• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Spring Pass Offical Thread

All in all I’ll follow Dan’s lead but I’m disappointed I didn’t catch what Gavin did and speak up earlier. I went back and reread the posts and now understand Chesters reaction but to take both.....now that’s a bit much. He put 2 aged sticks in the pass that were over puts to say the least but did so....so others could try one and that was generous. I’ll be keeping my trades to the traditional rules of a CP pass and anything outside of those trades will be a put only.

I know one of the boxes I bought recently, and they were like $8 a cigar which is not much different than a PSD4 or HdM Hoyo de San Juan. I got them as the HIGHEST bidder at auction. I do think y’all are overvaluing the age factor a bit, but I understand the confusion and I apologize for introducing it. Please believe it was well-intentioned, but you know how that road gets paved.

I know one of the boxes I bought recently, and they were like $8 a cigar which is not much different than a PSD4 or HdM Hoyo de San Juan. I got them as the HIGHEST bidder at auction. I do think y’all are overvaluing the age factor a bit, but I understand the confusion and I apologize for introducing it. Please believe it was well-intentioned, but you know how that road gets paved.
I think most, if not all of us, know it was well-intentioned and gratuitous (yup had to google the word to spell it right) and appreciated. Just trying to find the common rule denominator and go with it now, aka hash it out.

I don't want to pee in anyone's Wheaties but this is a LOT of discussion over a problem that doesn't exist. If this pass had gotten down to the end and there was little or nothing left but rare/expensive cigars, then this discussion may be warranted. But that's not the case and all indications are that it won't be. There are 2 or 3 cigars which could fall into that category and 40 or so which don't.

What most definitely has happened as a result of this discussion is that the people down the line will damn sure be leery about what they put in the pass.......and that's a shame.

To attach a perceived intent to a couple of over puts, by trying to think who they might not apply to, and how they could effect those people, is the slippery slope I mentioned earlier.

I went back and read most of the posts and, while I might have missed something, I don't think @Gavin generous puts should be in question here, and I don't think @CgarDan rules should be in question.

JMHO

sorry guy wasn't my intent to cause an issue. looking back I just got excited but realize trying to take both was wrong. Pass is all packed up and heading to Jon today.
Final PT's.
NC
  • Take 8. Tat Monster Karloff put Tatuaje CQ2 TGS 2021 Edition
  • Take 11. Liga Privada T52 - Toro put Alec Bradley Black Market Filthy Hooligan SHAMROCK 2021
CC
  • Take 11. Hoyo de Monterey No 2 - ABO MAR 19 put Romeo Y Julieta - Short Churchill bop jun 19
  • Take 13. Romeo y Julieta Corona 1998 put Partagas Serie D No.4 sou Nov 20
Extra puts
22. Undercrown shadyxx
23. Dunbarton ddt-ex-38 tg 2021

Given my recent fiasco with USPS losing a box with $600 worth of cigars, I have to ask if we should be using UPS? It's a few dollars more but it may end up being worth it? I think insurance is far less expensive with UPS as well.

Just a thought

I am finding this pass fascinating! I was out of the cigar buzz for a long time and now enjoy Cubans predominantly so these cigars in the non-cuban list are all strange to me.

But hey, we all like a little strange now and then :cool:

So everything looks in good shape. I am working on some P/T’s and will need some input to help guide me but let me put this out first:

Put 2018 Cohiba Siglo 3 / Take #2 LGC Exclusivo Espana

what is the value for the
Tatuaje CQ2
OSOK Los Tejanos Corona?

So everything looks in good shape. I am working on some P/T’s and will need some input to help guide me but let me put this out first:

Put 2018 Cohiba Siglo 3 / Take #2 LGC Exclusivo Espana

what is the value for the
Tatuaje CQ2
OSOK Los Tejanos Corona?
The tat is $13ish and we're limited to 100 ten packs

Sorry for the delay 1st post updated with Chester's Puts takes

Ok, here is what I have:
#8 Tatuaje CQ2 TGS 2021 Edition for 2018 Wiseman Maduro toro.

14) Fable - Churchill for Izzy House Brand Maduro.

18) OSOK Los Tejanos - corona for RoMa Aquitaine EMH
19) Casa Fernandez Arsenio. For Protocol/Cigar Dojo collaboration Taser.

2) LGC Exclusivo Espana for 2018 Cohiba Siglo 3.

Oh and a bit of clarification for the Izzy House brand cigar, it is a box press toro, Nicaraguan puro that retails for $10. I realize that few people know about them other then @BlindedByScience