• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sad goodbye to a furry friend...

SweetMelissa

Sweet Innocent Angel
Quite unexpectedly we had to make the decision to put our oldest cat Scarlet, almost 16 years old, to sleep today. She was fine yesterday morning and then in the evening she was having trouble standing on all 4 legs. She kept falling on her side, just unable to get anywhere in the house so she just lay there on the rug trying to sleep, I guess. It all happened pretty fast within a matter of a few hours. The vet said her kidney and liver function, from looking at the blood test, was fine. So it was narrowed down to a brain tumor, a stroke or some sort of heart condition. They gave her some fluids and some oxygen but in the end it was just time to let her go. Can't tell you how long I have cried today. Just did not expect this to happen at all. Here are a couple of pics of her. She "found" Mike when he was in college back in 1997...she was a year old at the time.

melly

DSC_0028-1.jpg

017.jpg

Melly,
Sorry for your loss. Remember all of the good times you had with her.

Dave

Sorry Mel! She's a beautiful feline. I hope you continue to cherish your fond memories with her.

Sorry to hear. Sounds like y'all had a good long time together, lots of good memories and funny stories.

So sorry, Melly. Our animals are family, and it's never easy to say goodbye. We can only love and appreciate what our time with them meant. Gone but never forgotten.

S300 :cool:

My heart feels for you Melly, It sucks big time when you have to make a decision to put to sleep a friend who gave you so much joy in your life.

Tiddles and Buzzy send their condolences.

Sorry for your loss Melissa anytime we loose one of our fur babies it hurts rp

Sorry to hear this Melly. We get so attached to our furry children, but we don't realize how hard it is until the time actually comes. Give it a couple of weeks and the sting will not be as bad.

Agreed Brandon. Those are some pretty eyes.

SOrry to hear that Mel, remember though, she is not in any pain now and is waiting to see you agian!!

Sorry to hear this Melly. They do work their way into our lives and become family.

Sorry to here about your lose...the pain will linger for a few weeks, but in the end, all that will remain are wonderful memories of her.

She was a great friend...Roll Tide.