• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Roll call for the hunters out there....

I count three things illegal about that gun. Soon to be one, the gun itself. Damn.........I'm jealous!

I just moved to Houston, cant wait to hunt the feilds around here.

There's no waterfowl in Texas. Go away! :whistling: :cool:

MVC-019S.JPG

MVC-001F.JPG

MVC-002F.2.JPG

MVC-005S.JPG

SugarDucksLease.JPG

texas51_015.jpg

A hunters code is to leave some game for others.

Game hog! ;)

And back in the day, I hunted a turtle..long time ago..
DSC01023.jpg
Oh Man... You're a hero! You killed a turtle! Hope You didnt spent to much time running after him, how fast was he? Or maybe You just found him in a bush and shot him in a head? Its just like shoting to wounded duck that cant fly, and being proud of it.

btw, isnt killing turtles illegal?

Any game harvested for food is a good kill. Any game harvested for sport, is just not right. :angry:

I hear turtle soup is very good for you.

I have been hunting for 5yrs now. I've rolled six turkey. My first pegged a 25lb scale instantly so we call it my 26+ bird. His beard measured 10 3/4" and his spurs were nubbed at 1 1/4".

My first and only deer after three years of trying was a button buck at ten yds with a bow. I love the outdoors. I camp, hunt, fish and.......... :thumbs:

I hear turtle soup is very good for you.

I don't know if it is good for you, but it is damn good.

I have never "hunted" turtle though...but I know some boys in South Alabama and Mississippi who do. 'Course, they "hunt" possum too. :D

Thanks for the thread guys. I would of totally missed my application deadline if I hadn't stumbled across it yesterday, no joke! ??? But thankfully all applications are in and paid for. :thumbs:

Don't know if this is okay. If not feel free to delete. But, I have an outdoorsmen website that would allow you to have your exploits recorded for all to enjoy. Comes with a pic gallery. Anybody interested?

Game hog! ;)

I see the smiley and will assume your post is in jest. There is no wasted game in any of those photo's. All photo's are of legal bag limits for species. I am an avid waterfowler and prob harvest more ducks and geese in one year then most do in a life time. Not brag just fact. Living along the Gulf Coast has its advantages and is the home for some of the largest concentrations of wintering waterfowl.

Need to add, the pick of the snow geese, there are 51 in that photo. They were shot a few years ago during the conservation season. Snow Geese are extremely overpopulated. Great 3 part article - *HERE* -

Its just like shoting to wounded duck that cant fly, and being proud of it.

:rolleyes: Huh? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Maybe you feel a wounded duck should be left to die a slow death over several days? It is more humane to dispatch a animal then to prolong the inevitable. A wounded duck will die , if from the wound or other animals, regardless. To not harvest it would be a waste.

Edited to add......... mmmmmmmmmmm turtle soup. Use to be able to get turtle soup when I lived in Key West many, many years ago. Good stuff!

Game hog! ;)

I see the smiley and will assume your post is in jest. There is no wasted game in any of those photo's. All photo's are of legal bag limits for species. I am an avid waterfowler and prob harvest more ducks and geese in one year then most do in a life time. Not brag just fact. Living along the Gulf Coast has its advantages and is the home for some of the largest concentrations of wintering waterfowl.

Need to add, the pick of the snow geese, there are 51 in that photo. They were shot a few years ago during the conservation season. Snow Geese are extremely overpopulated. Great 3 part article - *HERE* -

:rolleyes: Huh? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Maybe you feel a wounded duck should be left to die a slow death over several days? It is more humane to dispatch a animal then to prolong the inevitable. A wounded duck will die , if from the wound or other animals, regardless. To not harvest it would be a waste.

Edited to add......... mmmmmmmmmmm turtle soup. Use to be able to get turtle soup when I lived in Key West many, many years ago. Good stuff!

Not jest.....pure jealousy, days of hunting that produce pictures like that are very special indeed! Game hog is a compliment among those I hunt with.......it means you're having the lucky day!

Oh Man... You're a hero! You killed a turtle! Hope You didnt spent to much time running after him, how fast was he? Or maybe You just found him in a bush and shot him in a head? Its just like shoting to wounded duck that cant fly, and being proud of it.

Just sharing some photos. :thumbs: I had a valid fishing license when I harvested that turtle. That is all that is required to be legal where I live. I started out the day fishing in that pond. .45 on my side with birdshot for those pesky snakes. And few other firearms for hunting squirrel. All wildlife harvested was eaten. ....And those turtles...they swim faster than you might think!

I didnt mean it that way. It was about the defenseless of this animal.

Just sharing some photos. :thumbs: I had a valid fishing license when I harvested that turtle. That is all that is required to be legal where I live. I started out the day fishing in that pond. .45 on my side with birdshot for those pesky snakes. And few other firearms for hunting squirrel. All wildlife harvested was eaten. ....And those turtles...they swim faster than you might think!
Eh... I think its all because those big turtles are so exotic animals for me, and I can see them only in ZOO. They just dont live here free in a wood... or where ever they live, only behing the crates of these zoological gardens. For me its just like killing a Panda bear.

Ok man, Peace! :thumbs:

[/quote]
Eh... I think its all because those big turtles are so exotic animals for me, and I can see them only in ZOO. They just dont live here free in a wood... or where ever they live, only behing the crates of these zoological gardens. For me its just like killing a Panda bear.

Ok man, Peace! :thumbs:
[/quote]

oh, I just realized where you lived. I see where you are coming from :thumbs:

Moose, caribou and salmon! (if anyone thinks salmon fishing is not hunting, come visit and see for yourself!!)

Untitled-1.jpg

me and my momma moose 2 years ago - I was lucky enough to get drawn for this hunt, which is extremely limited in numbers of permits and MAXIMIZED in the number of people applying for it. My first permit in 10 years of applying...

No pics of the caribou scanned, but I'll look for them. The first one I did was awesome... tracking a small herd over mountains, creeping and crawling down a dry creekbed, sneaking on belly to get within a decent range, a 200yd shot that dropped it like a sack of potatoes... and packing everything out on mountain bike (hunted in a non-motorized area) - a hunt I measure all others against.

i'm about to go turkey hunting, then i'll shoot my idiot tractor driver. chasing a really big bird, he's very hard to get, forget calling him, he just laughs and gives you the turkey finger, but i got a few tricks up my sleeve left.

Started hunting small game,turkey & deer over 20 years ago. Shotgun, bow, & rifle. I've been able to hunt in WV,PA, VA, CO,NM, FL, AL, and GA. Started hunting with a pistol a couple of years ago and that is all I use now.

Most enjoyable hunt? Way to many to choose from. But this year is the last year my dad will go with us (his choice), so my favorite may be yet to come.

And Michael, the turtle you mentioned earlier. That is a North American Aligator Snapping Turtle. One of the best tasting of all wild game, also one of the nastious creatures in nature. What ever they bite will normally go with them, they have a terrible disposition, and are like lightning in the water (super fast). So don't feel too bad for the turtle.

I've always wanted to try waterfowl hunting, maybe this year.

Anyone who gets the chance to experience opening day (deer/rifle) in PA, DO IT! You'll never see/hear anything like it anyplace else. Although it is not as it used to be, it is still one of the most memorable hunts you'll ever participate in.

Started hunting small game,turkey & deer over 20 years ago. Shotgun, bow, & rifle. I've been able to hunt in WV,PA, VA, CO,NM, FL, AL, and GA. Started hunting with a pistol a couple of years ago and that is all I use now.

Most enjoyable hunt? Way to many to choose from. But this year is the last year my dad will go with us (his choice), so my favorite may be yet to come.

And Michael, the turtle you mentioned earlier. That is a North American Aligator Snapping Turtle. One of the best tasting of all wild game, also one of the nastious creatures in nature. What ever they bite will normally go with them, they have a terrible disposition, and are like lightning in the water (super fast). So don't feel too bad for the turtle.

I've always wanted to try waterfowl hunting, maybe this year.

Anyone who gets the chance to experience opening day (deer/rifle) in PA, DO IT! You'll never see/hear anything like it anyplace else. Although it is not as it used to be, it is still one of the most memorable hunts you'll ever participate in.

no telling how old that turtle is, and they will only bite you if you f w/ them, and best tasting of all wild game, :laugh:, and one of the most "nastious" creatures in nature, :laugh: , yeah, i'd rather face a polar bear or GW shark than go near a pond w/ a snapping turtle in it, thousands of deaths each year are attributed to snapping turtles :laugh:

My most favorite type of Hunting is easily bowhunting & muzzleloader for early season Whitetails in Virginia. I have a 500 acre lease that is surrounded smack dab in the middle of thousands of acres of Civil War Battlefield parks.
Here are a couple of samples of two deer that I took within three days of each other during 2005/2006 muzzleloader season. A beautiful eight & a nice six point buck.
hunt2005001.jpg

hunt20052.jpg

I go to the birthplace and Boyhood home of Robert E Lee to hunt at Stratford Hall, to do Management hunts every year. I could not believe my eyes when this Coyote came walking up within range. They are not very common here in Va. (thank god!).
hunt20050022.jpg

My most memorable moment thus far was taking my six year old son on a hunt with me last season on his birthday. I took him bowhunting in a ground blind not expecting to see anything. He was as restless as I expected due to his excitement level. We were not even in the blind for five minutes before he was asking "when are the deer going to come". Fortunately, I had brought plenty of snacks to keep him occupied. Still, he made plenty of noise. :laugh:

Just as shooting light was fading I was shocked to see that a spike buck had walked within shooting distance, browsing in front of us. I quickly drew and let an arrow fly. I thought Noah was going to burst with excitement. You would have thought we had taken a monster when we walked up on that little spike. Now I can't wait for him to get his own "first", in four to six years.

"no telling how old that turtle is, and they will only bite you if you f w/ them, and best tasting of all wild game, , and one of the most "nastious" creatures in nature, , yeah, i'd rather face a polar bear or GW shark than go near a pond w/ a snapping turtle in it, thousands of deaths each year are attributed to snapping turtles "

I knew someone would catch that, after I hit enter I thought, is that even a word. lol As far a being nasty, we always "catch" them, meaning live. Most people I know don't kill them and eat them, we keep them around for a while in a clean pen. No they don't kill, but they do have a serious bite. As for polar bear, never ran into one where I hunt nor GW's where I fish, so I'll take your word for their disposition. And I guess you are right, table fare is an individual assessment. I hear of people eating all kinds of stuff and trying to say how good it is, but I'd never touch it again.

Great pictures John:

I love to hear the stories of men taking their sons hunting. I will never forget the first time I took my son rabbit hunting. He wasn't old enough to carry a gun, I believe he was 9. Every article of clothing he had on was too big for him and if you've ever been rabbit hunting you know that it's hard enough work in properly fitting clothes.

I worried all day that I might have made a mistake because he could not possible be enjoying this! His hat was down over his eyes, his boots were too big, his pants were too long, his hands were invisible inside his coat sleeves, the old photos are priceless..................he had a ball and now he is 25 and we have some of our best times rabbit hunting.