• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Room 101 Small Smokes - Papi Chulo 4X42 for $50.00 / box

Sorry Gary, since mine haven't arrived yet the only thing I could offer would be to print my receipt, roll it, smoke it, and review it for you.

CBoukal said:
Sorry Gary, since mine haven't arrived yet the only thing I could offer would be to print my receipt, roll it, smoke it, and review it for you.

Well...at least that would be something! :D

Burned one yesterday, seemed really 'wet' (humid).  Burn was sketchy and not a lot of flavor to boot.

I'm going to wait a few days and try again.  Sure smell good in the box......

I burned one on the golf course last night and I agree with BBS, it was very wet which I attributed to they pumping up the humidity prior to shipment I hope.  I will let them rest a few weeks and try again

I just had one was good a little wet but well worth the $50 a box. Will let them rest before smoking another.

Sure, now you guys speak up AFTER I buy a box :laugh:.....2 days earlier and I would have saved $55!

I got my box yesterday but we had no power to run the fan in my cigar room. I guess I'll dry box one and smoke it tomorrow or Sunday.

BTW: If Tom says it has no taste, it's probably a solid medium smoke. Any guy that states...

"...while the body has powerful notes of roofing tar and asphalt, there are background hints of napalm and mustard gas, perhaps just a bit of agent orange...."

...as his default guideline for flavor, I'd say his taste buds are on life support!

My experience with the manufacturer of these cigars is that they are typically a bit lacking in flavor intensity. I don't know if it is me, or if someone blending has real sensitive palate or preferences that results in milder profiles. Some of them have real decent flavor, but just not enough to stand up to anything except water, and have to be smoked on a very fresh palate, in the morning, etc. Very counter-intuitive as a lot of their smokes are mainly Honduran tobacco, which a lot of us experienced smokers know to have a decent amount of flavor with a sort of earthy character with a lightly sweet undertone.

Several years ago they made pretty good, and flavorful sticks for my palate, but it seems to me that when they went into that big campaign changing all of the boxes to fancy (re: expensive) boxes, the cigars suffered, and I stopped buying them. I will sample one occasionally to see if any improvement, and it has not returned to the former character. I also don't buy the palate changing crap. For example ALL fuente products have basically tasted the same to me forever. 

The industry is so fixed on fancy packaging, I have to wonder how much the cigars suffer. "Lets make a billion of this stick, put a fancy box and band half as big as the stick, and as elaborate as the Sistine Chapel, and we'll fool people into buying this piece of crap." I guess it works for newbies, but I have to wonder how many people they lose. I actually find the tactics very silly and a bit offensive. Now, of course I know that there are exceptions where the fancy one is decent.  But, we ALL know that some of the most popular cigars have very minimalist packaging (Tatuaje, Illusione, Padron standard), and they went/go gangbusters. Nothing spreads faster than word of a great cigar. 

Backslide said:
So far I'm stoked that I saved 55.00 :)

The more I smoke them, the more you should be stoked!

MadMonk said:
My experience with the manufacturer of these cigars is that they are typically a bit lacking in flavor intensity. I don't know if it is me, or if someone blending has real sensitive palate or preferences that results in milder profiles. Some of them have real decent flavor, but just not enough to stand up to anything except water, and have to be smoked on a very fresh palate, in the morning, etc. Very counter-intuitive as a lot of their smokes are mainly Honduran tobacco, which a lot of us experienced smokers know to have a decent amount of flavor with a sort of earthy character with a lightly sweet undertone.

Several years ago they made pretty good, and flavorful sticks for my palate, but it seems to me that when they went into that big campaign changing all of the boxes to fancy (re: expensive) boxes, the cigars suffered, and I stopped buying them. I will sample one occasionally to see if any improvement, and it has not returned to the former character. I also don't buy the palate changing crap. For example ALL fuente products have basically tasted the same to me forever. 

The industry is so fixed on fancy packaging, I have to wonder how much the cigars suffer. "Lets make a billion of this stick, put a fancy box and band half as big as the stick, and as elaborate as the Sistine Chapel, and we'll fool people into buying this piece of crap." I guess it works for newbies, but I have to wonder how many people they lose. I actually find the tactics very silly and a bit offensive. Now, of course I know that there are exceptions where the fancy one is decent.  But, we ALL know that some of the most popular cigars have very minimalist packaging (Tatuaje, Illusione, Padron standard), and they went/go gangbusters. Nothing spreads faster than word of a great cigar. 

I agree Danny, they have definitely suffered. But I must say, my thoughts were that they would get better after they were acquired by Davidoff and they injected some of that Kelner magic into them. As of now, that is 180 degrees from those thoughts. the cigars have suffered in taste and have gone up in price.