• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Space Geeks

I'd like to see another cluster of Starlink sats go by, tough to be in the right place at the right time.
Wait 5 years, I fear it'll be hard to see the stars around all the clusters of satellites

Is there a site that shows projected trajectory and "viewing" for the Starlink clusters?

At 12:15pm CST today, a new company will try their first launch attempt. The neat thing about this rocket is it is the first attempt to launch a 3d printed rocket.
Link to reading: https://everydayastronaut.com/good-luck-have-fun-terran-1/
Good Luck, Have Fun (GLHF) is Relativity Space’s first mission taking off from Launch Complex 16 (LC-16) at the Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, USA. This launch will be the first 3D printed rocket to ever take to the skies. Since this is a test flight for the company to prove Terran 1’s capabilities, there’s only a small 3D printed metal plug under the nose cone and no real payload. After the failed maiden flight of the Chinese Zhuque-2, Relativity Space is taking a shot at the title of getting the first methane powered rocket into orbit.

Live Stream is already live:

At 12:15pm CST today, a new company will try their first launch attempt. The neat thing about this rocket is it is the first attempt to launch a 3d printed rocket.
Link to reading: https://everydayastronaut.com/good-luck-have-fun-terran-1/
Good Luck, Have Fun (GLHF) is Relativity Space’s first mission taking off from Launch Complex 16 (LC-16) at the Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, USA. This launch will be the first 3D printed rocket to ever take to the skies. Since this is a test flight for the company to prove Terran 1’s capabilities, there’s only a small 3D printed metal plug under the nose cone and no real payload. After the failed maiden flight of the Chinese Zhuque-2, Relativity Space is taking a shot at the title of getting the first methane powered rocket into orbit.

Live Stream is already live:
Delayed to 1:20pm CST

Trying to launch now at 2:45 CST

Last edited:
This event made our flight be delayed for 3 hours. They closed all air space around Florida. All flight into Florida had to go the west coast route so instead of the straight down the coast line path we had to make a semicircle inland adding an extra hour to the flight 🤬

This event made our flight be delayed for 3 hours. They closed all air space around Florida. All flight into Florida had to go the west coast route so instead of the straight down the coast line path we had to make a semicircle inland adding an extra hour to the flight 🤬
That sucks!!!!

They didn't even launch it, which makes it even worse. Next possible attempt is Thursday around Noon CST

Same happened to me on my flight from BDL to SJU. Delayed us AND added an extra hour of flight time. It made for a long day, but unfortunately this happens a lot with the airspace CF that is Florida.

Launch upcoming at 5pm CST

Info on the launch

That was pretty cool.
Yeah another success for Rocket Lab. I'd love to see them recover the first stage also, but at this point its really only SpaceX who can achieve that. I hate how much waste there is.

Yeah another success for Rocket Lab. I'd love to see them recover the first stage also, but at this point its really only SpaceX who can achieve that. I hate how much waste there is.
I wonder why it is not possible to engineer an inflatable flotation system in the first stage somehow. Probably add a significant amount of weight, and maybe heat may be an issue?

I wonder why it is not possible to engineer an inflatable flotation system in the first stage somehow. Probably add a significant amount of weight, and maybe heat may be an issue?
I know some companies fish the 1st state and fairings out of the water.. Not sure who and how successful they are.

Launch 1 successful, you can watch the replay on the same link.
Too late for me here, but I figured that if it was successful I could watch the replay on YouTube. If it wasn't successful, I could watch the replay on the news websites...