• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Suggestions for making CP even better...

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Every so often I like to ask the membership how we can make CP even better. By asking this question in the past, we have had some very nice additions to CP, such as: new sub-forums (food forum, etc), texas hold'em poker table, photo gallery, chatroom, cigar info links, etc...

What is something you'd like to see at CP? Not all suggestions will be implemented, however they will ALL be considered.

One thing I've been thinking about doing is creating a podcast forum... You've probably noticed there are a ton of cigar podcasts, cigar shows, etc out there. While not all are what I consider to be truly informative, I have in fact found a handful of podcasts that are not only entertaining, but also very informative. I'm thinking about setting up a sub-forum for podcasts, and using RSS to automatically update the forum with links to the new podcasts as they come out. That's my suggestion for making CP more useful... What's yours?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide! It's suggestions from you guys who make CP one of the best cigar communities around...

Rod

This probably sounds petty but is there a way to make links in posts automatically underlined? I miss a lot of links in threads because they don't really stand out. I know I could set it up in my browser, but then it underlines EVERY link on the page, and that's a bit much.

Otherwise I think CP is doing just fine...

This probably sounds petty but is there a way to make links in posts automatically underlined? I miss a lot of links in threads because they don't really stand out. I know I could set it up in my browser, but then it underlines EVERY link on the page, and that's a bit much.

Otherwise I think CP is doing just fine...

X2 Mate

Can we have sharks,,,,, with lasers? Or flying cars. Thanks,,,,,, :D

What about being able to see a preview of the post by putting the cursor over the topic? Right now it gives when the topic was started.

Instead of having to check the "add a copy to sent folder" every time when sending a PM, make it an option to do it automatically (if wanted). Or, is this already there somewhere and I missed it?

Thanks Rod!

I wish I could go back to a PM and mark it "Unopened." So many times I nearly lose track because I cannot take care of business at that very moment.

What about being able to see a preview of the post by putting the cursor over the topic? Right now it gives when the topic was started.

Instead of having to check the "add a copy to sent folder" every time when sending a PM, make it an option to do it automatically (if wanted). Or, is this already there somewhere and I missed it?
Thanks Rod!

I think this would be useful also,,,, I'm starting to suffer from c.r.s. and have missed saving some needed pm's .

Would it be possible to get a a pinned link or something on the home page that had cigar terminology and definitions. Something that newbies (like me) could look at reference for information, perhaps with general wrapper characteristics and such. Sort of a general information clearing house, more than just forum jargon.

Forum Lingo

Brandon

Great idea. I've seen this on other forums and I find this convenient. Sometimes the titles are not too descriptive and a peek at the first line might save me a click. :D

Wilkey

EDIT - Nevermind, I'm blind...
Another forum I read has a feature called a "forum jump" that's pretty nice. There would be a button at the top of the page (like the buttons for Gallery/Calendar/Chatroom/etc.) named "Forum Jump" with a pull down arrow - when you click the button, all of the forums & subforums for the site appear in a nice structured window. Then you click on any of the forum names and it takes you directly to that subforum. Saves a few clicks of the forward/back buttons. Here's the forum that has it implemented: (a warning in that the format/skin/# of subforums this other site has gives me a headache - but the forum jump they have is cool :) ):

http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/

While there's always room for improvement, I love how you have this place setup Rod. Nice and clean with just enough subforums without getting crazy.

Also, an instant email notifier when Al posts one of his "I'm Bored" sales would be nice too! :whistling:

Another forum I read has a feature called a "forum jump" that's pretty nice. There would be a button at the top of the page (like the buttons for Gallery/Calendar/Chatroom/etc.) named "Forum Jump" with a pull down arrow - when you click the button, all of the forums & subforums for the site appear in a nice structured window. Then you click on any of the forum names and it takes you directly to that subforum. Saves a few clicks of the forward/back buttons. Here's the forum that has it implemented: (a warning in that the format/skin/# of subforums this other site has gives me a headache - but the forum jump they have is cool :) ):

http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/

While there's always room for improvement, I love how you have this place setup Rod. Nice and clean with just enough subforums without getting crazy.

Also, an instant email notifier when Al posts one of his "I'm Bored" sales would be nice too! :whistling:
There is a drop down box to do what the Forum jump does, but it's on the bottom of the page.

Not sure if this has been mentioned...but can we have it so you can upload images right to the site when making a post?

I mean we have the gallery, so I know I can upload an image there, and then insert it into a post and then use "insert image" with the url from the gallery. Seems like a lot of steps...could we have a button to just put the image in the post right then and there?

I wish I could go back to a PM and mark it "Unopened." So many times I nearly lose track because I cannot take care of business at that very moment.

x2........Can't tell you how many times I have read a PM without time to respond, only to forget completely about it until a week later.

I also like Alan's idea about Links having a color, or underline to make them stand out better.

One last thing...................Make it so Gary can't write "NSFW" in white. :sign:

We need more laser cats to keep the forum safe from invaders.

Is there a way to automatically save outgoing PMs in the sent box?

We need more laser cats to keep the forum safe from invaders.

laser-cats-01.jpg

Just sayin'... :whistling:

Cause God knows I'd be outside reading and smoking if it weren't for these screaming little 9 year old sacks of blood and guts running around outside, stealin' my damn "WELCOME" mat!!!! Can I get CP to do something about them? :angry:

dirty little shits...

Thanks Rod!

I think this would be useful also,,,, I'm starting to suffer from c.r.s. and have missed saving some needed pm's .

FREE PRON! :thumbs:

I think it's spelled "PRAWN"...

Linky

...and this was funny.....

Thanks!!

:cool: