• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Space Geeks

SpaceX Falcon9 Heavy is going up in 10 Minutes
Info:

Stream for 8:40 CST
If you rewatch it, at the 25 minute 30 second mark the 2 stage 1 boosters start their landing. That is still incredible to me.

At 12:15pm today CST rocket labs is going to have a launch (weather and issues pending). The cool part about this launch is they actually catch the 1st stage rocket with a helicopter.

Information about the launch

Link to watch at T-20

I didn't have the sound on, did they miss it?
They just said that the helicopter reported that the rocket was not going to be able to be recoverable in the air, and that it was going to be an ocean recovery. If they said why, I did not catch it.

They just said that the helicopter reported that the rocket was not going to be able to be recoverable in the air, and that it was going to be an ocean recovery. If they said why, I did not catch it.
gotcha thanks!

They could not catch a falling rocket in the air with a helicopter? Fucking rookies.
They have done it in the past, fast forward the below link to 51:54 You don't actually seen them hook it but you see the rocket, parachute and the hook from the helicopter.

They could not catch a falling rocket in the air with a helicopter? Fucking rookies.

Ikr? We can fly them remotely on other planets but can't catch a rocket here with one.. wtf?

It's not like it's rocket sci... oh wait.. 🚁🚀🥅

Maiden flight for RS1 rocket for ABL Space Systems. They idea is to make the rocket simple so they can rapidly reproduce rockets quickly and all in house. Their company moto is "Even rockets can be simple". They are made to fit in shipping containers so they can move them around to launch sites quickly. Also they can launch from anywhere with a 50x150 ft cement pad.

Information about the launch

Currently there is no Live Stream. If that changes I'll update it here.

I haven't posted for quite a while. The world is launching rockets about every 2-3 days. Here is a few things coming up if anyone cares.
EDIT: You can use those links to watch after its launched also.

Last night Mitsubishi Heavy Industries tried to launch their H3 rocket but it failed. Bad part for us is it basically just fizzled, no explosions or anything. They have pushed their launch out 10 days from now to try again. Failing starts at 56:10.

Today starting at Noon CST - SpaceX is launching more Starlink Satellites
Info Link

Today Starting at 9:45pm CST - SpaceX is doing another launch of a Satellite
Info Link

Notable:
SpaceX is going to launch another 4 person crew into space on Sunday the 26th early early early in the morning. I'll try and remember to post a link once they do. Here is some quick info on who is going - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX_Crew-6

Also twice in the last 2 months a Russian ship hooked to the ISS has suffered a Coolant leak. The most recent one also depressurized the ship. The 7 person crew is not in any danger but that's not exactly something you want to hear when you are traveling around earth at 17,500 MPH and orbiting earth every 90 minutes.. Once the above mentioned new crew arrives, 4 people will go home on that ship... With the most recent mishaps, I bet they'll be overly excited to leave.
Info Link

Last edited:
Notable:
SpaceX is going to launch another 4 person crew into space on Sunday the 26th early early early in the morning. I'll try and remember to post a link once they do. Here is some quick info on who is going - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpaceX_Crew-6

Here is the link for the Crew Dragon Launch Sunday night late

SpaceX Crew Dragon 6 it set to retry the launch at 23:30 CST tonight
Link to watch or REWATCH if you don't want to get up that early/late to watch it

Crew Dragon 6 launched last night
Replay -

You can watch them start docking with the ISS at 10:30pm CST tonight

Also at 12:30pm CST today you can watch SpaceX launch another cluster of Starlink Satellites