• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock is Back!

Gregg

Reaction score
One of my favorites, though I am still a bigger fan of Rogue's Chocolate Stout, though I guess they are two entirely different styles

H-04.jpg

There are some, and we'd be among them, that say that the two greatest human inventions of all time are beer and chocolate. It is with that in mind that we once again release Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock. We like to push the boundaries of brewing as far as they can go and this is one delicious example. For centuries, the world's finest brewers have created rich, complex dark beers known as bocks. The best bocks display many layers of luxurious flavors. We wanted to brew a bock beer that would represent the traditional style yet surprise the palate with a unique character and complexity. We started with the complex selection of carefully roasted malts combined with hand-selected Noble hops from Bavaria, the world's largest growing area. After using a centuries old brewing process, called Krausening, we slowly aged the beer on a bed of rare dark cocoa nibs from Felchlin®, a renowned Swiss chocolatier. Known for their quality, these wild cocoa nibs are harvested from the jungles of Northern Bolivia where they grow in their original forests. They impart complex aromas and flavors of chocolate, honey and vanilla in the beer. The resulting beer, Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock, has a big, malty character that is combined with the subtle sweetness of chocolate, giving this brew a complex full-body taste with a velvety finish. Look for Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock in its distinctive 750ml bottle starting the 1st week in November. But act fast because we only made a few batches of this brew!

Brewer's Tip: Do you like chocolate covered cherries? Get your hands on some Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock and some Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat®. Take a sip of one followed closely by a sip of the other and enjoy!

via their email newsletter

Very good beer. I prefer Rogue's Shakespeare Stout though. Still, I'm going to get this!

Hmmm.. Never tried a chocolate stout (okay... let the flaming start lol)

Would def love to try this pending I can actually find it around here.

Thanks for the heads up, This is a good brew a little sweet for my taste but, none the less it is still very good.

I have a small store looking out for it in northern Nj for me. He is pretty large Sam dealer. I told him last week that I will buy at least two cases if he can get it, fingers crossed. :thumbs:

If anyone can get some, please keep me in mind at least for a couple bottles.

If anyone can get some, please keep me in mind at least for a couple bottles.

The store near me is expecting some this week. I'll see how much I can score and let you know.

Anyone know of any in the King of Prussia area? All the places I go, look at me like I am crazy when I ask.

so who can get me a couple of bottles and ship em to me for cash and smokes? :) just pm me if possible. we can not get it because they don't ship it here.

They just got their Sam Adams delivery for the week. No Chocolate Bock yet.

I remember back in 2005 it was delayed several months, not sure why this happens every time.