• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Responsibility of the FOG's.

GGIESE,

unlike you I dont like to involve myself in every contraversial thread.
Seems like anytime there is contraversy in a thread ,or a thread gets locked. I can always count on seeing your name in that thread. Sometimes I wish I had 30 to 1 odds in Vegas. :rolleyes: .

Thats controversial. ;)

Stop being so marginal Bruce ;)

Don't you mean....

"Stop being so marginal, Bruce?" :laugh:

Don't you mean....

"Stop being so marginal, Bruce?" :laugh:

:laugh: :sign:

But no I was telling him and not asking him, so I believe that my lack of a comma was correct. Maybe Professor Bill will help us out?

You should always add a comma before a name, if you are addressing the person with the prior comments. :)

"That" was defined in the previous sentence, thus, the sentence is complete. Since I am not an English professor, like yourself, I called one to clarify my reasoning. In his opinion, which is kind of a professional one, the sentence is complete. But, you can continue to contradict yourself by pointing out the spelling mistakes of others and then making punctuation errors of your own. Lord knows, we all need something to do with our time.
Well since I was not party to your conversation with your professor friend, I cannot comment on its content but my guess is you didn't explain your case to him correctly.

Here's one reference I found that contradicts your statement.

The bottom line is that there was nothing wrong with my original post. You revised it more to your liking including using an incomplete sentence which I suppose is okay if that's what your prefer but you are wrong to conclude that I made "punctuation errors" because I did not.

It seems that Rod's hint fell on deaf ears.

I wouldn't describe it as a hint, more of an observation. There are many other threads that other people think go on too long or get off topic however the people participating in them find them interesting. Unfortunatley though there are those who post simply to cause trouble.

I wouldn't describe it as a hint, more of an observation. There are many other threads that other people think go on too long or get off topic however the people participating in them find them interesting. Unfortunatley though there are those who post simply to cause trouble.
Bastid!
I don't post on those threads to cause trouble. Hah! I post on those threads to keep in touch with all the little people.

NA

Wow glad to see you finally found your self at fault. :laugh:

Bastid!
I don't post on those threads to cause trouble. Hah! I post on those threads to keep in touch with all the little people.

NA
I wasn't talking about you but you knew that anyway. :laugh:

Wow glad to see you finally found your self at fault. :laugh:

On the other hand, alex and hale are two of the people I was talking about. :rolleyes:

"yourself" is one word alex. ;)

Thanks CC.

I think i finally spelled it right.

YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF
YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF YOURSELF

damn.

I forgot to capitalize the I.

Thanks CC.

damn.

LMAO! :laugh: Now that's funny! Thanks alex!

[/quote]
Bastid!

NA
[/quote]

Thank you for keeping in touch. :p

Thanks CC.

damn.

LMAO!

Well since I was not party to your conversation with your professor friend, I cannot comment on its content but my guess is you didn't explain your case to him correctly.

Here's one reference I found that contradicts your statement.

The bottom line is that there was nothing wrong with my original post. You revised it more to your liking including using an incomplete sentence which I suppose is okay if that's what your prefer but you are wrong to conclude that I made "punctuation errors" because I did not.

There was no conversation, per se. I sent him you post, exactly as written. I also sent him my revisions and asked for the ruling on the second sentence being incomplete. I was then told that as written, in a paragraph, the sentence was o.k. as written.

Now, as for your example, it does not apply, as the sentence in question is not a stand alone sentence. It is part of a written conversation, included in a paragraph.

As for the original post, I revised it to correct grammatical errors, much the same way you do to everyone else here, relating to spelling. Not placing commas in their respective places is incorrect punctuation.

So, even if we take what you call the incomplete sentence out of the equation, you still made punctuation errors. It's pretty petty to point all of those out though, isn't it?

There was no conversation, per se. I sent him you post, exactly as written. I also sent him my revisions and asked for the ruling on the second sentence being incomplete. I was then told that as written, in a paragraph, the sentence was o.k. as written.

Now, as for your example, it does not apply, as the sentence in question is not a stand alone sentence. It is part of a written conversation, included in a paragraph.

As for the original post, I revised it to correct grammatical errors, much the same way you do to everyone else here, relating to spelling. Not placing commas in their respective places is incorrect punctuation.

So, even if we take what you call the incomplete sentence out of the equation, you still made punctuation errors. It's pretty petty to point all of those out though, isn't it?
Well I still maintain that my original post was okay as originally written by me and it contained no grammatical or punctuation errors. As I've stated previously, I don't think it's "petty" to point out obvious and blatant errors but in my case, I didn't make any so I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here.

I'd be willing to bet that if you had submitted my original post to whomever you did, he or she would find nothing wrong with it. I've shown it to a couple of people including one of my friends who is an English professor at a local Cumminity College and he said there was nothing wrong with it.

Celt is correct. In that context, "thin-skinned" is a hyphenated adjective, modifying something else (babies). Neither of the words stand on their own to modify "babies" with that meaning; they are not thin babies or skinned babies (gross). As a result, it gets a hyphen. If it were not modifying something, it would be used without a hyphen. Although I can't think of a context in which "thin skinned" wouldn't be modifying something else.

JK

Thanks Jim, it was one of those situation where I had seen it wrong so many times that I figured that was the proper way to write it which it why I think it's important for people to write and spell correctly because when a significant number of people continually do it wrong it almost becomes an accepted practice, kind of like not using capital letters. :laugh:

Once again, I thank you for your research and explanation on this, I learned something today, I was obviously wrong. Unlike you, I can admit I made a mistake, I'm still waiting for a response from you though however.....
JimK and I have communicated privately and I owe him an apology. I was wrong to say that he cannot admit he made a mistake. Jim is a stand up guy and I let a minor misunderstanding between us turn into something it should not have and I'm sorry for that.