• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Space Geeks

Too late for me here, but I figured that if it was successful I could watch the replay on YouTube. If it wasn't successful, I could watch the replay on the news websites...
lol !!

They are going to try and launch the 3d Printed Rocket again tonight @ 9pm CST. If you click the link now, you can login to YouTube and ask it to notify you when they go live.. It's way easier to remember that way.
Watch it here:

Cool info here:

They are going to try and launch the 3d Printed Rocket again tonight @ 9pm CST. If you click the link now, you can login to YouTube and ask it to notify you when they go live.. It's way easier to remember that way.
Watch it here:

Cool info here:
This did launch last night at 22:25 CST last night. You can watch the reply on the link above.

They were able to push through MAXQ (Maximum Dynamic Pressure on the rocket) and they had a successful stage one separation. At that point the second stage is suppose to light and take it for 5 more minutes and insert the stage 2 and payload (There wasn't one on this test) into lower earth orbit. Well the second stage lit for a moment but then failed. They consider this a huge success because they showed a 3D printed rocket can make it through MAXQ.

SpaceX is going to try and launch another starlink missing today at 12:30pm CST. Was originally 10:30am CST but it looks like they delayed it.

Info about Starlink:

Huge possible starship launch. This could launch at be 815am CST. They will catch the first stage, and after the second stage orbits the earth it will splash into the ocean after a belly flop. I will post more later but try and watch

Next attempt to launch the Starship will be tomorrow at 8am CST. This launch will shatter all kinds of records if it happens. Below is the long version and is VERY interesting IMO. The short version is this will be the largest ship to every launch when it leaves the group. It has a payload capacity of 10 Falcon 9 rockets. Also NASA has already paid for a moon and mars landing with this vehicle. Stage 1 uses 33 Raptor engines working together to launch.

In case I don't get the link posted tomorrow am, here is the youtube channel who will live stream it. You should be able to click the link and see what is currently "live" tomorrow am.

Here is the long version of why this is so cool!

T Minus 6 minutes if anyone is looking.

And holding at 0:40 for now.

Looks like it blew up trying to separate the 1st stage. The commentators were mentioning the thing doing a flip, I can't imagine flipping a rocket that size at that speed (2000km/h).

Last edited:
@ChuckJr @Pugman1943 @{tpc} - I watched it quickly and didn't have the volume but I don't think the flip was on purpose. If you watch the lower left corner it showed that I think 5 engines were not on. I'd assume that is what caused the ship to be uncontrollable. We will have to wait for them to figure out what happened but it was "successful" because it lifted off. Now they need to tweak it. It was never a plan to insert it into full orbit. The plan was to get it until low stage unstable orbit and once it went around the earth once it was going to crash into the ocean. So technically they didn't lose anything they didn't plan to lose anyway. Just in a different way.

I think the booster was supposed to flip for re-entry (after separation) and it started that before it separated from the upper stage, causing the whole rocket to start tumbling. The way the commentators were casually discussing the flip maneuver as the rocket was tumbling out of control kind of caught me off guard. I don't think the 5 engines being out (there were 6 out for a bit) caused all this mess, it's not unheard of for rocket engines to cut out early during a launch, they usually compensate by just running the remaining engines a bit longer. Since this test surely wasn't near maximum payload, I bet they weren't too concerned.

Yeah, they seemed pretty stoked that it made it as far as it did. That's a big rocket, you could tell by how long from ignition until it even moved that it was a hoss.