• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suggestions for making CP even better...

Can a warning be placed in a users profile if they have been added to the scumbags list. Just in case they reach that achievement in life without actually getting banned?

Can a warning be placed in a users profile if they have been added to the scumbags list. Just in case they reach that achievement in life without actually getting banned?

There is, on vBulletin boards, the use of reputations. Reputations come in negative and positive flavours. So, if a user didn't keep their end of a bargain and was hammered into the "red" (the reputation shows up as little red dots for negative and green dots for positive) it'd be a pretty obvious thing -- without banning the user.

If a guy is bad enough to get on the scumbag list but not be banned from here, something is wrong.

Did I miss something? Should someone be banned?

One thing we won't do is install a reputation system - you can see how badly ebay is flawed. If someone screws up bad enough, they'll be banned, which means you won't be able to trade with them...

If a guy is bad enough to get on the scumbag list but not be banned from here, something is wrong.

I thought someone did get put on the list and did not get banned? ???

I thought someone did get put on the list and did not get banned? ???

Yes, exactly. Someone did and something is wrong...

Just b/c someone was put on the scumbag list, doesn't mean they are automatically banned. I've seen several instances where it was a motivating factor to correct their end, then they were removed.

Instead of beating around the bush, why don't you guys PM me? I don't have time to read every single thread. Just because someone is put on the scumbag list (and there are a few last I checked), does not necessarily mean they automatically get banned from CP. That has never been the case here.

Bring back POKER... You got men, cigars,pipes,booze,food, why not tie it all together with a friendly game of poker. I know others agree with me, so give some though.

Bring back POKER... You got men, cigars,pipes,booze,food, why not tie it all together with a friendly game of poker. I know others agree with me, so give some though.

Rod has expressed the reason he has removed poker. Why keep beating a dead horse? If you are only here to play poker then why not join a poker site? If you have friends that are members who want to play with you then let them know where you are so that they can play with you there? It has worked for the Chat people should be able to work for you as well.

First post in 3 weeks. And the last one was poker related, too. Do what Grapes said. Go find a poker site.

Hey Rod - or anyone who knows...

I didn't read through the 3 pages of suggestions, but is there a way to find people from your area? For example, I wanted to find people from Pittsburgh or Western PA, so I did a search for Pittsburgh, a million and 1 threads came up with anything to do with Pittsburgh. Its more of a people search option. It would be good for coordinating Herfs in order to find local people. Just a thought. There may be a way already, I just don't know it.

Thanks.

~ t

I didn't read through the 3 pages of suggestions, but is there a way to find people from your area? For example, I wanted to find people from Pittsburgh or Western PA, so I did a search for Pittsburgh, a million and 1 threads came up with anything to do with Pittsburgh. Its more of a people search option. It would be good for coordinating Herfs in order to find local people. Just a thought. There may be a way already, I just don't know it.

Thanks.

~ t

Facebook!

<not all members have a location set...so, your SOL. - coordinate a HERF by posting in the HERF thread>

Thanks.

~ t

Facebook!

I don't get it...

Thanks.

~ t

Facebook!

<not all members have a location set...so, your SOL. - coordinate a HERF by posting in the HERF thread>

That is just mean spirited, you need to help others and not be such a meanie. I've reported you to the authorities and your e-gold rating is being revoked. Next time you'll think twice before you post stuff like this :angry:

Thanks.

~ t

Facebook!

That is just mean spirited, you need to help others and not be such a meanie. I've reported you to the authorities and your e-gold rating is being revoked. Next time you'll think twice before you post stuff like this :angry:

Whatever - thanks for helping out!