• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Roxor Cigars?

Really Jeff!.....................Phil refused to send me anything once he found out I was friends with you. :whistling:

Nice work Phil ;)

Sorry Jeff LOL! :whistling:

Where have you been? Working? at the lake?
I'll be in all day tomorrow - stop in.

Phil

It's okay to sell something to John, just let me help pick it out, I think his favorite in Macanudo ;)

At the cabin for a few days.

I guess I could come up and hang out for a bit today.

Hi Phil! I always love to see manufacturers getting involved in the online cigar community!

Good to hear Fuente didn't give you any shite...it'd be pretty hypocritical of them if they did, considering the Fuentes got taken to court back in the 90's by Mondavi and Rothschild because of the semblance to the Opus 1 wine.

I haven't seen these at any local B&M's yet, but I'll definitely try 'em out if they do pop up.

Any chance you guys'll be producing any thinner ring gauge stuff? (corona, panetela, lancero)

Have them at 8 to 8 and I would be happy to send you to couple of on line or B&M's. We are working on a new line that will have a 6 x 60 and either a corona or lancero. E-mail me for a sampleof Roxor!

Thanks,

Phil
Are you talking about 8 to 8 in Villa Park, Illinois?

That's the second B&M I go to. It's about 30 minutes from my house. Actually bought my stinky ash tray and humidor there at their big ass show 2 years ago. Might have to make a stop there once I'm back from school. It's probably been about a year. Happened to smoke my only OpusX and a pre-production Jose Seijas there. I'm guessing we live near one another.
I'll be there tomorrow around 5pm for a bourban tasting, not sure which manufacturer will be.

Just wanted to thank everyone that was interested in trying the Roxor brand. Sorry I haven't sent the samples yet. I will be at the humidor today and will start shipping tomorrow.

Thanks Again,

Phil La Bondnao
Perseo Cigar Company "Roxor Baby!"

Really Jeff!.....................Phil refused to send me anything once he found out I was friends with you. :whistling:

Phil told me he was going to send me twice what he send everyone else because he felt sorry for me. That I must not get out much if I had to have someone like Jeff in order to have a friend. :)

Seth

Phil told me he was going to send me twice what he send everyone else because he felt sorry for me. That I must not get out much if I had to have someone like Jeff in order to have a friend. :)

Seth

I was there when you called......and added a special surprise to a couple of your sticks :whistling:

I tried to smoke the lightest wrappered version this weekend. I say tried because it was one of the worst smelling cigars I've ever lit up. The drawn smoke was sort of sweet, light, and inoffensive. Not bad at all. But the smoke from the lit end, while the cigar rested in my ashtray as I smoked and wrote outdoors, was RANK! It smelled like burnt rubber and paint. Good god but it stank.

Now I smoked a SLR DC before and a RASS afterward so I am pretty sure my palate and sniffer were working properly, but damn, it smelled bad.

Sorry bro. I had to put it out and way off my porch after burning 1.5". I will try the medium colored wrapper and the maduro sometime and I'll do my best to give it a fair shake.

Wilkey

I tried to smoke the lightest wrappered version this weekend. I say tried because it was one of the worst smelling cigars I've ever lit up. The drawn smoke was sort of sweet, light, and inoffensive. Not bad at all. But the smoke from the lit end, while the cigar rested in my ashtray as I smoked and wrote outdoors, was RANK! It smelled like burnt rubber and paint. Good god but it stank.

Now I smoked a SLR DC before and a RASS afterward so I am pretty sure my palate and sniffer were working properly, but damn, it smelled bad.

Sorry bro. I had to put it out and way off my porch after burning 1.5". I will try the medium colored wrapper and the maduro sometime and I'll do my best to give it a fair shake.

Wilkey
LOL Wilkey, I can just picture it. Jeff (CigarStone) sent me the three wrappers to test , you have me real nervous. :laugh:

Brian

Wilkey
LOL Wilkey, I can just picture it. Jeff (CigarStone) sent me the three wrappers to test , you have me real nervous. :laugh:

Brian

Whooooboy

No worries Brian everybody knows Wilkey doesn't know shit about cigars :D I guess this shows how much I know because I really liked the natural (for a natural). The cameroon is my favorite.

No worries Brian everybody knows Wilkey doesn't know shit about cigars :D I guess this shows how much I know because I really liked the natural (for a natural). The cameroon is my favorite.
You know, I did speak with a few guys who have smoked these and their comments lead me to believe that maybe I just got a bad one. There was some talk about inconsistencies in the blend but I couldn't comment on that. I'm game to try the others though. The only cigar I absolutely will not smoke again is Pirate's Gold, the one cigar that smelled even worse than this one.

Wilkey

Wilkey

Wilkey,

I don't understand what happened, but I can tell you after selling 100's of 1000's of naturals you are the first one to say it had a bad oder. i don't know what could have happened to the cigar to make it smell that way but i do apologize. I have not had any other complaints from that box. i wonder if something got into the cigar after it was sold.

We also have had no other complaints on any of the three lines, I personaly will send you another stick to smoke if you have any interest.

Thanks,

Phil

I received a Natural Toro from Jeff (CS) in the MAWPIF, smoked it the other night and enjoyed it. I'll post a review later but there was a creamy profile and lacked the over grassy/hay that many newer naturals have today. Haven't seen them available down here yet and depending on the price I'd buy another, just to make sure the consistancey was there, before buying a box.
BTW - Thanks Jeff!

I received mine yesterday. I asked for a Natural and received all three. Thanks Phil, I appreciate them. I tried the maduro last night. It was a clean stick with no large viens and a beautiful color. I clipped it, took a draw and the taste was good and the draw a little tight. I can not often pinpoint specific taste, but later into this one I all the sudden tasted chocolate. I only sensed it on two or three draws, but it was there. The stick had a consistent burn and the draw loosened up after about the first inch and a half. It produced a good amount of smoke all the way through. I had to put it down about half way through to go in and take care of one of the kids. I came back out about 30 minutes later and of course it was out. I picked it up, relit it, blew through it a couple of times and began smoking it. After the first two draws the taste was back to normal. I enjoyed this stick under a beautiful moon with a nice breeze and took it to the nub. Very relaxing. I will deffinately smoke another of the maduro if I come across them.

Thanks again Phil and I look forward to trying to other two.

Johnny

Man oh Man, I had a Roxor Cameroon yesterday, MAN ALIVE was it flavorful!!! It was sort of sweet, but still, so much flavor.

I am going to buy a box, but it seems like all the sites are sold out... :( I might just email Phil directly...

Excellent cigar, can't wait to smoke the other two...THANK YOU PHIL!!! :D