logs in. This is what I came up with and i was really surprised that so many were gone.

Board
EmoDx Banned
Shadow Mar 26 2008
JoeM Couldn't Find

Members
Paragod Apr. 21 2009
Gr8full2day Sept. 1 2010
Hbooker Dec.4 2009
Vikder July 28 2003
RobbMT Nov. 28 2011
Big Slim JR Couldn't Find
Tim Hampton --
Vern Mar. 2 2007
Rod Today 3:50am EST
Texcigar --
K.Steneson Couldn't Find
DaveWF Banned
Allofus123 Couldn't Find
GilV Dec. 24 2011
DarrenR July 21 2009
Macattack Couldn't Find
Bobbyson1a April 7 2009
Geldor Couldn't Find
Tremayne Couldn't Find
CoventryCat Banned
CalixEros July 17 2009
BigJake6904 Today 1:06am EST

All in all 95% of the members in this group are gone for one reason or another. My recent thoughts on this I am really wondering what happened to this Emodx fella. I just hope that nothing tragic happened that is keeping him from posting or checking his email. I hope everything is atleast ok with him and his family and this is just him giving CP the cold shoulder.

Being 28 and not being part of this board back in 2004 when CPI was started I am really surprised that there was no address list of members with phone numbers that was shared with the members. Now a Days the few passes I have joined in the host has asked for my contact info including my phone number. This I think should be common practice with all passes to avoid problems like this.

Just my 2 cents.

Paul

I was curious really what the guys that had bought into this insurance wanted done with the cigars seeing as how I read the fine print as it would only cover their passes. When this first came up last October I looked back at the list and really only recognised a couple names.

So I wanted to see who still even posts here or at least logs in. This is what I came up with and i was really surprised that so many were gone.

Board
EmoDx Banned
Shadow Mar 26 2008
JoeM Couldn't Find

Members
Paragod Apr. 21 2009
Gr8full2day Sept. 1 2010
Hbooker Dec.4 2009
Vikder July 28 2003
RobbMT Nov. 28 2011
Big Slim JR Couldn't Find
Tim Hampton --
Vern Mar. 2 2007
Rod Today 3:50am EST
Texcigar --
K.Steneson Couldn't Find
DaveWF Banned
Allofus123 Couldn't Find
GilV Dec. 24 2011
DarrenR July 21 2009
Macattack Couldn't Find
Bobbyson1a April 7 2009
Geldor Couldn't Find
Tremayne Couldn't Find
CoventryCat Banned
CalixEros July 17 2009
BigJake6904 Today 1:06am EST

All in all 95% of the members in this group are gone for one reason or another. My recent thoughts on this I am really wondering what happened to this Emodx fella. I just hope that nothing tragic happened that is keeping him from posting or checking his email. I hope everything is atleast ok with him and his family and this is just him giving CP the cold shoulder.

Being 28 and not being part of this board back in 2004 when CPI was started I am really surprised that there was no address list of members with phone numbers that was shared with the members. Now a Days the few passes I have joined in the host has asked for my contact info including my phone number. This I think should be common practice with all passes to avoid problems like this.

Just my 2 cents.

Paul

Great work there Paul.

A lot of those guys are still around, they just don't visit here anymore. Most of them are aware of the issue at hand.

It's a shame that Emo took this route as he has been here a long time. He has seen first hand how others have ended up when they didn't respond.

Tall Paul - CPI first started in January 2001 :Link

Also your membership list is incomplete:

Board
EmoDx
Shadow
Geldor

Members
JoeM
Paragod
Gr8full2day
Hbooker
Vikder
RobbMT
Big Slim JR
Vern
Rod
Texcigar
Allofus123
Bobbyson1a
Geldor
Tremayne
Rncen
TexasAggie
BrownDevil
RicMac
Joe (F.)
Mr. Jingles
CalixEros
Diesel Grinch
Blue Dragon
Swissy
Gonz
Tigger
SaxJazzMan
EnerJay
Mmburtch
Boogs34
Bilder
Jonesy
Insight
Lurch
Smellysell
Kingantz
Ernie111
Khari
MX
Seadub
Gregor22
BigJake6904

A lot of those guys are still around, they just don't visit here anymore. Most of them are aware of the issue at hand.

It's a shame that Emo took this route as he has been here a long time. He has seen first hand how others have ended up when they didn't respond.

...and because of that Anthony, I hope all is well with him. He did seem to have a unique way of going about things, but from what I have read from him, he sounded like a decent guy who felt responsible for the safety of these cigars. His recent behavior seems a bit out of character.

As Rod posted earlier, he knows how to get in touch with him to square this away properly....let's hope that happens sooner than later.

Is there a possibility that Duty has taken him away from the board?
I know a lot of people are throwing around that there is no reason, but if he is part of the Coast Guard, he may be involved in something right now.

As for the the condition of the cigars, I know that if I was in charge of all those cigars, and they were ruined, I would not come on her and start a thread asking what I should do with them, does not make sense to bring the spotlight on yourself.

If they are stored in a cooler, there really is not that much that needs to be done with them, make a check on the RH, quick peek at the stock from time to time, but coolers have long been hailed on this board by many members as a 1st class way to store cigars for the long term.

I am in now way defending Emo, he need to speak up for sure...but as someone who did donate to CPI, I am really just kinda talking out loud where everyone can hear me.

Tim

Tall Paul - CPI first started in January 2001 :Link

Also your membership list is incomplete:

Board
EmoDx
Shadow
Geldor

Members
JoeM
Paragod
Gr8full2day
Hbooker
Vikder
RobbMT
Big Slim JR
Vern
Rod
Texcigar
Allofus123
Bobbyson1a
Geldor
Tremayne
Rncen
TexasAggie
BrownDevil
RicMac
Joe (F.)
Mr. Jingles
CalixEros
Diesel Grinch
Blue Dragon
Swissy
Gonz
Tigger
SaxJazzMan
EnerJay
Mmburtch
Boogs34
Bilder
Jonesy
Insight
Lurch
Smellysell
Kingantz
Ernie111
Khari
MX
Seadub
Gregor22
BigJake6904

Copy That Thank you!

I guess my main point was that maybe something else was pulling him away and hes just not avoiding the issues here. Lets hope he contacts Rod soon with some answers.

Paul

MX - that is why I'm allowing him to appeal. If he has a valid reason for not communicating, then all he needs to do is let me know why.

MX - that is why I'm allowing him to appeal. If he has a valid reason for not communicating, then all he needs to do is let me know why.

and roger....

Thing I love about CP is between you and the rest of the membership, there is a pretty good history of "getting right"
Thx for all you do for us

Tim

Stand-by on this, things are being worked out.

Thx

Tim