• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Roadtrip in the US

Might as well hit vegas. It would only add about 4 hours of driving.

Vegas would actually cut time off my driving. The I-15 takes me from LA through Vegas all the way to Canada. We are purposely avoiding Vegas because I had more than enough on my 10 days there last year and am thinking of heading there for the CP HERF in the fall if it happens to be in Vegas again. edit: I guess the CP HERF is pushed back to 2010.

If you end up coming to San Fransisco or more specifically the San Jose area let me know. I am always down to share a good one with you and anyone else from CP :).

You know... there are a few of us locally :eek:

I didn't know I lived close to West of Disorder :sign:

edit: I would also recommend taking Highway 1 instead of Interstate 5. Although it's a longer drive it is well worth it.

WTF, ya didn't like Tulsa?

:laugh:

In the Fall some days I nearly died. I got my fill for a while in the 2 months I was down there. :D I might be back however sometime in the next 6 months. Travelling on the company dime is much better. At least driving down the coast there will be the ocean.

My only critique is that you should think about Utah. Utah is amazing. It offers some amazing views and scenery, esp. when the sun is setting or rising. Other then that, your going to see some great country. Are you going to do any camping on your trip?

My only critique is that you should think about Utah. Utah is amazing. It offers some amazing views and scenery, esp. when the sun is setting or rising. Other then that, your going to see some great country. Are you going to do any camping on your trip?

X2.

Instead of back tracking through Ca, go to St. George, UT.
Take a day or 4 to check out Zion.
You could then head to Bryce or Goblin Valley.

Or do what I did.
Drive from Vegas to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon taking portions of Rt 66.
South Rim to North Rim.
North Rim to Zion.
Zion to Bryce.
You do this by taking all scenic routes.
It was awesome!

Scenery is much nicer than your proposed route from Reno onwards.
Unless you have to go to Reno...

-Rob

X2.

Instead of back tracking through Ca, go to St. George, UT.
Take a day or 4 to check out Zion.
You could then head to Bryce or Goblin Valley.

Or do what I did.
Drive from Vegas to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon taking portions of Rt 66.
South Rim to North Rim.
North Rim to Zion.
Zion to Bryce.
You do this by taking all scenic routes.
It was awesome!

Scenery is much nicer than your proposed route from Reno onwards.
Unless you have to go to Reno...

-Rob

That is a really good idea, you will not regret taking that route.

Re: Utah... Canyonlands and Arches National Parks are absolutely amazing especially if you are into hiking.

Come on over to lovely Lafayette Indiana. I buy you a cup of coffee and take you out to dinner...no kissing on the first date! :laugh: