• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SPRING FEVER PASS (April pass)

Martin, where is there a 10 dollar stick for a 20 dollar stick?

Posted by Brandon here,
I didn't mention this one as I thought it was fair enough. I know it is suspect, but I would not mind the trade. The opus is $9 and hard to come by. You can get the Padron 26 #2 for $12 from a vendor on this site (don't PM me) , so I didn't mention it. Maybe George or Emo can chime in on this one. I know George loves those "26 #2's

Brandon

The Opus isnt a cigar your just gonna walk in somewhere in buy, most the time the internet vendors are even out. When the Padron can be picked up at a BM or on the net everyday.

I have asked twice, and I will ask again.

To me, it still looks like the last two shouldn't work, but the xXx has already been discussed.

YOU discussed it. I'd like you to send me 10 Opus X for 80 bucks??? I'll send ya 80 bucks every two weeks and you send me Opus X xxx.
You can't, because they aren't enough out there to buy 10 from anyone hardly at one time, much less regularly.

If every BOTL I have talked to about that swap seen no problem....(except one!! and his ass don't count...lol) Explain to me ...is it just the dollar for dollar? Do you not have a problem picking up Opus X's, are that readily available to you?

Let me Know!

Loyd

Yeah, I know about the Opus. Thats why I said it's a done deal. I'm talking the Anejo for the ESG. Anejo 55 is $9.50 and the ESG runs $20+. ESG seem pretty difficult to get now, just like the Anejo. This is what I need explanation for.

Edit: I don't want you to think I'm busting your balls Loyd, I don't want you to not get the sticks you want. I just want to hear the FOG's thought process on this since I don't understand.

Yeah, I know about the Opus. Thats why I said it's a done deal. I'm talking the Anejo for the ESG. Anejo 55 is $9.50 and the ESG runs $20+. ESG seem pretty difficult to get now, just like the Anejo. This is what I need explanation for.

Edit: I don't want you to think I'm busting your balls Loyd, I don't want you to not get the sticks you want. I just want to hear the FOG's thought process on this since I don't understand.
Phlicker paid $13.50 for the ESG at Holt's. The anejo isn't readily available in most B&M's either....and if you're going by the MSRP on the anejo, show me where it can be had for $9.50

205468793_015ee3a300.jpg

Popcorn! Get your fresh hot Popcorn right here. :laugh:

Phlicker paid $13.50 for the ESG at Holt's. The anejo isn't readily available in most B&M's either....and if you're going by the MSRP on the anejo, show me where it can be had for $9.50

...um, the same place I got the ESG for $13.50...Holts (when they have them). They never charge more than MSRP on their super-premiums and HTFs. I'm not breaking stones here, either, but if you're going to inflate the price of the Anejos over and above MSRP due to demand/rarity, then it's not quite equitable to quote MSRP on the ESG just because the person who put it into the pass happened to buy it at that price.

IMO, if you're going to compare MSRP to MSRP, you're comparing $9.50 to $13.50, a $4 discrepancy. If you're going to inflate the value of the Anejo due to rarity/demand, you have to do the same for the ESG, especially considering the fact that they're OR and only being released for 1 year (until all 5 vitolas are released, at which point all ESGs will become regular production sticks. However, once all the Chuchills and Robustos in circulation are sold out, it'll be over 3 years, before they're all seen again).

That's just my $0.02, and I'm a n00b, so WTH do I know?

YEAH baby!, Now I'm learning some stuff.
I didnt add any inflation or premiums due to rarity on the anejo, I went to 4 sites and those were the prices stated. The guys I talked to said it would be a even flop, however I would prolly catch some flack over it from both sides of the coin, the only reason I offer the #55 up is because I have four of them. If I had only had one I(me personally) wouldn't swap for an ESG(cause I know the #55 is an awesome smoke, no clue on the ESG).....but I don't have an ESG, so I figured I would let one go for it. If people dont think this is a fair swap I'll take it off. The last thing I want to do is take advantage of anything, or make an unfair swap. I talked to some older guys about it and , it was deemed acceptable, they however aren't part of this pass and if the guys here don't like it then it's no biggie. I found the 9.50 MSRP suggestions for it....but have searched for hours for one at that price and haven't come close.

LOYD

Martin, I don't think your bustin my balls at all bro. Just wanted an explanation that everyone could understand and see. I didnt see it so I reposted that PT... We all have opinions about whats what. I'm getting alot of information to carry to future passes. Great learning experience.

YEAH baby!, Now I'm learning some stuff.
I didnt add any inflation or premiums due to rarity on the anejo, I went to 4 sites and those were the prices stated. The guys I talked to said it would be a even flop, however I would prolly catch some flack over it from both sides of the coin, the only reason I offer the #55 up is because I have four of them. If I had only had one I(me personally) wouldn't swap for an ESG(cause I know the #55 is an awesome smoke, no clue on the ESG).....but I don't have an ESG, so I figured I would let one go for it. If people dont think this is a fair swap I'll take it off. The last thing I want to do is take advantage of anything, or make an unfair swap. I talked to some older guys about it and , it was deemed acceptable, they however aren't part of this pass and if the guys here don't like it then it's no biggie. I found the 9.50 MSRP suggestions for it....but have searched for hours for one at that price and haven't come close.

LOYD

Martin, I don't think your bustin my balls at all bro. Just wanted an explanation that everyone could understand and see. I didnt see it so I reposted that PT... We all have opinions about whats what. I'm getting alot of information to carry to future passes. Great learning experience.

LOYD,

I personally have no problem w/ the trade, but I'm an Anejo whore, and think their "value" is much higher than MSRP. I was just throwing some reasons out as to why people may have questioned the P/T. I got raked over the coals in both this pass and the FNG pass, so I was just helpin' a brother out. If it were up to me, and the pass was coming back my way with either an ESG (which, BTW is very good, much better than the Churchills were) or an Anejo, I'd say make the swap and send me the #55!

Good luck w/ this, though...and if you want to trade off-line for one, LMK.

-Mike

...um, the same place I got the ESG for $13.50...Holts (when they have them). They never charge more than MSRP on their super-premiums and HTFs. I'm not breaking stones here, either, but if you're going to inflate the price of the Anejos over and above MSRP due to demand/rarity, then it's not quite equitable to quote MSRP on the ESG just because the person who put it into the pass happened to buy it at that price.

IMO, if you're going to compare MSRP to MSRP, you're comparing $9.50 to $13.50, a $4 discrepancy. If you're going to inflate the value of the Anejo due to rarity/demand, you have to do the same for the ESG, especially considering the fact that they're OR and only being released for 1 year (until all 5 vitolas are released, at which point all ESGs will become regular production sticks. However, once all the Chuchills and Robustos in circulation are sold out, it'll be over 3 years, before they're all seen again).

That's just my $0.02, and I'm a n00b, so WTH do I know?
:blush: ......guess I should continue to stay on the sidelines. I only brought that up about the ESG'S because somehow the price range that's been given has been between the $20-$25 range and the price on the anejo was $9.50. I don't dispute the rarity in either one, nor am I saying because you bought it for a certain price that someone can automatically trade for it at that price. I'm just trying to figure out where some of these prices are coming from because everytime there's an issue with P/T's, somebody is throwing out rediculous prices. ( Anejo 77 $25-$30 and $20-$25 for the ESG??). I sincerely hope they're not buying from that vendor.

everytime there's an issue with P/T's, somebody is throwing out rediculous prices. ( Anejo 77 $25-$30 and $20-$25 for the ESG??). I sincerely hope they're not buying from that vendor.

Dunno about others, but I certainly wouldn't be buying them at that price! ...and if anyone did, I sincerely hope the board wouldn't allow them to trade them in passes at such ridiculously inflated prices for a cigar that legitimately costs $20.

BTW, I just realized you may have been quoting the wrong ESG when you were talking about the $20+ price. The Churchills, released last year, retailed for $18/per, which if you factor in some price creep due to the demand, ~$20 isn't out of the question. The Robustos, however, released this year, retailed for $13.50 (at least when I bought them...I know published MSRP is $17.50...don't get me started on that, though).

LOYD, I am OK with the trade.

Lets move on shale we.

Man this pass is really full of life, is it not.

Beside I just picked up a Cuban Davidoff for only $7.49 and I am not going to trade that for anything under $10.00

LOYD, I am OK with the trade.

Lets move on shale we.

Man this pass is really full of life, is it not.

Beside I just picked up a Cuban Davidoff for only $7.49 and I am not going to trade that for anything under $10.00

:love: :love:

pm sent.... :sign:

FWIW, I'd take an Anejo for an ESG any day. Then again, I would take an ESG for an Anejo any day also. I think people are trying to split hairs here. There are proponents in each corner. Perceived value is just that, perception.

Emo

WOW what a great learning experience. I never thought I would learn so much about MSRP on cigars. Every noobie should read this pass before getting in to one. There is tons of knowledge here. Thanks again Jay. Looks like one more stop and then this one will go down in the books!! :thumbs:

Is the gulf coast ready for this thing?

LOL, O how many Spring breaks I spent down there years ago!!!!!!!

What a time!

Is the gulf coast ready for this thing?

LOL, O how many Spring breaks I spent down there years ago!!!!!!!

What a time!
LOYD please list P/T in order thanks

Jay, I don't even know what going on. :sign:

Time for a contest

Spring fever is this pass, and keeping with this thyme, I want too see your best spring pic.

There can be three pics posted buy all members of this pass.
Photos related to spring time, your photos not net pics.
There will be three separate winners and three prises.

First Place
1) God Of Fire 2005
1) Opus-X Perfecxion No.2 2005
1) RASS P08-jul06
IMG_3916.jpg

Second Place

1) ANEJO Reserva XtraViejo
1) AVO 80TH
1) H Upman Monarch GEP-jun 03
IMG_3911.jpg

Third Place

1) Opus-X Petit Lancero 2005
1) Coronado by La Flor
1) Rj Short Churchill GTL-ABR06
IMG_3910.jpg

Thanks Tom

Number THREE of THE BREAST SPRING picture contest. cody5thou
IMG_4001.jpg

Number TWO garrettbuckeye
IMG_4002.jpg

Number ONE of the BREAST SPRING picture contest.Martin2D
IMG_4004.jpg

Thanks too every one that took pics, The voting was done by other pass members and the girls at Starbucks.

I will try and get the packages out tomarrow.

Thanks again guys this pass has been well LONG. :sign:

:0 :0

Wow... you have some very friendly girls at your starbucks.

Congrats to the winners!!

Haha, I guess I was WAY off on ESG prices. I wasn't trying to split hairs..I feel bad, but I just wanted to know the reasoning. I don't have a problem with the trade, nor did I mean to hold up the pass

On another note....WOOHOO!!! I love that pic and it's even better with Jay's misses in it.....Congrats to all the winners and Phlicker.

Nice Jay, those look great. Thanks again for the contest. Congrats to all, there are some great pics.