• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Some personal info for my other family….

Had my follow up with my Ocular Oncologist yesterday. After a 3 hr appt, looks like the melanoma hasn’t shrunk any significant amount, but the amount of fluid it’s releasing is dramatically reduced. According to the doctor, the tumor might not shrink by a lot, but is dead when it’s no longer releasing fluid. Looks like we’re on our way, to it dieing 🤞I will have scheduled labs, ultrasounds and MRIs that I’ll schedule through my internal medicine doctor. I’ll also get Avastin injections in my eye, every 4 months for the first 2 years. So it’s a monitoring thing, from here on out.

I asked him about being “cancer free” and I don’t know if that’s ever possible, with ocular melanoma. Once the tumor die or if you have your eyeball removed, there still could be cancer cells in your bloodstream, that could metastasize in your liver mainly, but other places as well. The genetic testing of the biopsy, classified in 3 classes. I fall into the 1A class, which means that after 5 years, I only have a 2% chance of the cancer metastasizing elsewhere. Class 1B sits at 21% and Class 2 is 72% after 5 years. Luckily, I fell into the best category, but everyone is different.

Ultimately, great news for now. Just waiting on this thing to completely die. I appreciate all the words of encouragement from all of you. ❤️

Had my follow up with my Ocular Oncologist yesterday. After a 3 hr appt, looks like the melanoma hasn’t shrunk any significant amount, but the amount of fluid it’s releasing is dramatically reduced. According to the doctor, the tumor might not shrink by a lot, but is dead when it’s no longer releasing fluid. Looks like we’re on our way, to it dieing 🤞I will have scheduled labs, ultrasounds and MRIs that I’ll schedule through my internal medicine doctor. I’ll also get Avastin injections in my eye, every 4 months for the first 2 years. So it’s a monitoring thing, from here on out.

I asked him about being “cancer free” and I don’t know if that’s ever possible, with ocular melanoma. Once the tumor die or if you have your eyeball removed, there still could be cancer cells in your bloodstream, that could metastasize in your liver mainly, but other places as well. The genetic testing of the biopsy, classified in 3 classes. I fall into the 1A class, which means that after 5 years, I only have a 2% chance of the cancer metastasizing elsewhere. Class 1B sits at 21% and Class 2 is 72% after 5 years. Luckily, I fell into the best category, but everyone is different.

Ultimately, great news for now. Just waiting on this thing to completely die. I appreciate all the words of encouragement from all of you. ❤️
My brother, that is great news. Baby steps and take the victories as they come. I know you'll have prayers coming from your CP family. Hang tough.

Floyd T

This is great news! I am really glad you are healing well and the Melanoma is dying off. Keep up the hard work!

Awesome news and seems like you to are pleased with the current status. Wishing you continued positive results.

That is great news , Brandon!

Did you get any resolution regarding the explosive flatulence problem - was it really just a side affect from the radiation treatment?