• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money Pass - below 50 RG only- Completed.

My guess for today...

1) Illusione ~88~ Maduro
2) Illusione Epernay - Le Monde
3) Drew Estate Undercrown Toro
4) Honey and Hand Grenades Rapier
5) Cabiguan Robusto
6) Drew Estate Nica Rustica

2K6TBSS said:
My guess for today...

1) Illusione ~88~ Maduro
2) Illusione Epernay - Le Monde
3) Drew Estate Undercrown Toro
4) Honey and Hand Grenades Rapier
5) Cabiguan Robusto
6) Drew Estate Nica Rustica
You have one of the Marcas, and the position is correct but the vitola was not and we still have five unidentified sticks.

Hint: the HHG rapier is the most expensive stick in the list.

I didn't plan it that way, was just trying to get sizes that would not be too extreme in the contest.

How about:

1. Headly Grange Estupendos
2. Illusione Epernay Le Grande
3. Don Pepin Blue Label Exquisitos
4. Honey and Hand Grenades Rapier
5. Herrera Esteli Short Corona
6. Cabaiguan Guapos RX

Close, but once again no additional cigars have been identified. You have one marca, ummm designation within a marca correct but vitola and position are not.

Not sure I am saying that right, in an attempt for clarity: on one cigar you have the first two words indicating brand, line of brand correct but do not have the specific cigar and vitola and position correct.

There's always tomorrow :)

personal User said:
Oh yeah, Jonesy I have a request.

Please help me figure out how to get more actual cigar info other than cost/pricing into the remaining part of the pass.

Not as a rule change but a suggested guide for the players.

I really was sincere when I said I think there is far too much focus on costs and not enough on the actual smokes.
I'm not interested in beating a dead horse .. hopefully it is dead .. but flavor is subjective, appearance is subjective, mouthfeel, draw, wrapper preferences, Gary's prick ... all subjective. Two things that are objective are origin and price. MSRP is posted by the manufacturer, so that doesn't change, where as what a cigar sells for is variable. Since price can be measured, and multiple sources can be readily found, an average price can be reached. An average price seems more reasonable than MSRP (typically), so it gives a fairly clear and easily accessible valuation to everyone to trade cigars with. You're hosting the pass, so you will have to do the research for every trade; it is part of what you signed up for whether you realized it or not. You may not have realized it because even in those passes that say 'You're all seasoned passers, so your trades are pre-approved', there is a lot of conversation in PMs behind the scenes that you never see posted. People with integrity, aka seasoned passers, will still PM the host when they have a question about a trade and if it works. ... But one of the long standing 'rules of thumb' has always been, participate in several passes before you host one. Then some of those unwritten rules become more clear.

But to your question, contests are a great way.  You can have people research research cigars they put, take, whatever ... Reviews: people can post reviews of the cigars they take, that way everyone can learn a little even if he/she wasn't able to take that cigar. ... Stories: people's experiences, favorite memories, funny story's, famous encounters, office encounters with the secretary ... Use your imagination. Why do you like cigars? And extrapolate ...

As Rod stated, we are just trying to help and see that this remains a fun place to hang. It's our home away from home.

Good luck! 

Thanks for the input. Sincerely, I appreciate the suggestions and thoughts.

Hint: one Marca was retired in the last six months or so, stocks are dwindling but can still be found in some vitolas.

RG in the contest are 42 to 47

Guess no2.
From left to right:
1)Tatuaje noellas 2)Herrera Esteli lonsdale 3)padronn 64 corona maduro 4)HHG Rapier 5)cabaiguan guapos 44 6)l'atelier ss 46

CMontoya79 said:
Guess no2.
From left to right:
1)Tatuaje noellas 2)Herrera Esteli lonsdale 3)padronn 64 corona maduro 4)HHG Rapier 5)cabaiguan guapos 44 6)l'atelier ss 46
You guys keep nailing one that you almost have down. Again, I thought it would be one of the hardest but I guess the wrapper gives it away.

Hint:Lengths   4 5/8 to 6.5

RG               42    to 47

Not a full on, Kingantz review, couldn't do one if I tried. However, a brief synopsis of one of the cigars in the pass.

