• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SensorPush, Govee and Radio Shack/Oregon Scientific Hygrometer Review and Comparison

After about 32 hours, here's where we are. Govee unit is basically brand new, SensorPush units are about 2 years old, with fresh batteries. No compensation was used, this shows how the individual units are calibrated. Not bad, but the salt doesn't lie..... Bottom line, you should really be salt testing any of these units. I added calibration to them all to get them all to read 75% and left them in the unopened cal environment. Later this afternoon, I'll see where we're at.

Screenshot_20210118-201518_SensorPush.jpg Screenshot_20210118-201708_Govee Home.jpg

Still thinking the "old" (non-WiFi) Govee is a heck of a deal, for the price.

After another six hours, the cal was holding */- a tenth of a point or so, so they got put back into service. Good maintenance task, two years feels about right for this one unless one of the sensors flags a low battery in the meantime.
What are your thoughts on the +/- 3%? That seems like a pretty wide margin.

What are your thoughts on the +/- 3%? That seems like a pretty wide margin.
I think the initial calibration is really tough for the manufacturer to do, on a production basis. Once salt tested and calibrated (super easy with the app), they all track each other very well. I'm comfortable with them, but batteries and cal every two years feels about right.

Just recalibrated mine, after 2 years... they were spot on...

D6248071-1B6E-42C0-A6F2-A67249F71A26.png

So an update on my Govees; out of the 12 units I have, there is one that chews through batteries in a matter of weeks. It is one of the H5102 Models with the LCD and takes a single AAA battery. My other units that use AAAs, include another H5102, are going on months to a year without a battery change. So my guess, this particular unit is fault and will be replaced. Not bad, considering their price.