• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Special Occasion Cigar

Saving these for children, weddings, important birthdays, etc.:
Dunhill Atado
Padron Millennium
Boli Gold Medal

I also have a few Upmann Royal Coronas that my parents brought back from Cuba that I'm saving just because.

I have a few "specials" lined up for the day of my wedding. Hope I find time to smoke! :0

My special occasion smoke is pretty much my entire humidor, as I can't ever get myself to smoke any of my premiums, at least not when it's 10 degrees out.

Actually, I take that back. An Opus X Football gets smoked when the Bills win a SuperBowl. I think that cigar is pretty safe tho... can't see it happening! :)

moki said:
Actually, I take that back. An Opus X Football gets smoked when the Bills win a SuperBowl. I think that cigar is pretty safe tho... can't see it happening! :)
[snapback]256796[/snapback]​

I have seen your great pictures but I really can't imagine smoking such a weird shape, its even bigger than the "egg" isn't it?

I hear RASS's only get better with age and ive got one thats got a good amount on it. Swissy sent it to me months ago and it sounded like he had it for a while...its going to be aging till june/july timeframe for when my line number comes up and i put SSgt on...should have at LEAST a years time on it. Cant wait!!

But my go-to special smoke is a PAM torpedo...no aging needed. Just cut, light and enjoy!

HEY! We have a 1 in 30 chance just like everybody else. Don't put that one too deep in the humi it will happen yet! :D

moki said:

Anytime I get an hours peace where I can spark 1 is a special occassion

Marito said:
[snapback]257883[/snapback]​

Amen!

Trust me, the Bills do not have a 1 in 30 chance... heh

AVB said:
HEY! We have a 1 in 30 chance just like everybody else. Don't put that one too deep in the humi it will happen yet! :D

moki said:
Actually, I take that back.  An Opus X Football gets smoked when the Bills win a SuperBowl.  I think that cigar is pretty safe tho... can't see it happening! :)
[snapback]257855[/snapback]​

You don't adhere to the "On any given Sunday" rule eh?

moki said:
Trust me, the Bills do not have a 1 in 30 chance... heh

fetterjohn said:
Marito said:

Amen!
[snapback]257891[/snapback]​

Nice to hear I'm not alone. Monte #2 or ISOM Cohiba churchill

For me a special occasion cigar is something rare, something I have very few of, perhaps only one. It should be a bit longer than the usual one's I smoke, giving it a more elegant look. Right now it could be a PAM ´64. If I had eg. a Cohiba Esplendidos or Monte "A" it would be the one. They have "special occasion cigar" written all over them.

-John

Cohiba Sublime when they repeal the smoking ban in Minneapolis.Hope Hope

Marito said:

Hell yeah I'm looking sadly at an Ashton VSG that I've been really wanting to try. Sadly because I need to find time to sit down and smoke it and find the balls to go out in siberia when I do.

In 10 days (my 25th birthday) I get to fire up a 1980 Monte A.

Other than that, I don't believe in needing special occasions. I also don't believe in forcing yourself to smoke a crappy cigar, whether it's 1 $1 smoke or a $30 smoke. If it's bad, I toss it and grab something else. Life's too short to not enjoy your cigar!

Cheers,
Dixie

My go to special cigars are PAMs. I have a couple of the forbidden X in tubes that I think will be saved for a special occasion with my dad. Haven't been around long enough to get anything too special yet though.

CYG

dixieland_conjunction Posted Today said:
Other than that, I don't believe in needing special occasions. I also don't believe in forcing yourself to smoke a crappy cigar, whether it's 1 $1 smoke or a $30 smoke. If it's bad, I toss it and grab something else. Life's too short to not enjoy your cigar!

I'm slowly starting to figure that one out! I've already smoked way too many bad ones!

I totally agree with avoiding crappy smokes!

You should help yourself to smoking "special Occasion" smokes at least once a week or once every other week!