• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

summer cold

Gator

Sinus's stopped up, pain between my eyes to the point that 800mg of motrin only slightly dampens the pain, and sneezing. Sounds like a 'summer cold' or virus of some type i picked up on the way home from the PI? Afrin every 12 hrs, Musinex, and, if necessary, allegra d, though that stuff makes my skin crawl, and as much sleep as i can get in. Any other advice, i want my taste buds to kick in, smoked a Padron 26 last night (well, 1/2 way) and there was not much taste at all, i can't taste or smell jack squat right now :angry:

I got some advice Go to the Doctor! :laugh: Sorry to hear your sick, keep taking the musinex. That stuff does wonders, you will be coughing up alot of sh** though, but that is good for you. Before you sleep take some Bendrly(sp). Drink lots of fluids!! Hope you get well soon.

I know what you mean. I have had this cough that has not relented for the last three weeks or so. Got some scripts phoned in by my doc initially, but after blowing through those with no effect, I went in to him. Turns out there is a strain of Pertussis (that's Whooping Cough to you and me) that is going around down here. Not the typical Whooping Cough kind of deal, but a lighter, still pain in the ass, strain. Anyway, it's been no fun at all and I've been virtrually smokeless since I came down with it. Will continue to be so for a while too. Sucks majorly.

Hang in there.

ok unless i missed it in the first message...the strongest OTC cough medicine....and just about any fix it drug is Delsym cough medicine...i dont care if you dont even have a cough,...that stuff will cure it...it's worth what it costs....trust me.go out and get some now...I hope you feel better!! I have been losing my voice for a week now :(

Melly

The kids got it. The wife caught it. I guess i'm next. I got into the Ariborne thing. It seems to make a huge difference and not bad tasting either. As soon as I think I am getting sick I start the regiment. Really seems to help ward off or at least shorten the duration. Got all kinds of witch doctor sh*t in it.

Youch! Pertussis?

I feel your pain, guys.

Our family is finishing up yet another shared infection. Hit my daughter and wife in the lungs and me in the sinus. Farkin' viruses/bacteria.

Feeling good enough to spark up this weekend though. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Gator get better soon!
Sucks not being able to smoke but when you finally can it will be awesome!

-Rob

Hope you feel better soon bro! It sucks when you have the urge to smoke, but you know you can't or should not. What's the point...............You really will not enjoy or taste it. :angry:

Gator - it sounds like you could have a sinus infection. I used to get one every three to four years. The painful, plugged sinuses are the clue here. Get in to the doc and get some antibiotics if appropriate; it could be a cold but it's worth checking.

I was down for a couple days this week with an ear infection. Man, that was no fun but I got in to my doc early and the antibiotics are doing their thing..... :thumbs:

Go see the doc, drink lots of water, get caught up on the rest end of the equation......and the very best of luck to you.

Get well soon - B.B.S.

I had it about a month ago...mine hung around for over 3 weeks :angry:. I hope you are feeling better soon !!

I think it's a cold, better today, and i don't have a cough, just a constant nasty headache right between the eyes, clogged sinuses, and no sense of taste or smell (not much anyway). The Philippine trip return really beat me up, slept 6 hours in 3 days upon returning (doesn't help i have a uncle in the hospital w/ stage 4 lung cancer, stayed a couple nights there). If it's not better Monday or Tues., i'll go see the sawbones. Thanks for the good wishes :cool:

There will be one sparked tomorrow evening and a glass (or two) of RZ 23 or El Dorado 15 tomorrow night, wife and kids are leaving late afternoon for her moms...

Steam usueally breaks up that mucus atleast temporarily. If you buy some ginger at the store and boil it and breath in the steam it should clear up a little of that sinus pressure

Steam usueally breaks up that mucus atleast temporarily. If you buy some ginger at the store and boil it and breath in the steam it should clear up a little of that sinus pressure

i drilled a hole in my forehead instead