• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spring Pass Offical Thread

Gavins
Take: 13) PSD4 19
Put: Romeo y Julieta Corona 1998
more Price vs Age,

Question how is age handled on this now? If I wanted to put a new psd4 and take the RyJ would that work? Basically a reverse. I do not have anything aged like that.

Gavins
Take: 13) PSD4 19
Put: Romeo y Julieta Corona 1998
more Price vs Age,

Question how is age handled on this now? If I wanted to put a new psd4 and take the RyJ would that work? Basically a reverse. I do not have anything aged like that.
I know I’d be good with it, for what it’s worth. Part of the intention was for some brothers to get to try some older cigars.

Ok my PTs for review.
NC
  • Take 8. Tat Monster Karloff put Tatuaje CQ2 TGS 2021 Edition​
  • Take 11. Liga Privada T52 - Toro put Alec Bradley Black Market Filthy Hooligan SHAMROCK 2021​
CC
  • Take 5. Fonseca Cosaco Nisutth 03 1998 put hoyo de monterrey le hoyo de san juan RAT MAY 20.​
  • Take 11. Hoyo de Monterey No 2 - ABO MAR 19 put Romeo Y Julieta - Short Churchill bop jun 19​
  • Take 13. Romeo y Julieta Corona 1998 put Partagas Serie D No.4 sou Nov 20​

Ok my PTs for review.
NC
  • Take 8. Tat Monster Karloff put Tatuaje CQ2 TGS 2021 Edition​
  • Take 11. Liga Privada T52 - Toro put Alec Bradley Black Market Filthy Hooligan SHAMROCK 2021​
CC
  • Take 5. Fonseca Cosaco Nisutth 03 1998 put hoyo de monterrey le hoyo de san juan RAT MAY 20.​
  • Take 11. Hoyo de Monterey No 2 - ABO MAR 19 put Romeo Y Julieta - Short Churchill bop jun 19​
  • Take 13. Romeo y Julieta Corona 1998 put Partagas Serie D No.4 sou Nov 20​
Of course I defer to the Pass organizer but I was wondering what rational could support a 2020 stick of any size or mfg being traded for a 1998 stick?

Of course I defer to the Pass organizer but I was wondering what rational could support a 2020 stick of any size or mfg being traded for a 1998 stick?
If you look up a few post I asked how we handle this since Gavin put a 1998 cigar and took a new one. I good with whatever Dan decides but Gavin responded that he added the older cigars so other would have a chance of trying older cigars. If it is decided that it's not ok then I think it may need to be not allowed to take a new cigar and put such an old cigar so not to make it impossible for some in pass.

If you look up a few post I asked how we handle this since Gavin put a 1998 cigar and took a new one. I good with whatever Dan decides but Gavin responded that he added the older cigars so other would have a chance of trying older cigars. If it is decided that it's not ok then I think it may need to be not allowed to take a new cigar and put such an old cigar so not to make it impossible for some in pass.

we are at a bit of dilemma here.
I would like for this to be fun and have people enjoy the experience while getting a chance to try different cigars they might have not smoked previously.
Also puts takes should be close to or similar in value / rarity.
@Gavin just wanted to give people further down the pass a chance to try some aged sticks
@drunkfish3 i also completely understand that you might want to try something aged but don’t have anything with that much age to replace it

how about a solution down the middle @drunkfish3 let’s do either 5 or 13 1998vs2020.

going forward let’s try to stick to similar age/rarity for the trades.

Once the pass is complete You will see it’s final contents. Everyone has 2 weeks to let me know if there is something there that they want to smoke but did not have what they thought would be appropriate to trade for. Wishes will be granted magically 😉 but after 2 weeks I will start sacrificing these to the cigar gods one by one 😋

we are at a bit of dilemma here.
I would like for this to be fun and have people enjoy the experience while getting a chance to try different cigars they might have not smoked previously.
Also puts takes should be close to or similar in value / rarity.
@Gavin just wanted to give people further down the pass a chance to try some aged sticks
@drunkfish3 i also completely understand that you might want to try something aged but don’t have anything with that much age to replace it

how about a solution down the middle @drunkfish3 let’s do either 5 or 13 1998vs2020.

going forward let’s try to stick to similar age/rarity for the trades.
Ok my revised PTs for review.
NC
  • Take 8. Tat Monster Karloff put Tatuaje CQ2 TGS 2021 Edition
  • Take 11. Liga Privada T52 - Toro put Alec Bradley Black Market Filthy Hooligan SHAMROCK 2021
CC
  • Take 11. Hoyo de Monterey No 2 - ABO MAR 19 put Romeo Y Julieta - Short Churchill bop jun 19
  • Take 13. Romeo y Julieta Corona 1998 put Partagas Serie D No.4 sou Nov 20

I don't think we need to restrict someone putting an aged Cuban in. It's basically the same as someone taking $10 stick and putting a $20 stick.......it's just their generosity. If that results in someone not being able to take that $20 stick, then sobeit.

I don't think we need to restrict someone putting an aged Cuban in. It's basically the same as someone taking $10 stick and putting a $20 stick.......it's just their generosity. If that results in someone not being able to take that $20 stick, then sobeit.
This is why was hesitant doing passes in past. If I was at the end by the time to got to me everything was either so rare or expensive that I couldn't trade for anything. I understand members are trying to be generous but in IHMO it hurts the pass for some.

Once the pass is complete You will see it’s final contents. Everyone has 2 weeks to let me know if there is something there that they want to smoke but did not have what they thought would be appropriate to trade for. Wishes will be granted magically 😉 but after 2 weeks I will start sacrificing these to the cigar gods one by one 😋
This is very cool of you Dan, I will take all the CCs I didn't already take 🤠

Edited to add.....because I never smoked that particular cigar :cool:

Last edited:
This is why was hesitant doing passes in past. If I was at the end by the time to got to me everything was either so rare or expensive that I couldn't trade for anything. I understand members are trying to be generous but in IHMO it hurts the pass for some.
I guess that could happen but I think there are enough sticks in here to ride out the occasional generosity.

I have to say it seems that everyone agrees that Gavin's Puts where out of generosity and to allow for someone the chance to try something with age, but then everyone says age for age. Very confusing? You can't have it both ways? You either have to say age for age, which includes puts or you have to make note that Gavin gave up some aged sticks out of generosity and they will be allowed to be taken at the original sticks age. I think Dan's compromise was good, limiting the aged sticks put in by Gavin to one take per member, if you don't have aged to put back, so that others down the line might have the opportunity as well. Just my .02, but what do I know, I'm the FNG, :p

I think it can be a very slippery slope if any pass has to have rules created or changed after the pass is in progress. If the host has to start limiting who can take what, it will ruin it for the host. A player's generous puts are simply that, generous puts. If you want that rare, hard to find, limited put, then take it.....under the rules of the pass.

I think it can be a very slippery slope if any pass has to have rules created or changed after the pass is in progress. If the host has to start limiting who can take what, it will ruin it for the host. A player's generous puts are simply that, generous puts. If you want that rare, hard to find, limited put, then take it.....under the rules of the pass.
Again very confusing. Who broke the rules? Gavin? If Gavin’s puts were out of generosity, then who is the generosity intended for? Another member with equally aged sticks or someone that does not have aged sticks? I argue it’s for the latter, but if not then I hope for the sake of 50% of the guys on this pass we don’t have too many generous givers or there will be nothing for them to trade.