• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sad news about LouieD

Ah geez, Lou. What did you go and do that for? RIP

Doc.

Met Lou at The Empire Strikes Back herf down in Kingston. Treated me as a brother from the moment I met him! You will be missed sir but will always be in our thoughts!

I never had a chance to meet LouieD, but his reputation as a standup BOTL certainly preceded him. It's always sad to see a good guy go.

-Mark

I'm so glad I gave him a big hug and told him how much I loved talking to him last time we were together. He was a wonderful man, friend, husband, and Father. He so loved being around all of us during any event...it showed on his face with every conversation he had with that smile of his and that 'Abe Lincoln' beard he sported!

We lost one of the best BOTL this day.....RIP my brother, see you again one day.

Think about it guys, Heaven ain't so bad with LouieD & #1 waiting for us to enjoy a great smoke upon our arrival...... ;)

Speechless and incredibly saddened. I'm honored to have had the opportunity to share a few smokes with Lou. Next occasion for a smoke, I'll light a PSD4 in his memory. Godspeed, Lou. You will be missed.

Wow, I just found this thread.

Prayers and thoughts to the DeVito clan.

Will sacrifice a good smoke in Louie's memory!
PSD4, Opus, Anejo or Padron?
Anytime I smoke any of these I think of Louie and will continue to.

Best,
Rob

I'm shocked and saddened to hear this news. Louie traveled all the way down to the city to attend several of our monthly herfs, and I knew I could count on catching up with him at the QSH. I admired his dedication and friendliness. He had such an infectious enthusiasm that would burst out whenever he greeted you. I will certainly miss him.

My deepest condolences to Louie's family and friends and may he rest in peace.

Very sad news to hear. Louie was a friend. He will be missed very much. To his family I offer my prayers.

Chris

Very sad news. Condolences to his friends and family. RIP Brother.

Obituary

Louis C. DeVito
(December 21, 1946 - April 11, 2011)

Louis C. DeVito of Mahopac passed away on April 11, 2011 at Putnam Hospital Center. He is survived by his wife Patrice, his daughter katharine Cassidy-DeVito. A brother Mark DeVito,a sister Kathy Schweitzer. Memorial Visitation will be Friday 2-4 and 7-9 Funeral service Saturday at the Funeral home 11 AM.

Lou is also survived by both parents who live in Texas.

Louie was the first person I meet at the Quad State Herf the time I went. He welcomed me with a genuine smile and a cigar what else can ya ask of a brother. May he rest in peace.

Joe G

I am truly saddened to hear of Lou's passing. My condolences to the DeVito family. I will keep you in my prayers. R.I.P. Lou.

Lou sounds like a man I would have loved to share a smoke and some laughs with.

May he rest in peace and condolences to his family.

Dave

MarkJr, rest assured Louie will be missed. He and I met at a Quad State Herf and shared a Rip Van Winkle 23 year old together. He was a man that made you feel welcome when meeting him. He'll be missed.
...and you know, I found a picture of just that time. (Louie is standing, that's SKYDIVNEKD preventing the chair from moving...;-).

Here's our brother doing what he loved; sharing a smoke, a beverage, and a good time with the rest of us:

gallery_1565_604_75196.jpg

God speed, my friend Lou.....B.B.S.

Brother,

Thanks for bringing back the pic that goes with the awesome memory. That was a heck of an event. Sad though, since they were closing the shop.

Floyd T.

I never had the pleasure of meeing Lou face to face - but certainly have interacted from time to time on this board. As many others have said - Lou was one of the true "staples" in our community.

When someone like Lou passes - there is just a wee bit bigger hole to fill. It's almost surreal that he will no longer be with us in the flesh.

To everyone else's point, though - Opus X definitely has a new meaning for me. Lou - you might not be here in the flesh, but I wll be offering up some Opus X smoke for your spirit.

God speed!

I have been away from the computer for a couple of days and this is truly sad news. RIP Louie and thoughts go out to his family and to all the brothers here that knew and loved him.