• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

So this Saturday...

SweetMelissa

Sweet Innocent Angel
Yeah I am finally gonna be an honest woman. ***shut up Jeff and Timmy***
1pm
I was wondering if some of you could share about the day you got married and what you felt like on your day. Share ANYthing you want. I am looking for funny stories, sweet stuff, anything. Just to share a little about the day...we are getting married in his church, Catholic church(I am newly Catholic as of Saturday night). It's at 1pm...reception in the hall at church...beer, wine, a band....and we are releasing butterflies too..I hope they aren't dead when they get here friday. The honeymoon won't be for about 3 weeks...a cruise out of Venice through Croatia, Turkey and Greece and back to Venice.

Anyway...i would love to hear stories of your weddings....big, small, funny, emotional...love you all...sorry i have been so quiet, but I have been a busy angel.

love ya'll!!

Melly

CONGRATS!!!!! Did you pick out a celebratory smoke for you and the new hubby? Gunna get his and her smokes? haha :) tha'd be awesome.

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your new life as a "honest woman".

Make sure to finish your vows with a Big 'ol ROLL TIDE!

Congratulations Melly! That is really some fantastic news!

My and I when all was said and done traveled approximately 18,000 miles. This included traveling from:

Dayton, OH to Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA to Santa Barbara, CA
Santa Barbara, CA to Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA to Rome, Italy
Rome, Italy to Florence, Italy
Florence, Italy to Rome, Italy
Rome, Italy to Zürich, Switzerland
Zürich, Switzerland to Chicago, IL
Chicago, IL to Dayton, OH
Dayton, OH we drove all the way to Oceanside, CA..............all in two weeks.

By the time we got to Oceanside, CA the honeymoon was officially over! :sign:

Congratulations Melly! That is really some fantastic news!

My and I when all was said and done traveled approximately 18,000 miles. This included traveling from:

Dayton, OH to Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA to Santa Barbara, CA
Santa Barbara, CA to Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA to Rome, Italy
Rome, Italy to Florence, Italy
Florence, Italy to Rome, Italy
Rome, Italy to Zürich, Switzerland
Zürich, Switzerland to Chicago, IL
Chicago, IL to Dayton, OH
Dayton, OH we drove all the way to Oceanside, CA..............all in two weeks.

By the time we got to Oceanside, CA the honeymoon was officially over! :sign:

That is a hell of a two weeks! Must have been a blast.

Congrats on the tying the knot! I'm heading up to Boulder for my cousin's wedding in a few weeks, and let me tell you there's nothing I love more than a wedding with an open bar :whistling: ... :laugh:

Congrats! The hard part is nearly done, once you start that walk down the isle, the stress from planning melts away, and you see it all coming together into the best day of your life.

My wife and I got married in this old castle, and I was waiting down in the main ballroom, and when I first saw my wife come down the huge staircase towards me, she took my breath away. I got so emotional that I started crying while saying the vows I had written, really was the happiest day of my life. We went to Fiji for two weeks, stayed on a couple of different islands, took a large sailboat to several different islands, scuba diving, huts right on the beach, hikes to deserted beaches with no one around for several miles... just loads of fun.

It's not so much the stories you'll be able to tell, but more the memories that you'll cherish for years to come, an experience that you shared with the single most important person in your life, and only them. There will be guests around you during your wedding, but you and your future husband will see things completely different from anyone else around you, and it's quite special to know that the only other person that saw it the way you did, was the one person in the entire world you wanted to.

Congrats Mell and I hope you have a great wedding. Definitely smoke a super primo cigar at the event and I hope the maid of honors join you. Make sure you get plenty of great pics and post a few here for us to view. The only thing now will be is that you have to be an angel now....... :D :thumbs: :cool:

Congrats Melly... I would bring some Scotch and SS to the reception.. but well, umm that's prob not a good idea. :D

Congrats Melly! Now the big question is........is the groom a member of CP and if not, why not ???

snip....is the groom a member of CP and if not, why not ???

Great question. I seem to think she's been pretty quiet as to who the lucky guy is!!!!

Melly, take it from a guy who's working on the 29 th anniversary that the first 20 are the hardest!!!! :sign: Gets real easy after that!!

Seriously, congratulations and I'm sure you've done all you can to make sure it's a very special day.

Congrats, Melly!

I hope your day is special and may you have much joy together.

You know I'm heartbroken over this :(

My wife and I lived together for a couple of years before we decided to get married. We got along great and rarely had problems. We set the date (3 weeks from when I proposed). Some close friends and family came over to our place, we got married in a small ceremony. Everything went smoothly. About 2 am I kicked the drunks out, we cleaned up and went to bed.

The next morning I had a complete spaz about my (now) wife squeezing the toothpaste from the middle. She didn't understand what the big deal was and I was totally determined that we had to work out all the details so they wouldn't be issues our whole life. We (that is, I) talked about it all morning.

We laugh about it now.

25 years later, she still squeezes the toothpaste from the middle.

Hope it's a great day for you and best wishes!

Congrats Melly. Glad to see things going so well for you girl. :thumbs:

got married in jamaica. We didnt have to lift a finger. No wedding planning besides figuring out what to wear. Played golf in the morning and sat by the pool drinking the rest of the day. Got a shower at 3:15 and got married at 4.

congrats and I hope you married in the "family" and not some barner!

Congrats Melly!! Hope it is a great day for you and the new hubby!

Thats pretty cool that you can order butterflies by mail!! :D

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials!

Since I've kind of found myself slinking back into lurking mode I figure this is an excellent thread to get back into it....

My wife and I's first anniversary was just yesterday (3/24). We got married one year ago in Las Vegas. It was without a doubt, the best time of my life. We had our ceremony/reception at Caesars Palace. It was actually a fairly "traditional" wedding.. except that it was in Vegas, with about 80 friends/family making the trip out to Vegas. We had so much fun that weekend. Had the "rehearsal" dinner at the Bellagio buffet and an unforgettable reception at Caesars. Great food, great drink and since only the people we "really cared" about made the trip to Vegas everything was absolutely perfect!

Clicky

The day after, we rented a cabana by the pool and spent the day lounging around watching basketball (elite 8 games) by the pool!

We still haven't been able to go on a honeymoon. I'm trying to get something thrown together for April. We're going to try to do 6 days in New York. We both love big cities/museums/live theater and have never been to New York (No, i'm not really into the tropics).

Anyhow, I hope everything goes smoothly on your big day. Mine was certainly the best day of my life and I wish you nothing but the best for your wedding day. Savor every moment!

-d.

Congrats that is awesome.

I will be honest I cried like a little girl from the first bridesmaid to walk down the aisle until the Pastor startedd the vows, my best man new me well enough to bring tissues. It was awesome, our receptions seemed to fly by. We stayed ina local B&B because we weren't leaving for our honeymoon for 2 more days, Sayre Mansion in Allentown, PA. The for our honeymoon we spent a couple days in the Poconos, relaxing, getting amssages, drinking champagne and eating fruit and cheese and chocolate. Cool ass room with a champagne glass hot tub. Then we spent a couple of days in NYC at the... I don't remember the name of it, some French named hotel where our room faced the Cup O Noodles sign in Times Square. We walked around, ate pizza, Italian food, and drank beer. She was even cool enough to let us slide into a bar and watch the Chargers opening game. Still happy today, want to have kids in the near future.