SensorPush, Govee and Radio Shack/Oregon Scientific Hygrometer Review and Comparison

tone-ny

I smoke therefore I am!
This will probably be a long thread as I'm still unpacking and can't find half the stuff I need for this. My local cigar shop in SC closed without notice so will have to depend on Amazon or go rummaging through unopened boxes LOL!

Here is a picture of all three, haven't opened either the SensorPush or Govee the Radio Shack hygro has been in use for 15 years.IMG_20201016_105721.jpg

smellysell

Go Vols!!!
I have the same Oregon Scientific ones and have had them about the same amount of time. First improvement I've noticed with the Govee is the ability to calibrate it!

CigSid

Love this place...
3 things I like about sensor push...
1. Very easy to calibrate humidity and temperature.
2. Very easy to set up notifications for high and/or low humidity and temperature.
3. Instant accurate readings, anywhere in the world.

There are more cool things, like graphs of humidity and temp over hours, days, weeks, years, that you can export into excel. On the iPad, you can see all of your humidors (up to 5), etc...

smellysell

Go Vols!!!
3 things I like about sensor push...
1. Very easy to calibrate humidity and temperature.
2. Very easy to set up notifications for high and/or low humidity and temperature.
3. Instant accurate readings, anywhere in the world.

There are more cool things, like graphs of humidity and temp over hours, days, weeks, years, that you can export into excel. On the iPad, you can see all of your humidors (up to 5), etc...
Honestly, I think the only thing the Govee is lacking from that, is #3. So far anyway.

tone-ny

I smoke therefore I am!
It's amazing how technology has leaped frogged in this area. The Radio Shack hygro is so one dimensional in all regards.

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a brave U.S. Marine
Watching with interest. I think this is the weekend I replace the batteries in my 3 Sensor Push units and salt test them. This February will be two years...great service from them.

modo22

The sensor push has changed my life for the better. But can also scare the crap out of you. Check my wine-a-dor Thursday night and almost shit myself in fear! A huge drop in humidity!!! Turns out when I shuffled around some boxes last week I took the sensor out and forgot to put it back in! Ha. All better now.
1645276F-5766-4C15-9139-97BCF6A695CF.jpeg