Room 101, Daruma Mutante Lancero

No initial spiciness, immediately pleasant, smooth and flavorful on the retrohale, starts off quite nicely. Medium strength leaning more towards Med/full in the beginning and increases a bit. Solid construction, quite even draw, burn and ash thoughout the smoke. No touchups or relights needed. Not a whole lot in the way of transition going on, the flavors increase and become more full. I have not been overly impressed with the other Room 101 offerings I have tried, but IMO Matt booth nailed the blend on this one. A really nice smoke, particularly for the money. Oh, yeah, Matt Booth's sense of humor shows in the band. The outside part of the band that is covered when the band is glued on and overlaps contains the words Portuguese Breakfast   Fu*k Yeah! (without the asterik) 

I want to step in here to apologize for getting heated. I think all is good. Ken, you've gotten good advice from these guys, abd maybe not the best advice from me.

Now back to the pass. You guys enjoy some good sticks and build some good brotherhood with what's left of this.

Brent, I'm quite pleased that you stepped forward to assist me with the pass, and I appreciate all of your excellent advice. What we have here is a family squabble which often becomes quite intense. I am a new member of the family and people didn’t know how to take my postings. I am sincere about my belief in the integrity, knowledge and ability of the family here at CP to rise to the occasion and come together to move forward in brotherhood.

Another cigar in the pass

Tesa  Picadura King Habano   5 x 44

Not what I would call spice on the start, more like a little harshness on lighting. Flavors start coming up after the first ½ inch. Good construction, even consistent burn. Medium in strength, flavors a bit muted at first but keep picking up coming on quite well after the first 1/3rd.  No real transition, just keeps getting richer and fuller. A nice smoke for $5. I bought 10 on sale for 22% off and plan to buy more, and put them back for a year or two, I suspect they will improve nicely. Nothing stunning about them, just a good smoke. After the first one was nice but nothing real special, I am surprised that they have become a new favorite that I keep picking back up more than I thought I would.

Anyone can jump in here.

Complete the following:

I only smoke cigars when ________________________. Because______________.

Could be something like “they pair well with the socks I am wearing”

Or if you don’t wear socks “they match the underwear that I have on”

Or whatever

I’ll start with:

I only smoke cigars when I have recently shaved my balls. Because I always smoke naked, and had a serious incident when the ash fell in my crotch, my whole crotch caught on fire, third degree burns, it wasn’t pretty. Pretty awful. Actually, that is why I started shaving my balls.

personal User said:
Anyone can jump in here.

Complete the following:

I only smoke cigars when ________________________. Because______________.

Could be something like “they pair well with the socks I am wearing”

Or if you don’t wear socks “they match the underwear that I have on”

Or whatever

I’ll start with:

I only smoke cigars when I have recently shaved my balls. Because I always smoke naked, and had a serious incident when the ash fell in my crotch, my whole crotch caught on fire, third degree burns, it wasn’t pretty. Pretty awful. Actually, that is why I started shaving my balls.
As I was reading this, I had a response come to mind but then I read yours and whatever mine was is now irrelevant!!!

Good morning everyone.  I am so sorry for my delay on this pass.  I wish I would have known what life was going to throw at me when I joined this because I never would have made the commitment. 

Without further BS here you go:

Take Tat Regios
Put JD Howard Reserve HD 50

Take Tat Tainos Presidente
Put Tat TAA '12

Please let me know what you think and I will get these out in the mail tomorrow.  I know Gavin is ready to receive. 

I will also get the Veterans portioin sent off to the appropriate party.

Thanks for letting me play and have a great day.

Kendall

Hang in there, Kendall. Life throws a bunch of stuff at you sometimes, but things often have a way of working out.

You're probably distracted from all that or you would have realized the pass is restricted to below, 50 RG, and both your puts are 50.

That could happen to anybody. I understand completely, I was actually looking up pricing on the Howard Reserve before it dawned on me. There may be some rarity factor on the Tat TAA '12, also. I know I have never been able to actually buy one, but it's a moot point since it's a 50rg.

Take your time, find what you have that is below 50rg. Anywhere from 49 down will do for rg.

Feel comfortable taking your time doing your puts/takes and let's hope that it will be fun and a distraction from all you have going on right now.

Thanks for playing and hope your situation improves.

Regards

Ken

personal User said:
 the pass is restricted to below, 50 RG, and both your puts are 50.

Regards

Ken

I would not have even noticed if you didn't make this point Ken, but the first take, Tat Regios, is a 50RG.  I didn't even think this when Caesar had gone.  I was thinking 50 and below.  But I missed that.  Either way, easily confused.  We should dispose of that dirty 50RG Regios, go ahead and send my way and I'll destroy it :)