• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some personal info for my other family….

Had a follow up yesterday, at my Ocular Oncologist. Lots of pictures, scans, eye dilated and other shit stuffed in my eye. Anyone ever have an ultrasound, on your eyeball? That was fun. I also got to sit through 6 rounds of numbing drops put in my eye and then an eye speculum inserted to keep my eye open. Worst part was the rather long needle they inserted into my eye, to inject Avastin which helps to prevents further tumor/eyesight damage. The numbing drops helped to take alleviate the pain, but the pressure in my eye was pretty crazy when he inserted the needle.

Overall, my eye is doing fine. My sight in my good eye is 20/15 and my bad eye, I could barely see the bottom letters on the 80 chart, had to guess on a few. The tumor shrunk a little and the amount of fluid is decreasing. Can’t complain too much, at this point. Scheduled to get 3 Avastin shots a year, for 2 years, then adjust accordingly. Also scheduled to give blood twice a year, have chest X-rays and an MRI of the abdomen once a year.

This is normal now. I appreciate everyone here and those that checked in on me! Smoke those saved cigars, you just never know.
I am glad to hear you are doing well. I had Avastin shots 10 years ago, not for a tumor but for a blockage causing vessel growth on the retina causing a big black spot in my vision. It worked well. (I need bifocals but the ophthalmologist said most 64 year olds do.) Keep enjoying your cigars !

So, what's the official status on this Brandon? How are you doing and what's your future prognosis?

Thanks for asking John, yesterday was a year since surgery. The new norm is yearly MRIs, CT scans, ultrasounds and X-rays. Bloodwork every 4 months, to ensure nothing is getting out of whack. I go to OKC every 4 months as well, for new scans/pictures and shots in my eye. I still have my eyesight in my left eye, but it’s blurry. Peripheral vision is perfect, just can’t really focus in that eye. Glasses don’t help, so it’s just something I’ll have to deal with forever now.

The biggest worry is the cancer metastasizing to my liver. I can’t live constantly worrying about what ifs. But it’s a weird feeling knowing you have cancer and trying to balance life, with that in the back of your head.

Thanks for asking John, yesterday was a year since surgery. The new norm is yearly MRIs, CT scans, ultrasounds and X-rays. Bloodwork every 4 months, to ensure nothing is getting out of whack. I go to OKC every 4 months as well, for new scans/pictures and shots in my eye. I still have my eyesight in my left eye, but it’s blurry. Peripheral vision is perfect, just can’t really focus in that eye. Glasses don’t help, so it’s just something I’ll have to deal with forever now.

The biggest worry is the cancer metastasizing to my liver. I can’t live constantly worrying about what ifs. But it’s a weird feeling knowing you have cancer and trying to balance life, with that in the back of your head.
I bet that is a bit of a mind f#%k! I mean that's what the vast majority of anxiety comes from. The mind focusing on a bunch of what if's and things you have no control over.

Wishing you well buddy!